Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Cholt2322

Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, shadrickjm said:

I have the GoRhino RB20's.  They fit nice and tight up against the body ot the truck.12-21-18.thumb.jpg.ae4cf7f8e7d67371281976ac93406dc1.jpg5c890a990d797_Sideshot.thumb.jpg.37bea09914ef4cdb95a47bd7b69c3f2f.jpg

They look good are they up as tight as they go? I feel like the D6's are even a bit tighter to the rockers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rally_18 said:

They look good are they up as tight as they go? I feel like the D6's are even a bit tighter to the rockers.

Yeah, I installed them as close to the truck as possible.  Here's a closer pic of when I first installed them.

5c8912bf18178_RB20s2.thumb.jpg.621f06f17c351510771e762f54293891.jpg

5c8912cf2d211_RB20s.thumb.jpg.24540c94c554f44a585409d5d137330b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just added the N-Fab RKR rails with removable steps. They are the tightest ive found so far with the added bonus of being able to remove the steps whenever you need to.20190228_200119-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.9c52ecb86bbbec71898a663ec76170c3.jpg20190228_203249-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.fe1ab8f7306085771c8f89dd97998254.jpg20190301_095149.thumb.jpg.0c3c70cfc2f3c5b702814b9efdb57ccb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rally_18 said:

So I'm in the market for some running boards to help others get in the truck/stop the wear on my door sills. Whats my options on a running board that's tight fitting to the rockers don't want to give up to much and don't really want to spend over a grand for power steps either. Just looking for suggestions i like the dominator d6's but have read several stories of them coming damaged so just seeing whats out there. Thanks in advance! 

I'd take a serious look at the N-Fab hoops.  I had them on my 2014 and they were perfect for me.  There when I or someone else needed them, small enough to be out of the way when I didn't.  The finish on them was durable.  I had them installed for 4+ years and they were just starting to rust at the joints when I traded the truck in last year.  I would have happily taken them to the local Line-X dealer and had them sprayed for another 5-10 years of use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DHaze83 said:

I just added the N-Fab RKR rails with removable steps. They are the tightest ive found so far with the added bonus of being able to remove the steps whenever you need to.20190228_200119-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.9c52ecb86bbbec71898a663ec76170c3.jpg20190228_203249-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.fe1ab8f7306085771c8f89dd97998254.jpg20190301_095149.thumb.jpg.0c3c70cfc2f3c5b702814b9efdb57ccb.jpg

That a good idea! Im guessing the steps are easy to remove just a few bolts. Thats a sharp looking truck love the black and red 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally_18 said:

That a good idea! Im guessing the steps are easy to remove just a few bolts. Thats a sharp looking truck love the black and red 

Yep. 2 bolts per step and off they come. Plus I like the fact of having sliders now whenever I feel like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DHaze83 said:

Yep. 2 bolts per step and off they come. Plus I like the fact of having sliders now whenever I feel like it.

Can you take a side shot showing if they stick out any side profile wise? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rally_18 said:

Can you take a side shot showing if they stick out any side profile wise? thanks

Sure. I'll upload some today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man all these options. Everything looks so great. I have the factory chrome ones. Kids love them but they just sit way too low for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DHaze83 said:

Sure. I'll upload some today.

20190314_144329-1320x3022.thumb.jpg.76c0639d76f04ef9c6d5d48dd05b3b7c.jpg20190314_144346-1397x3023.thumb.jpg.6aff15179d404f451d93d4ecd04461a1.jpg20190314_144401-1701x3024.thumb.jpg.6d34ff83cdfa3cf10c022d7c65dd75d9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 3tspapat said:

Oh man all these options. Everything looks so great. I have the factory chrome ones. Kids love them but they just sit way too low for me.

I feel like I'm the only person that likes the nice low chrome ones. I feel like all these tucked up to the rocker are serving no purpose other than to kick my large boots into the side as i try to get my foot all the way on the platform. I want a STEP, that my entire foot, front to back and side to side, fits on. That I can stand up and work on top of the roof while on it with both feet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed N-Fab Podium LG’s
cd23f76cef6fcbfc621931fb7b4fb460.jpg

38dd7cdbed91d66acea9190dfa78f92e.jpg

40c6ba12b940e94e4eb7c94088f9582a.jpg

But then noticed this on the right side step after removing the packing material after install;

fd863134831075e926c197c22638c29d.jpg

Needless to say N-Fab has already received an email. We’ll see how this goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DCC_318 said:

Installed N-Fab Podium LG’s
cd23f76cef6fcbfc621931fb7b4fb460.jpg

38dd7cdbed91d66acea9190dfa78f92e.jpg

40c6ba12b940e94e4eb7c94088f9582a.jpg

But then noticed this on the right side step after removing the packing material after install;

fd863134831075e926c197c22638c29d.jpg

Needless to say N-Fab has already received an email. We’ll see how this goes.

I ordered the RKR rails with removable steps just recently. I hade the same issue. The steps were not secured in the box and just beat up the bars. They are warrantied and they give you a few options such as, 1. Touch up paint, 2. Return the product and they will send a new set, 3. (Fastest) order a new set which usually ship faster than the original, then return bad set and wait for your refund. I am currently waiting for my refund. So far they have made it right. Should be recieving my refund sometime this week hopefully.

Edited by DHaze83
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DHaze83 said:

I ordered the RKR rails with removable steps just recently. I hade the same issue. The steps were not secured in the box and just beat up the bars. They are warrantied and they give you a few options such as, 1. Touch up paint, 2. Return the product and they will send a new set, 3. (Fastest) order a new set which usually ship faster than the original, then return bad set and wait for your refund. I am currently waiting for my refund. So far they have made it right. Should be recieving my refund sometime this week hopefully.

Thanks for the feedback.  Couple questions.. You didn't have to pay when you ordered the new set did you?  Who paid for the shipping of the bad set back to N-Fab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did have to pay for another set, that is why the option of refund is involved. It is the fastest way but also requires the purchase of another set. So if thats not possible, then option 2 would be the best. You'll just have to remove the bars and send them back and wait on a new set. I was told that warranty claims are priority over new orders. They were pretty fast. They paid for the return shipping. And they will also schedule a pickup of the old bars so its not too bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.