Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

eBay! Found some brand new for 60 bucks.

Finally, here is my contribution to the this thread.

Bilstein 5100s at max lift.

Method Grid 17x8.5, 0 offset.

Nitto Ridge Grappler tires 295/70R17

Gorilla spline lugs

Slight rubbing at full lock/reverse. This set-up would rub pretty bad offroad, fyi. I ziptied the fender liner back to give a little more clearance.

She sits fairly level! So far the nittos are doing great and the bilstein shocks were a huge upgrade over the Z71 ranchos.

e99bd89e6897b653a3781c56bd17a1f1.jpg

28bab90601e9b114b899116c977d0a92.jpg52d651e1f7c93fd8dce595d48a98d9b3.jpg4ee7e27d03a0003b1fd9bd6418805368.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That definitely looks like a clean proper set up. Like your truck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm in method heaven here! Great looking trucks guys!

Haha seriously! I'm digging all the good looking set ups too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So new guy here, first post.

Just got my 20x9 Fuel Mavericks with 1 offset installed with a 295/55/20 Ridge Grappler. I have the 2 inch front RC level with stock suspension. And it rubs at about 75% turn right and left. More rub seems to come when I turn the wheel left both front and reverse. Its rubbing at the bottom of the felt liner beside the plastic trim bolts. Not sure if I went with a 14 offset if that would eliminate the rub. I did so much research that I thought I was safe. Guess not.

Don't really want to cut into my truck. Is there metal behind the felt and trim bolts?

Yes there is metal behind the liner. I suggest unbolting the liner and removing to see exactly what you are contacting then go from there. Driver side has the ebrake conduit so I'd start on that side

I'm in method heaven here! Great looking trucks guys!

Agreed! This is my second set of Methods. Great company, had an issue with my beadlocks on my Tacoma and they took care of the issue and then some!

I agree and I can see the NV machined paired with my silver GMC in the near future!!! Already have Fox 2.0 all around. Can't decide on 285/70/17 or 295/70/17...

Seems like the 0 offset is perfect but moves the rub away from the suspension and into the fenders with 295's.

Either way, all of you running the Methods put me over the edge!!!!

• Like 1

I agree and I can see the NV machined paired with my silver GMC in the near future!!! Already have Fox 2.0 all around. Can't decide on 285/70/17 or 295/70/17...

Seems like the 0 offset is perfect but moves the rub away from the suspension and into the fenders with 295's.

Either way, all of you running the Methods put me over the edge!!!!

Still no rub with 295's and 0 offset here...I've been checking but don't see even a scuff on the carpet and I have worked the suspension somewhat on some rough country back roads. Don't even get a rub backing out of the driveway at full lock. I feel like these trucks must be slightly different truck to truck. I was extremely concerned about rub and I would be pissed if it rubbed even backing up at full lock but I'm very surprised I have none that I can see for now.
  • Like 1

Still no rub with 295's and 0 offset here...I've been checking but don't see even a scuff on the carpet and I have worked the suspension somewhat on some rough country back roads. Don't even get a rub backing out of the driveway at full lock. I feel like these trucks must be slightly different truck to truck. I was extremely concerned about rub and I would be pissed if it rubbed even backing up at full lock but I'm very surprised I have none that I can see for now.

I think they most certainly are, there has to be some variance. For instance height wise my 1.8 was enough to clear 295/70/17 RTs, obviously your kings at least just glancing gave you a pretty decent gain in height compared to my Bilsteins. I know i don't measure at 40" at either fender. I have some slight rub on the sway bar at full lock extremely slight but it's still rub.

Your setup has me wanting ICON, King, or Fox. Which is probably what i should've done initially so i wouldn't be spending as much. But it will come eventually.

[quote name="Criscone" post="1958922" What width and offset you end up with? Looks good!

Think it's a -24 offset and here's some pics from the back. Width of rims are 10 and tires are 12.5. My son lost my tape measurer so I need to get another.

836dd33dbfecf41c959c5d0687ed3e7a.jpg

7cf7056c2bdca2dfe422f9276abf1a65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by gary.smedley
  • Like 2

Agreed! This is my second set of Methods. Great company, had an issue with my beadlocks on my Tacoma and they took care of the issue and then some!

What was the beadlock issue? I have a few that are starting to show surface rust. I called to see if they have replacements or offer them in stainless and they said no. I googled and found some old threads on different forums saying they offered replacements. So I am a bit confused. Not a big deal, but would like to replace them if possible.

e99bd89e6897b653a3781c56bd17a1f1.jpg

This truck looks perfect. All these Method Race setups are giving me second thoughts. I love Methods but I have a hard time justifying their price vs Pro Comps in a similar size. The Method 17x8.5 / 0 offset Mesh wheels weigh 27lbs and run about $800/set. The Pro Comp 17x9 / -6 offset 5045 series weigh 24lbs each and cost less than $500/set. Can anyone convince me that the Methods are worth that much extra money? Are they really of a noticeably better build quality than Pro Comp wheels?