Garage Door Opener

I have always back my vehicles into the garage and had the Home Link buttons in each of my trucks. The transmitter with this truck is horrible. I have to practically be inside my garage for it to work when backing up. I'm talking, my tailgate is inches from the garage door. If I pull forward to the garage it is better, but I prefer to back in.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same problem with Home Link on the garage door opener. Sent problem to Home Link and they told to re install codes. Not much help from them. So still using old factory garage door opener.

But Home link works my drive way gate ok.

You back into your garage? Don't see that very often.

Anyway it sounds like GM might have used a directional antenna on the Home Link transmitter. In that case, is there any time when you are approaching the house that you can hit the button before you start turning around to back in? That will by far be the easiest solution. GM can just say it is "operating as designed". I'm assuming it really does work right when you approach driving forward. Like from 50 feet away.

I think mine works better than the transmitters that came with the doors. Got it programed for three different doors. One is older type. One is the newer rolling code type. And the one I just replaced on the house is the newer 315mhz type. Works on all three.

Archived