Park Assist not working

jnicke

Question

I have a 2010 Sierra 1500 4x4 with 21,000 miles. The park assist quit working. When pressing the button under the radio, it does not light up ever, but the display briefly show "Park Assist Off". I check the parking brake, there is no trailer hitch and tailgate is up.

There use to be a beep upon shifting to reverse, but not any more. Nothing. Any ideas?

Edited by jnicke

7 answers to this question

I had an issue with my aftermarket radio... the audible alerts didn't work right with the module and wintertime car washes caused ice that scrwed up the sensors so I just got rid of it you can totally disable it if you like... that's what I did. you pull the fuse and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and it relearns the computer like it was never installed.

I am going to be replacing the sensors with LED lighting at some point as well

I had an issue with my aftermarket radio... the audible alerts didn't work right with the module and wintertime car washes caused ice that scrwed up the sensors so I just got rid of it you can totally disable it if you like... that's what I did. you pull the fuse and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and it relearns the computer like it was never installed.

I am going to be replacing the sensors with LED lighting at some point as well

try a battery disconnect thing ,,,,,,if that does not work ,,,you have to take it to a garage that has knowledge on computer controlled vehs ,,,,,or a dealer

Disconnected the battery for 10 mins and it now works! Thanks

Beginning to think vehicle these days are getting more like computers, less like machines. First thing you are asked to do when your computer acts up, restart it. Restarting a computer is effectively removing power from it. Looks like disconnecting battery is the ultimate ctrl/alt/del three finger salute.

On 3/28/2014 at 8:40 AM, jnicke said:

Disconnected the battery for 10 mins and it now works! Thanks

I had to replace a damaged front sensor on my 2016 Silverado 2500hd LTZ. I damaged it accidentally and I replaced it with the correct part number.  My issue is, I now have a flashing yellow light on the dash button, but my DIC is showing it enabled!  If I disconnect the batteries, which terminals do I remove from the batteries?  Someone has suggested to positive terminals, but why can't I just do the negative ones?  Also, do I need to located and pull the fuse first?

Thanks!!