Need "Multifunction Switch Instrument Panel" Diagram

The circuit board pictured above plugs into a wire that runs to the fuse box. If using the "4 upfitter switches" you would simply pull out your current "multifunction switch instument panel" as a complete unit and replace with the "upfitter" one. Then your lights or anything for that matter would run off the 4 upfitter relays in the fuse box. My problem is I dont want to use the four upfitter switches they sell as a complete unit.

I still want my adjustable peadals, TC off, dome light, park assist off and Hill descent control bottons but ideally add two AUX switches in between because the toggle assembly will hold seven toggles in total if they are all the thin bottons. The problem seems to be I can only buy one or the other, not combine things togeather like I am describing.

More pictures coming.

Well, I don't want to hijack your thread, but, I took a look under my fuse box cover and lo and behold I have the spots for fuses for upfitter switches, but I couldn't seem to find a spot for the relays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to be ignorant here, but what does this mean? You just need to put fuses in and replace the panel with the one that has the switches? Or is it a lot more complicated?

Need to put in fuses and relays, not too big of a deal. The problem (in my case) is that I want to add two AUX switches in with my existing 5 already in the truck. It appears you can only order the four AUX (upfitter) switches as a complete unit, not add them in with what you already have. In my truck that is a problem because its an LTZ with a boat load of options already controlled from that switch bank. It's almost like GM assumes you'd only want upfitter switches in a work or lower trim level truck where only two of the toggles are already in use.

Edited by colton_m

First the bad news, then the other bad news. I checked on my truck ( double cab LT 5.3). The underhood fuse block cover shows location for upfitter relays and fuses. the catch is that there are no terminals at those locations. So long story short, you can't install the factory switch and have it work.

Yes you could hard wire then yourself to turn relays on. Wiring the switches directly won't work because they won't carry any amount of useable current.

First the bad news, then the other bad news. I checked on my truck ( double cab LT 5.3). The underhood fuse block cover shows location for upfitter relays and fuses. the catch is that there are no terminals at those locations. So long story short, you can't install the factory switch and have it work.

Just checked this, turns out I am also screwed (crew cab LTZ 6.2) Found the location no problem but no terminals...

I'm thinking I might go a different route to get this done. I found the VIN for a 2015 HD Duramax, this dealer also had good pics of the interior and the switches in that truck are like this:

1. Adjustable Pedals

2. Traction Control Off

3. Box LED lights

4. Park Assist Off

5. Lane Departure Warning

6. Hill Descent Control

7. Exhaust Brake

Since my 2014 truck has all of these options except Lane Departure Warning and an Exhaust Brake I am thinking I could search the part number using that trucks VIN and order its switch bank. It would control all my current options but I could use the signal wires from the LDW and Exhaust Brake to activate the relays that are already on my light bar and backup lights. Getting really fancy it stands to reason you could buy both the switch bank from that 2015 truck and the "upfitter" switches. Then it would be possible to replace the plastic toggles with the LDW and Brake symbols with AUX1 and AUX2 from the upfitter package. Otherwise pressing LDW or Exhaust Brake would turn on lights... seems kind of stupid to me, but it's begining to look like the only way to get exactly what I want. Need to order all these different things and frankenstein them togeather lol.

Taking it to another extreme I suppose I could also order the fuse panel from that 2015 truck because it should have the terminals for the upfitter relays... Along with everything else since it's fully loaded. Now we are probobly getting expencive!

Edited by colton_m

I was able to get a part number for the switches out of a 2015 that has seven toggles. I am going to order those and the "upfitter switches". I was also able to remove the individual switches and chrome seperator bits out of my current switch bank, it took a lot of effort but it is possible haha. So long story short I am going to steal the AUX1 and AUX2 toggles out of the upfitter unit and pop them into the unit from the 2015 in the Lane Departure and Exhaust Brake locations and then wire my light relays off of there. I'll get some pics up as soon as possible but I probobly wont have time until mid July. Apparently the switches are at least 10-12 business days away.

For anyone interested I did some research and there are 30 unique switch banks you can order, here's the list with the detais I know for certain:

23145158 (TC / Dome Light / Blank / AUX1 / AUX2 / AUX3 / AUX4)
23145162 (Pedals / TC / Dome Light / Park Assist / HDC)
23145202 (Pedals / TC / Dome Light / Park Assist / LDW / HDC / Exhaust Brake)

• Like 1

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone with "Lane Departure Warning" on their truck could check something for me?

I need to know if the orange light on the LDW toggle switch comes on automatically when you start up the truck?

The park assist toggle switch lights up orange automatically, I need to know if LDW comes on automatically aswell?

Thanks!