What have you done to your K2 today?

CST is a VERY high end lift, I highly recommend them but many love their BDS’s etc, I just can’t stand that stupid widening. I’d call them and ask them, speak with Todd M and go from their. I also had 4wheelparts install it for me. What city do you live in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live out in Denver. I want to do some overlanding and maybe some harder trails. I know I should have got a colorado or Tacoma if I wanted a real off road platform, but I love my K2. I just want to go offroad on the medium trails with my Toyota dealership coworkers and 4runner buddies who give me copious amounts of ****** for having a 1. Full size truck, 2. A non Toyota, and 3... a Chevy. All of which I want to build it even more just to prove a point and have my dream truck.

Truth be told I've been looking at king shocks, but I will never be able to afford those. CST looks great, but I want to do my lift right. No rough country or bracket lifts. A proper suspension. I just don't rightly know exactly what to buy. Won't be for a good while anyways. But I've been eyeing lifts since before I owned the truck

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live out in Denver. I want to do some overlanding and maybe some harder trails. I know I should have got a colorado or Tacoma if I wanted a real off road platform, but I love my K2. I just want to go offroad on the medium trails with my Toyota dealership coworkers and 4runner buddies who give me copious amounts of ****** for having a 1. Full size truck, 2. A non Toyota, and 3... a Chevy. All of which I want to build it even more just to prove a point and have my dream truck.

Truth be told I've been looking at king shocks, but I will never be able to afford those. CST looks great, but I want to do my lift right. No rough country or bracket lifts. A proper suspension. I just don't rightly know exactly what to buy. Won't be for a good while anyways. But I've been eyeing lifts since before I owned the truck

You’re definitely going to be looking at long travel shocks etc. I’d contact CST and ask them their opinion and request their answer to be emailed to you. CST isn’t the cheapest but it sure is an awesome and very stout system. It’ll definitely handle anything the trails will give and more but caution on rock climbing. The #1 thing I live about CST is their build construction, gussets and full welds etc. I run my Gmc pretty hard when out in the country but very cautiously too.
Running Trails will definitely require resi’s (Coil Overs with adjustable shocks) up front approx $1600 a pair and definitely piggy backs in rear which will definitely help the shock perform cooler longer. Remember, you’ve got lots more power in your truck than they do, use it wisely. Tires also make a world of difference.

Install is approx $1k for a lift plus lift etc

You’re definitely going to be looking at long travel shocks etc. I’d contact CST and ask them their opinion and request their answer to be emailed to you. CST isn’t the cheapest but it sure is an awesome and very stout system. It’ll definitely handle anything the trails will give and more but caution on rock climbing. The #1 thing I live about CST is their build construction, gussets and full welds etc. I run my Gmc pretty hard when out in the country but very cautiously too.
Running Trails will definitely require resi’s (Coil Overs with adjustable shocks) up front approx $1600 a pair and definitely piggy backs in rear which will definitely help the shock perform cooler longer. Remember, you’ve got lots more power in your truck than they do, use it wisely. Tires also make a world of difference.

Install is approx $1k for a lift plus lift etc

Makes sense, I was thinking mid travel or long travel for sure, kings and deaver 182s were the ultimate plan, but the cost is way to high. I'm fine with not getting a cheap lift, I want quality over cost savings any day of the week, but CST has been on the forefront of my lift interests for quite some time, based on the build quality I've seen and the price. I definitely don't go offroad that much or even when I had my jeeps, but I want to be really prepared and expect anything BUT a suspension failure when offloading. Tacoma buddy of mine got an icon 3" 2.0 and snapped the shocks shift in half on a trail and 3 wheeled it for a week waiting on a response and new shock from them. I wasn't planning on going with non resi shocks anyway, I'm aware of the cooling effects they have and the shock performance over time. Not planning on doing high speed runs but I like the most performance for the same money when comparing similar units from all manufacturers. Plan is a half rack in bed with full bed of outdoorsy stuff (lack of better term) and a supply of food for 2 people for multiple days on a trip. I mentioned the power to them, as the Tacomas are incredibly anemic when outfitted with similar kit, so I Josh them saing let me know when you get stuck, ill have a real motor to pull you out with. Since I work in a dealership as a technician and have access to a 2 post lift and I do enough stuff there to feel comfortable with installing it myself, so I'll be able to save some money that way too.

I appreciate you chiming in a lot on this and helping us all out. I dig the way your GMC is set up as well, look forward to seeing more mods in the future!

3 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Got bored on the way home. Decided to turn the traction control / ABS off and just pedal to the metal.

How much was that supercharger? How much time labor in all, wouldn’t mind doing that to mine in the future 

15 hours ago, CajunFries said:

Got bored on the way home. Decided to turn the traction control / ABS off and just pedal to the metal.

I'm surprised the truck even moved. Were you in 4 wheel?

2 minutes ago, Granite7 said:

They installed my 6112s up front and aligned for $600. Buy the Bilsteins on Amazon. Install the back yourself. Or shoot, swing in by and I’ll put em on for $4k.

lol, that's for a lift kit also, not just the shocks

• Like 1

How much was that supercharger? How much time labor in all, wouldn’t mind doing that to mine in the future 

I did everything myself except the tuning and custom exhaust pieces. I think I’m in it about 12k. I stop counting. It hurts hahaha

Here is the parts / price list.

Blower 4200
Headers 450. + $120 for shipping
O2 extension $40
ARP exhaust bolts $32
Meth kit $700 / extra hose & nozzle $140
VP M1 $40 (every 2-3 weeks)
Cat $400 / muffler $160 / resonator $110 / Vbands $120
Block8head gauge pod $200
Spark plugs $60 / boots $20
160 thermostat $40
Smaller pulley $50 / belt $30
Hpfp lash cap $11
VAS traction bar $414
AFR gauge $185 / boost gauge $95
stabilitrac switch $80
Exhaust manifold gasket $14
Valve cover breather $75
Vibrant catch can $130 hose & fittings $50
Driveshaft loop $100
Driveshaft $800
walbro Fuel pump $110
Tune $750
K&N 0870 $85 Filterwears $30
CF 4” intake setup $210 / MAF adapter $30
LT5 TB $220 & adapter $55
Header ceramic coated $250
Smooth boost $900

Exhaust labor build $70 $250 $100

• Like 2

I'm surprised the truck even moved. Were you in 4 wheel?

I’m only 2wd. Wish it was a 4wd, SMH. Crew cab standard bed. 6 speed 3.42 gear. Nitto NT420S 285/50/20. 1st is useless, it’ll spin the first half of 2nd and hooks at about 40 something. Truck weights in at 6100lbs with full tank of gas and me in it.

21 hours ago, CajunFries said:

I did everything myself except the tuning and custom exhaust pieces. I think I’m in it about 12k. I stop counting. It hurts hahaha

Here is the parts / price list.

Blower 4200
Headers 450. + $120 for shipping
O2 extension $40
ARP exhaust bolts $32
Meth kit $700 / extra hose & nozzle $140
VP M1 $40 (every 2-3 weeks)
Cat $400 / muffler $160 / resonator $110 / Vbands $120
Block8head gauge pod $200
Spark plugs $60 / boots $20
160 thermostat $40
Smaller pulley $50 / belt $30
Hpfp lash cap $11
VAS traction bar $414
AFR gauge $185 / boost gauge $95
stabilitrac switch $80
Exhaust manifold gasket $14
Valve cover breather $75
Vibrant catch can $130 hose & fittings $50
Driveshaft loop $100
Driveshaft $800
walbro Fuel pump $110
Tune $750
K&N 0870 $85 Filterwears $30
CF 4” intake setup $210 / MAF adapter $30
LT5 TB $220 & adapter $55
Header ceramic coated $250
Smooth boost $900

Exhaust labor build $70 $250 $100

Damn Nevermind that’s sounds to complicated ? my wife would hate my truck more if I did this to it fr fr ? 

• Like 1

Damn Nevermind that’s sounds to complicated [emoji23] my wife would hate my truck more if I did this to it fr fr [emoji38] 

I mean you don’t have to do everything I did..... you can just do the whipple kit. You won’t be making allll the power but more than stock. I did a bunch of other things so I can make more power