What have you done to your K2 today?

Yesterday I put on half of a Roadmaster Active Suspension (RAS) kit.  My truck is lowered by 2 inches in front and 4 inches in the rear with a flip on the rear.  It took some figuring but I finally found a way to install with the flip kit.  Got the driver side installed but the passenger side got held up by a shackle bolt that I could not get off with hand tools.  The original installer must have used an impact wrench and the damn thing is on so tight that I almost stripped the head trying to get it off before I wisely stopped and put that side back as it was without  the RAS.

Tonight I installed:

IMG_20200913_195827.jpg

IMG_20200913_200734.jpg

• Like 2

Since apparently the stuff I bought from a rest stop on the PA turnpike was mostly water (based on how little it did for the bug guts speckling my field of view), I did some research and bought what I'm hoping is the good stuff in terms of windshield washing fluid and filled it up today. Got another long trip coming up so hopefully I'll be able to report back on the effectiveness of this mix soon.

Full details in my build thread: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/239297-turtl3ups-2018-silverado/?do=findComment&comment=2457232

IMG_20200914_160233.jpg

On 9/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, 2016DenaliGuy said:

Someone smashed into my truck so it's been down a while.  Took the opportunity to do a few mods while it was repaired.

IMG-1100.jpg

Reminds me of the guy driving northbound on I-215, just south of March ARB.  He was dragging his airdam for at least 10 miles, then he passed us later, only had about a foot of airdam left hanging on the fastener just in front of his front right tire.  I'm thinking that he was off-roading just before jumping on the highway.  I'm surprised that it lasted that long.

18 minutes ago, TX LIMO said:

Those look awesome! The red makes it pop. I love it but really wouldn’t work on a black truck. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks I like them though I wish it extended all the way to the weather stripping.  Not sure if you have an accent color but they have other colors on Amazon.

• Like 1

Those look awesome! The red makes it pop. I love it but really wouldn’t work on a black truck. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could get a vinyl underneath of a choice color then have the carbon over top of it to contrast.

Edit: I see they aren't cut out letters but built into the vinyl. Sooo nevermind... lol

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, VanguardK2 said:

I can respect that. After a year im thinking my midnight edition is a touch TOO black. Need some color to spice it up IMHO

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Gotta love the all black when its clean and done right though. I'll never go back to anything other than all black.

• Like 2