Need "Multifunction Switch Instrument Panel" Diagram

I am curious if anyone could help me in finding a diagram and part numbers for the toggle switches below the climate control in the 2014/2015 trucks? I did some poking around on gmupfitter.com and was able to find it's actual name "multifunction switch instrument panel" #S48A but no diagrams. Ideally I would like an expoloded view and part numbers for all the differnt pieces: individual toggles (wide and thin) and the chrome dividers that go in the spaces between them. I want to control a light bar and some backup lights through here so it looks factory. With the current options on my truck (LTZ Z71) the traction control and park assist toggles' are double wide. I need to change them to the thin toggles like the other ones, this should free up two spaces where I'm hoping to add an AUX1 and AUX2 toggle from the "upfitter" switches you can order with the 2015 HD trucks. Any help would be appreciated, I'll keep you guys posted and add some pics as this project comes togeather.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Found a part number from another thread for AUX upfitter switches that swap out with the cargo light/traction control switches are.

http://www.cheapestgmparts.com/oe-gm/23145158?search_str=23145158

But have no idea how to swap out the parts. Anyone got any ideas on swapping it in or how to get to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,

So I pulled my dash apart to have a look at what's going on in there and of course things got complicated. It seems instead of an individual switch behind each toggle there is a circuit board that some small green pins push up against when you press the toggle switches... In other words you can't move switches around or add any new ones without a new circuit board... Would have to get one from a truck that uses all 7 toggle positions and then tap into the two unused switches after installing it in my truck. Damn.

3_zps3ff18a5f.png

1_zps7bd055da.png

2_zpsfdb4cda8.png

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

So I pulled my dash apart to have a look at what's going on in there and of course things got complicated. It seems instead of an individual switch behind each toggle there is a circuit board that some small green pins push up against when you press the toggle switches... In other words you can't move switches around or add any new ones without a new circuit board... Would have to get one from a truck that uses all 7 toggle positions and then tap into the two unused switches after installing it in my truck. Damn.

3_zps3ff18a5f.png

1_zps7bd055da.png

2_zpsfdb4cda8.png

I plan on ordering the one with the upfitter switches, I wonder if it comes with said board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think we should merge this thread and my thread? It's basically the same issue -- and the more people working on it together, the better?

I emailed Cheapest GM Parts (which is really just a dealership, I believe), using the below VIN and Part Number....if anyone wants to call their local dealership to see what's included with the switches, or get a seperate part number for the switches, then please do so and post up!

VIN: 1GC0KUEG3FZ112366 (2015 RCLB HD, Summit White)

Another VIN: 1GC2KUEG0FZ111345 (CCLB HD)

Part #: 23145158 (for the upfitter switches)

^^ Agreed. I found this title easier to relate to, because I didn't know what the SSV/Police Truck thing was and didn't even go to it. But I'm not sure how merging works. And now that I've seen these 2 threads, I wish I hadn't started the "seat heater" thing, since it's also mainly switch/instrument panel related.

I can try to call my dealer later this afternoon. Just to make sure, I can probably just give them the part #, right? But the VIN will be if they need an example? And I would be trying to get all the part numbers in my thread (bezel, driver/passenger heater buttons/cushions) along with the upfitter switch here.

• Like 1

Here is the diagram, I scored it from a GM Dealer. Here's what he said...

Here is the illustration (attachment) from the GM parts catalog. The part number you gave is #9 in the picture. The description is very minimal and from what i can tell without looking at one in hand it would seem it is just the switch. I'm sure there is an internal circuit board but there is no wires. Looks like there could be a connector built into the plastic.

Not trying to insult anyone here but if you look at the diagram you will see that these are not really switches like maybe you think. They are merely low voltage/amperage switches that turn on relays, which in turn do the work. You can't really wire anything to the panel (save for an LED bulb or something like that). Not sure what you all are trying to wire up but I thought I'd throw this out there. :D

Not trying to insult anyone here but if you look at the diagram you will see that these are not really switches like maybe you think. They are merely low voltage/amperage switches that turn on relays, which in turn do the work. You can't really wire anything to the panel (save for an LED bulb or something like that). Not sure what you all are trying to wire up but I thought I'd throw this out there. :D

So i will tell you that I am inept at electrical anything. How would one get an LED light bar or back up lights to work using these Aux switches? Find the right spot, install a relay, and wire everything from there?

Tbarn - I hear you on that. I was under the assumption that wires were behind the instrument panel (having never taken one off in my life), or that they could be run there to work with a switch/button of some sort.

Are you thinking we won't be able to simply use the instrument panel to mount the switch/button that will operate whatever is wired up to it? After seeing the circuit board in this thread, I think we all realize there's no wiring to be had directly TO it. I just don't know what space looks like once you get the bezel off the front.

You can use the switches, but not directly. Power for accessories needs to come from the relay feed that the switch turns on, at the ip fuse block. Whether or not the relays are there ( in the underhood fuseblock ) on any given truck is anybody's guess. Also they might not be physical relays like you maybe accustomed to seeing but electronic relays known as PCB relays. It would take research, diagnostics,the wiring diagram, multimeter, knowledge and an afternoon. I have no use for them so its up to someone who really wants to use them.

Edited by tbarn
  • Like 1