Alpine X009-gmk2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. I wonder if this is what is holding Maestro up on releasing their integration harness.

Yes. According to my alpine rep, Alpine has been slow in releasing this bc they wanted to make sure all oem features will be retained and code reader would be functional

Yes. According to my alpine rep, Alpine has been slow in releasing this bc they wanted to make sure all oem features will be retained and code reader would be functional

Maestro already has a harness that works and retains everything. I know this because I beta tested it. I figured they would have already released it by now as I did the testing back in July/August time frame.

I've seen this a couple months ago at a local stereo shop. And when I asked about the price I said good god. $2,700 installed.

Good god, I don't think I'd be $2700 happier over my stock 4" screen. That is just way too high for my truck.

Don't get me wrong, the chances of me doing this are very low. I would not do it for the Nav, my only desire is for sound quality. I used to cringe at an Alpine deck over $200 back in the day, the prices are crazy now.

But the dream of a true high quality 24bit DA converter and RCA outputs that I can run to a quality amp are a dream after buying this new truck.

Being a car stereo guy of the 90's, owning many (and I mean many) high quality amps and speakers I cannot imagine converting the stock head unit to RCA and getting what I want. I remember buying a $650 RF amp in 1996 that was very highly reviewed. It sounded like junk compared to the Orion and Soundstream amps I had. I realized then that not everyone was concerned about the details of sound quality, it would play loud.

So will the Alpine bring me $3k in happiness? I doubt I will be willing to find out. But I can dream a little, right? Still excited to see what they release!

Reading your post took me back to the 90's when I was a car audio nut myself. High-end decks, high-current amps, subwoofers, etc. I even sold car audio for about 2 years. When you experience a truly high-end car audio system, you quickly realize how average factory car audio systems are. But is no way in friggin hell I'd pay $3k+ to upgrade my factory audio system which sounds "reasonable" to my ears. I don't spend enough time in my truck to justify any audio upgrades over $1k.

I may be all over the Alpine when it comes out. Apple Car Play is a nice feature that the 15' owners are shut out from.

Save for the head, everything on my truck was tossed and upgraded to Memphis Sound. The only waste I will have will be the nice line out converter Had to install to make the stock head somewhat useable.

I may be all over the Alpine when it comes out. Apple Car Play is a nice feature that the 15' owners are shut out from.

Save for the head, everything on my truck was tossed and upgraded to Memphis Sound. The only waste I will have will be the nice line out converter Had to install to make the stock head somewhat useable.

what line out converter are you using? was looking at the Audiocontrol DQ-61....

what line out converter are you using? was looking at the Audiocontrol DQ-61....

I'm using the Memphis Sound 16-LL6a with remote base control.

When I first had the system installed, it sounded like crap. My installer swapped out what ever POS he had in there for a line converter with the 16-LL6a.

It definitely fixed the problem.

I'm using the Memphis Sound 16-LL6a with remote base control.

When I first had the system installed, it sounded like crap. My installer swapped out what ever POS he had in there for a line converter with the 16-LL6a.

It definitely fixed the problem.

thanks I'm going to definitely check that one out...

That 10" screen looks nice and semi factory. Hopefully they keep it to the respective interior lighting color scheme. If it can do front camera record(either hack the oem front camera in the collision alert near the rear view mirror or an aftermarket in the grill) blu-ray, video in motion, and all that we can do with reprogramming and additions to our HMI module that GTPprix and MVI Inc can do, I might be in. You get HD output, and better intuitive touch and less headaches with upgrading for better sound later.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks incredible, I have been trying to pep myself up to even considering $2500, but even if this hits the streets at $3200-3500 there is just no way. I do admit it looks like a first rate product. I love how they went with a volume nob, beautiful.

But the price is just crazy.

http://www.pacificstereo.com/alpine-x110-slv.html?utm_source=google-products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=google-products&gclid=CLG73-vD2skCFZBcfgodif4FJA

Archived