What have you done to your K2 today?

I clamped the flapper valve open and its amazing the difference in tone. A lot deeper and a little louder rumble just on start up. I have not had a chance to drive it yet to hear what it sounds like with afm engaged and with various throttle applied. So ill report back a little later after i have driven it for a little bit.

UPDATE!!

I have taken the truck on about a 20 minute drive with the flapped clamped open. A mix of city and highway. Much more agressive tone that I am looking for. Not really any drone when afm does kick in but the afm does not seem to kick in as much. I think I am going to leave the flapper in and just leave it clamped open and if i get tired of the tone i can remove the clamp and quiet it back down. I can have the best of both worlds this way if need be.

Did you just use a hose clamp and do you remember which way to rotate to the open position?

live like at sailor at sea!

BOB SEGER

Yea just used a hose clamp. If i remember correctly when under the truck looking up at it. I turned it counter clock wise. One way only turned a little bit and the other way turns more something like a quarter revolution or so

• Like 1

Fixed my vibration issue. Could feel the vibration coming from the drivers side. New hub assembly later and it rides perfect. fc18cdd092959cfb17e5001724030109.jpgc7b15fb8207d0f617a45ab4dd0e26308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballsy move not using any jack stands. How many miles does your truck have?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ballsy move not using any jack stands. How many miles does your truck have?

There's a jack stand on the other side of the 3ton jack.

And it has 57k

Thought the vibration was from my last tires (very aggressive) until I got new ones and it was still there.

Got my 'Seatbelt Recall' 2015822B Performed. After much bitching back and forth with GM we basically settled on them replacing the whole side of the seat.
This is what the part looks like if you order it from the factory right now. It is better than the hackjobs .... somewhat and at least is a clean machined 'cut'. Still not 100% satisfied but at least I can say it was not sliced up. I know the service manager did his best in forcing GM to replace the entire piece at their cost so I am grateful for that, at least we stuck it to GM and made them cough up and spend hours of manager & regional manager level labor rates because they cheaped out trying to save a buck.
"Lo barato sale caro." The cheap comes out expensive

Any chance your invoice has the part number for that new piece?

• Like 1

In flip flops no less !

What's wrong with the flip flops? Lol

I try not to wear my sandals if I'm going to be using tools, but I have worn them while doing stuff. I can be clumsy sometimes (especially working on something like my truck or other vehicle) so it's a real chance I'm taking if I'm working on something wearing sandals lol. I guess it's one of those things I'll take the chance on until I drop something heavy on my bare foot to make me stop lol.

I remember someone on another truck forum when I had my '98 making fun of a picture I took with my truck wearing the sandals. He was saying I can't be a real redneck because I was wearing them. Thing is I live in a town where it's a river running right through it, a lake very close by within a few miles and then the beach is about a 2 hour drive so it's not uncommon for "even rednecks" to wear sandals around here lol. I guess according to them I have to always wear jeans and boots. All I wear is jeans and jean shorts and when I have jeans on I only wear boots unless I put on the sandals just to go outside for a minute.

2 years ago I put a 2 inch level in the front and nothing to the back. I finally got around to adding the 1 inch in the back and put new Michelin Defenders 275/60/20 on. the stock tires only last 34,000 miles. I should have done both awhile ago.

Edited by Doobs41378

2 years ago I put a 2 inch level in the front and nothing to the back. I finally got around to adding the 1 inch in the back and put new Michelin Defenders 275/60/20 on. the stock tires only last 34,000 miles. I should have done both awhile ago.

Cool story, we want pictures though! lol