Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Anyone ever used the Rough Country HD2 boards? I personally like the looks and what they say with the powder coated steel construction. I just want a running board that looks like it is hugging the underside of the cab. I just don’t like the ones that are drop down lower than the cab as much. For this reason I am also now looking at go rhino d6 I guess that I saw in previous posts. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, DCC_318 said:

Has anybody gone with Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps?  I have been looking at them and the N-Fab Podium LG's.  The reviews that I have read on the N-Fab's has been mixed.

I installed the Havoc steps on my truck shortly after I got it.  The jury is still out on them.  It's been a pretty harsh winter here so far and the last time I got a really good look at them they looked like they were rusting pretty bad.  I'll be able to tell better the next time I'm able to get it through a car wash.

I had the N-Fab hoops on my 2014 and really like them.  Only issue I had with them was, after 3+ years of being installed, rust was starting to appear where the hoop attached to the main tube.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

I installed the Havoc steps on my truck shortly after I got it.  The jury is still out on them.  It's been a pretty harsh winter here so far and the last time I got a really good look at them they looked like they were rusting pretty bad.  I'll be able to tell better the next time I'm able to get it through a car wash.

I had the N-Fab hoops on my 2014 and really like them.  Only issue I had with them was, after 3+ years of being installed, rust was starting to appear where the hoop attached to the main tube.

Nfab and Havoc are made by the same company. When I contacted Havoc about the backorder on HS2's in December, they actually pointed me to the Nfab Podiums and said the two are the same step. I've heard of rust issues on both, and have seen rusty examples of both while looking for used sets.

I'm now leaning much more heavily towards Magnums or Westin HDX's due to the rust issue.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mcdavis said:

Nfab and Havoc are made by the same company. When I contacted Havoc about the backorder on HS2's in December, they actually pointed me to the Nfab Podiums and said the two are the same step. I've heard of rust issues on both, and have seen rusty examples of both while looking for used sets.

I'm now leaning much more heavily towards Magnums or Westin HDX's due to the rust issue.

The N-fab rusting I saw on my 2014 was literally a hairline crack in the paint/powdercoat.  Had I kept that truck I would have fixed that and got another several years of life out of them. 

If the Havocs are in fact rusting, they're going back and I'll put another set of the N-fab's on my 2018.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darmichar said:

Thanks for the feedback!  Shame that you're seeing rust already. 

I hear you on the harsh winter.  We just went over the 100 inches of snow mark here in Buffalo for the season.  Unfortunately NY uses salt on the roads and I really don't want to see the steps looking terrible after a season, so whatever I finally decide it won't be until the weather breaks.