My 2014 with 4-inch BDS Lift and 35" Toyo Tires - No Trimming!

Here is a teaser pic before the sun went down. I will post more pictures here tomorrow but this should confirm for everyone that the BDS 4-inch lift kit plays nice with 35" Toyos (barely!) and no trimming was required. I also added the upgraded Fox 2.0's to the rear with the install.

For those interested the measurement from the ground to the middle fender was 37" front and 38 3/4 in the rear before the lift kit and wheels were installed. After the install both are 43 1/2". More pics tomorrow.

2LZ Z71 4X4 6.2L Max Tow Sunroof Summit White

Fancy.jpg

good looking truck. sry for digging up this old post but this is the exact setup im getting minus the wheels. you say your riding on 35in toyo mt, but on bds website they have your wheels as 33's??

I also have a question for the guy running the 18" wheel with the Zone kit. BDS says you can't run a 35x12.50x18 on theirs because of the backspacing....but I would assume that depends on the offset of the wheel right? It's the same size tire as the OP, just an 18" inner diameter rather than 20".

I also have a question for the guy running the 18" wheel with the Zone kit. BDS says you can't run a 35x12.50x18 on theirs because of the backspacing....but I would assume that depends on the offset of the wheel right? It's the same size tire as the OP, just an 18" inner diameter rather than 20".

I'd think that it would just depend on backspacing. Heck, BDS says you can only run a 35 on their 6" kit but I've seen someone on 17s and 37s on that kit

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a teaser pic before the sun went down. I will post more pictures here tomorrow but this should confirm for everyone that the BDS 4-inch lift kit plays nice with 35" Toyos (barely!) and no trimming was required. I also added the upgraded Fox 2.0's to the rear with the install.

For those interested the measurement from the ground to the middle fender was 37" front and 38 3/4 in the rear before the lift kit and wheels were installed. After the install both are 43 1/2". More pics tomorrow.

2LZ Z71 4X4 6.2L Max Tow Sunroof Summit White

Fancy.jpg

I need this. Are you happy with this lift?

I need this. Are you happy with this lift?

Yeah, I couldn't be happier! Highly recommend BDS and I love my 4-inch. I am sure their 6-inch is very nice too. Headed out this weekend for some off roading and dirt biking with some jeep buddies up into Sherman's Pass!

• Like 2

Just a quick update to let everyone know I am going to have to do some trimming, unfortunately. It is very, very minor on one side inside the wheel well. Nothing will be visible from the outside. I will post pictures once we get it done so you can see what I mean and my apologies for the now misleading title to this thread! But, I wanted to make sure everyone is up to speed.

Also, I drilled out the gold bow ties and replaced them with GM black bow ties and LOVE it!

Are you able to post a photo of the trimming that was required? Love your set-up and am looking at something very similar, but don't want to have to cut too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking trucks guy. I am getting ready to install a Fabtech 4 inch lift with 18-9 Vision Manic Wheels in a few weeks. Looks like 35 inch tires will work. Either Goodrich KO's or Nitto Grapplers. I will post some pic's when done.

I'd think that it would just depend on backspacing. Heck, BDS says you can only run a 35 on their 6" kit but I've seen someone on 17s and 37s on that kit

This. I need to see a pic, 4" lift + 37s on 17" wheels would be SICK.

• 9 months later...

Looking forward to some pics man! I've got the zone 4.5 with 295/60/20s with -12 offset. I believe those tires are 34x11.6. They only rub in reverse but I believe that's only bc of the offset. Good luck though!

Do you know if i could run the exact setup you have with the lift and tire size on my factory 20 inch wheels? I've got a 2016 silverado 1500.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Let me try to answer as best as I can and here are a couple of additional pictures.

It's hard for me to say how much the ride and gas mileage has been affected since I barely drove the truck before having everything installed. I do mostly city driving in the beach cities of Los Angeles and get about 9-11 MPG. Pretty terrible, but if I would have wanted gas mileage... Also, I got dirt biking a couple of times a month and get on the freeway and the gas mileage improves to 13-15 MPG.

I have the 6.2L and 3.73 rear end.

The power of this truck is just F-ING incredible! When I am playing in the desert after unloading the dirt bikes it almost scares me. I turn the traction control off and put it to the floor. I think I could do donuts until it runs out of gas! No problems with pick up and acceleration on surface streets or freeway either. Very, very powerful.

If you have anything else, feel free to email me

truck_2.jpg

truck_1.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_05_07_at_12_12_32_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2014_05_07_at_12_12_18_PM.pn

<script>!function(e,t,r,n,c,h,o){function a(e,t,r,n){for(r='',n='0x'+e.substr(t,2)|0,t+=2;t-1&&(h.href='mailto:'+a(h.href,t+o.length))}catch(e){}for(c=e.querySelectorAll('.__cf_email__'),n=0;n;t+=2)r+=string.fromcharcode('0x'+e.substr(t,2)^n);return>

;n++)try{(h=c[n]).parentnode.replacechild(e.createtextnode(a(h.getattribute('data-cfemail'),0)),h)}catch(e){}}catch(e){}}(document);<>;t+=2)r+=string.fromcharcode('0x'+e.substr(t,2)^n);return>

how do you think the 3:23 gear and 8 speed of the 2017 would help with mileage and this set up?? looks awesome think Im gonna build one

thanks

• 6 months later...