Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Just installed Dee Zee FX running boards on my truck, very happy with how they turned out and equally disappointed that I didn't spend the money before the winter. They went on easy and there's very few things I would have changed. We'll see how clean they keep the side of my truck

60658536_851096840047_25345887325609000960565117_851096850027_34044476472709611560866082_851096805117_477119256970081075

I'm close to pulling the trigger on these. I wear a size 15 work boot, will there be enough room on the step for me? Or should I look more into the Rhino R10 boards?

I'm loving mine
Westin HDX
PfrHoTx.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, matt76cmich said:

I'm close to pulling the trigger on these. I wear a size 15 work boot, will there be enough room on the step for me? Or should I look more into the Rhino R10 boards?

Front step is a little over 15" wide, rear is over 11" wide (I don't remember the exact dimension from my research). Getting in and out, I have yet to literally put my entire foot on the step tread. I think you'd be fine, but I would suggest finding a retail source for these and take a look at them first given your shoe size. 

• Like 1

I wear a 14 wide and have plenty of room

6 hours ago, matt76cmich said:

• Like 1

Well I saw I truck around town with the RB20s and that did it for me. Ordered them the other day and installed them today. Ran into a small problem with the rocker threaded holes being full of crap and started to strip the bolts. I stopped and then ran and grabbed a tap to clean up the threaded holes (worked like a charm). Install was pretty straight forward and easy. Still debating where front to back I want to end up with the boards, but happy for now. eb3b22a249f025039117f46b08f1010f.jpgf2116666959735cbffa1c2e6d92ed322.jpg55ee604127dda58dda8f50d8935a3221.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 7:21 PM, DCC_318 said:

Installed N-Fab Podium LG’s
cd23f76cef6fcbfc621931fb7b4fb460.jpg

38dd7cdbed91d66acea9190dfa78f92e.jpg

40c6ba12b940e94e4eb7c94088f9582a.jpg

But then noticed this on the right side step after removing the packing material after install;

fd863134831075e926c197c22638c29d.jpg

Needless to say N-Fab has already received an email. We’ll see how this goes.

I was looking at getting a set of these. Now that you've had them awhile, do you still like and recommend? What did you end up doing with the blemishes?

On 5/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, Korazu said:

I was looking at getting a set of these. Now that you've had them awhile, do you still like and recommend? What did you end up doing with the blemishes?

Sorry in the delay to reply, I was out of town.  I really like them and glad I went with the Podium LG’s.  Easy install and no problems with the replacement set.  N-Fab Customer Service was great in the return process.  I did have to wait a couple of weeks for the replacements because they were out of stock.  It wasn't that big of a deal since I still had the blemishes on.  The blemishes were returned.

1 hour ago, DCC_318 said:

Sorry in the delay to reply, I was out of town.  I really like them and glad I went with the Podium LG’s.  Easy install and no problems with the replacement set.  N-Fab Customer Service was great in the return process.  I did have to wait a couple of weeks for the replacements because they were out of stock.  It wasn't that big of a deal since I still had the blemishes on.  The blemishes were returned.

How much did it run you? Where did you get it?

4 hours ago, brian2382 said:

How much did it run you? Where did you get it?

I ordered them directly through N-Fab's website.

https://n-fab.com/podium-steps

They were $464 when I ordered them.  I checked with a local dealer before I order them and they wanted around $150 to install.  Like I said in my post, easy install which I completed on my driveway without jacking up the truck.

7 hours ago, DCC_318 said:

I appreciate the response and hope you had fund recharging the batteries. lol

Great to hear that about the CS as that's a big pet peeve of mine, as most are going downhill.  Once last question, are the steps themselves about the same height as the factory running boards or are they a little lower?

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Korazu said:

I appreciate the response and hope you had fund recharging the batteries. lol

Great to hear that about the CS as that's a big pet peeve of mine, as most are going downhill.  Once last question, are the steps themselves about the same height as the factory running boards or are they a little lower?

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Truck came without factory boards, so I don't have a reference point.  I just went out and measured, the bottom of the step tube hoop is 10" from the ground on the front step and 10.5" from the ground on the rear step.  I have a stock extended cab with no lift or level.

Hope this helps

4 minutes ago, DCC_318 said:

Truck came without factory boards, so I don't have a reference point.  I just went out and measured, the bottom of the step tube hoop is 10" from the ground on the front step and 10.5" from the ground on the rear step.  I have a stock extended cab with no lift or level.

Hope this helps

Appreciate it. Mine's been raised a little from Bilstein adjustable shocks and bigger rear blocks, so I am in the same boat on the measurement, because mine already sits higher. lol I was just curious as I am putting a 5" bracket suspension lift and was curious for my shorter girlfriend. Thanks again.