What have you done to your K2 today?

Well, not by choice but I got to replace the battery tonight. My lady and I went for some DQ and came back out to leave and big girl didn't want to turn over. Lucked out as there was an advanced auto parts across the parking lot and was closing in 10 minutes. Needless to say I got it swapped out in 15 minutes with hand tools I had in the truck, overall not hard to swap batteries. Heard it was tough, but it was really simple.

P.S well aware I should be at the Planet fitness and not dairy queen lol1facead09da001a7f44b623028adb99b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Made a day trip to the mountains to do some scouting.
803299b6f5f7a2823850382757711f92.jpg

I set a new 50mi high mileage on the way home. Yes, downhill with a tailwind.
6a80c7bd1dc093e43eccc910536721eb.jpg

Here’s the overall round trip. Up the mountain, 4 wheeling, and back down the mountain.
33d11b7b9f5a37c75b63393295eef3d0.jpg

Truck looks great. How do you like having the topper on, find it more useful than without one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Truck looks great. How do you like having the topper on, find it more useful than without one?

Thanks! Sadly I brought home quite a few new scratches yesterday. “Colorado Pinstripes”

Long story short: I love it! I can feel the weight back there. Good: the suspension rides nice. Bad: it isn’t as peppy as I liked with an empty bed.

Years ago I would have never had a topper. I had no idea why someone would put one of these on their truck.

I bought one for my old 2000 Silverado for $500 on Craigslist a few years ago. The difference was amazing! My gear was dry. I had instant shelter to sleep for weekend trips. I could fit my entire hunting camp (or all of the family’s gear too).

I bought this truck last year and went with a basic tonneau for a year. It worked. Barely. I could just fit everything we needed for a week of camping, but the cooler had to go on a hitch-mounted carrier. I wouldn’t sleep in the bed under a tonneau.

I love this truck! I can go anywhere and do anything I want to in it. I could live out of it for weeks if needed.
  • Like 3

IMG_3585.jpg.2b16a78192d0ef8f1333855354f94af0.jpg
Installed new PML diff cover. ,and changed out fluids in the front and rear diffs along with the transfer case. All fluids replaced with AMSOIL products. Next up, trans fluid service, as soon as I get the courage up to deal with the crossover exhaust pipe.

Great job, exactly what I do 1aac5a915433316b5f00007e6c3a43a7.jpg
1085ee9b8abb1b352e548644e97c2aec.jpg
Amsoil’s definitely the best of the best [emoji1303]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

when I bought my truck it was lowered already by the previous owner but I am considering lifting with probably a 4" kit

I am looking for suggestions for a really good kit that will handle great I don't want a sloppy boat I want a nice tight ship

i want to go up in tire size but just the right amount so I don't have to use fender guards or spacers, etc..

one shop told me the BDS kit handles well but when I had them look at my lowering kit they didn't seem to be to knowledgeable and this is a shop that has been around here for a few decades.

anyway just looking for suggestions, experience?. i drive it kind of hard so it's important that it handles good.

2018 crew cab 6.5 bed 4x4 z71. 

I will add that the truck will be mostly be driven on road but I want to be able to be able to go off-road within reason not trying to climb moab but just basic no worries if i take  the kids off in the mountains.

Edited by doubeleive

Installed Eibach Stage 2.0 (E86-23-032-01-20) Coilover in the front. Did not touch the height out of box and it set the front dead level with the rear. Up to 4" of lift with just these coilovers (according to their site). Pretty happy with it so far. For the price, I am not sure you can beat these.

More pics to come as we dont really have any flat land ?
4TIWYAC.jpg
QVnbdTf.jpg

Replaced brakes on all four corners with... 
Front:
Rotors - Brembo 09.A406.21
Pads - Akebono ASP1363

Rear
Rotors - Brembo 09.B534.11
Pads - Akebono ASP1707

• Like 4

I’d also look at the CST 4.5” lift, super high quality and yes I OffRoad a lot with zero issues. You can use your favorite shocks too, mine are CST coil overs up front, CST piggyback in rear which if you OffRoad frequent I’d highly recommend adjustable front coil overs. Rears are good with just about any, heck, you can even use Bilstein shocks too, they give a lifetime warranty.
Back to the lift, they’re all pretty good just as long as they don’t widen your track with or turning radius which BDS and other will do unless specified. I’ve had my CST 4.5” for almost 3 years and absolutely LOVE it with Zero complaints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I’d also look at the CST 4.5” lift, super high quality and yes I OffRoad a lot with zero issues. You can use your favorite shocks too, mine are CST coil overs up front, CST piggyback in rear which if you OffRoad frequent I’d highly recommend adjustable front coil overs. Rears are good with just about any, heck, you can even use Bilstein shocks too, they give a lifetime warranty.
Back to the lift, they’re all pretty good just as long as they don’t widen your track with or turning radius which BDS and other will do unless specified. I’ve had my CST 4.5” for almost 3 years and absolutely LOVE it with Zero complaints.

the BDS say's it widens it 1.5" on both sides, the CST doesn't? what about the front axle angles?

Edited by doubeleive

Could you do UCAs to help out with front end geometry or does CST advise against it? I've been looking at 4-6" lifts and I'm just torn on what I need and who I should buy from

the BDS say's it widens it 1.5" on both sides, the CST doesn't? what about the front axle angles?

No, it doesn’t, check them out.

https://cstsuspension.com/shop/gmc/4wd-gmc/14-18-chevy-gmc-1500-4wd-gmc/4-inch-lift-kit-2014-to-2018-k1500/

Could you do UCAs to help out with front end geometry or does CST advise against it? I've been looking at 4-6" lifts and I'm just torn on what I need and who I should buy from

CST is a VERY high end lift, I highly recommend them but many love their BDS’s etc, I just can’t stand that stupid widening. I’d call them and ask them, speak with Todd M and go from their. I also had 4wheelparts install it for me. What city do you live in?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JonMS said:

Installed Eibach Stage 2.0 (E86-23-032-01-20) Coilover in the front. Did not touch the height out of box and it set the front dead level with the rear. Up to 4" of lift with just these coilovers (according to their site). Pretty happy with it so far. For the price, I am not sure you can beat these.

More pics to come as we dont really have any flat land ?
4TIWYAC.jpg
QVnbdTf.jpg

Replaced brakes on all four corners with... 
Front:
Rotors - Brembo 09.A406.21
Pads - Akebono ASP1363

Rear
Rotors - Brembo 09.B534.11
Pads - Akebono ASP1707

Hello JonMS! 

I am looking at the same upgrades, i currently have the Pro Truck System by Eibach. Over 2 years and they are great. Just don't know if it's worth the upgrade to the 2.0 at this time. 

Give us some feedback on how it rides and handles! 

Also looking to upgrade the brakes. I was looking at the Brembo Rotors and Pads too!

Brembo P09015N Pads

Brembo 09.A406.21 Rotors

Brembo P10068N Pads 

Brembo O9.B534.11 Rotors.

Any feed back on these will also be appreciated!

when I bought my truck it was lowered already by the previous owner but I am considering lifting with probably a 4" kit
I am looking for suggestions for a really good kit that will handle great I don't want a sloppy boat I want a nice tight ship
i want to go up in tire size but just the right amount so I don't have to use fender guards or spacers, etc..
one shop told me the BDS kit handles well but when I had them look at my lowering kit they didn't seem to be to knowledgeable and this is a shop that has been around here for a few decades.
anyway just looking for suggestions, experience?. i drive it kind of hard so it's important that it handles good.
2018 crew cab 6.5 bed 4x4 z71. 
I will add that the truck will be mostly be driven on road but I want to be able to be able to go off-road within reason not trying to climb moab but just basic no worries if i take  the kids off in the mountains.

Have the head mechanic look at what’s going to be required to lift your truck. I’d imagine that parts swap would be no different than lifting but I’m sure there are going to be missing parts replaced as well. Expect to leave your vehicle there a few days.
Personally, just my own experiences, the 4.5” lift is PERFECT, not to tall and not to low. I’ve had other vehicles that caused me to get rid of them due to everyday use, tedious to maneuver in a big city as well as older parking garages keeping me from entering them but this lift is AWESOME!

fd03b43b8d0da7cd101cab575c5a1532.jpg
7e9812132812a9be845745adbb5089b1.jpg
b5fcd9ca7aeaf21a7430a22dc85dfd53.jpg
1614526ff165bbfe5d452161ebe607c6.jpg
c4ccc8918ca9260c5298f4af70e8f02e.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Have the head mechanic look at what’s going to be required to lift your truck. I’d imagine that parts swap would be no different than lifting but I’m sure there are going to be missing parts replaced as well. Expect to leave your vehicle there a few days.
Personally, just my own experiences, the 4.5” lift is PERFECT, not to tall and not to low. I’ve had other vehicles that caused me to get rid of them due to everyday use, tedious to maneuver in a big city as well as older parking garages keeping me from entering them but this lift is AWESOME!

fd03b43b8d0da7cd101cab575c5a1532.jpg
7e9812132812a9be845745adbb5089b1.jpg
b5fcd9ca7aeaf21a7430a22dc85dfd53.jpg
1614526ff165bbfe5d452161ebe607c6.jpg
c4ccc8918ca9260c5298f4af70e8f02e.jpg

are you using just the blocks on the back or the deaver j1? whatever that is, and are you using the regular coil over or the reservoir coilover?