2015 towing mirrors

Does anyone know a part number for the mirrors without power fold or blinkers? I just want the ones that have power mirrors and heated function.

Are you looking for the old style mirrors? The new build ones are ambers on the front, cargo lights, signals in the glass, power and heated. LTZ gets power fold. Old style mirrors (the carryovers that were used at launch) are power, heated and signals in glass. GM doesn't have a factory power and heat tow mirror without signals.

Has anyone with a 2015 non-avf (early build) that has applied the new kit mirrors and gotten the BCM flash confirmed the cargo/LED mirrors remain on in reverse AFTER the flash? (AVF -- 2015i) trucks have this behavior from the factory.

Thanks.

Mirrors are in I am programming today will update.

Are you looking for the old style mirrors? The new build ones are ambers on the front, cargo lights, signals in the glass, power and heated. LTZ gets power fold. Old style mirrors (the carryovers that were used at launch) are power, heated and signals in glass. GM doesn't have a factory power and heat tow mirror without signals.

i just want mirrors that are similar in function to what I have now. Power mirror and heated. I dont know what they offer that is similar so thats what I was asking. I dont need or want all the other nonsense that requires a harness or BCM flash.

i just want mirrors that are similar in function to what I have now. Power mirror and heated. I dont know what they offer that is similar so thats what I was asking. I dont need or want all the other nonsense that requires a harness or BCM flash.

You can get either style mirror and just not buy the door harnesses. The new ones are cheaper in the kit than the old ones (which are sold individually) and should plug into the existing harnesses. Heat and power glass should work but no lights.

For a 2014+, 22820397 and 22820398.

I just bought these off a GM user for my Sierra. Straight up bolt on (after drilling 4th hole), plugged in and they worked. Signal is in the glass, but doesn't work. No flash, etc. required. Power glass and heated works, which was all I wanted.

Has anyone with a 2015 non-avf (early build) that has applied the new kit mirrors and gotten the BCM flash confirmed the cargo/LED mirrors remain on in reverse AFTER the flash? (AVF -- 2015i) trucks have this behavior from the factory.

Thanks.

So. If you have a non-AVF with DPN mirrors, GM does not support any programming going to the new DPN mirrors. Quote "the kits are really intended for DL8 and DL3 trucks, we and engineering weren't expecting calls on DPN to DPN." If you have DL8 or DL3 with out AVF, yes the programming will update you to cargo lights in park, reverse and neutral. If you are with out AVF and have DPN, you are SOL (like I am right now) at the moment.

So. If you have a non-AVF with DPN mirrors, GM does not support any programming going to the new DPN mirrors. Quote "the kits are really intended for DL8 and DL3 trucks, we and engineering weren't expecting calls on DPN to DPN." If you have DL8 or DL3 with out AVF, yes the programming will update you to cargo lights in park, reverse and neutral. If you are with out AVF and have DPN, you are SOL (like I am right now) at the moment.

That's not good. This was done getting a VCI using the auth # with the kit? The original bulletin in SI for the kit specified "DQS is also an available upgrade" (which is actually what I ended up doing, though I used the new harnesses, adapter, etc.) though I don't see that in the latest. I haven't gotten anywhere useful with TCSC - they haven't confirmed what the BCM programming actually does, only that an auth number is needed - I've used every channel I can think of and nobody will do a VCI without the auth number. I've been tempted to buy the kit just to get the number then sell the mirrors themselves to someone who doesn't need the auth number. I'm skeptical that the cargo lights would be fixed with the kit's BCM update, even for DL8 / DL3. I went all the way to engineering and brand management was told engineering fought legal hard on getting the functionality for the AVF trucks and they finally caved only if a message was displayed on the DIC at all times when the lights were on. I was told the only way to get this to work would be to have the calibration updated from version 6 (early launch) to version 7 ("AVF") for the BCM. They won't do that, of course. Then the kit was released and I've yet to hear of anyone with any previous mirror on a non-AVF truck having the cargos work properly afterwards.

It may be something we have to keep pushing for. I feel it's just an oversight on the Accessories division... but I haven't been able to get anyone in any kind of position that could do something about it. Maybe you'll have better luck? It's such a simple thing... not asking to change shift patterns, gear ratios or DRL functionality.... just to port a change that's already on the vehicles. :) I don't see any reason why this couldn't apply to early launch DPN mirrors. Certainly, DL3 and DL8 mirrors didn't have the cargo functionality either.

That's not good. This was done getting a VCI using the auth # with the kit? The original bulletin in SI for the kit specified "DQS is also an available upgrade" (which is actually what I ended up doing, though I used the new harnesses, adapter, etc.) though I don't see that in the latest. I haven't gotten anywhere useful with TCSC - they haven't confirmed what the BCM programming actually does, only that an auth number is needed - I've used every channel I can think of and nobody will do a VCI without the auth number. I've been tempted to buy the kit just to get the number then sell the mirrors themselves to someone who doesn't need the auth number. I'm skeptical that the cargo lights would be fixed with the kit's BCM update, even for DL8 / DL3. I went all the way to engineering and brand management was told engineering fought legal hard on getting the functionality for the AVF trucks and they finally caved only if a message was displayed on the DIC at all times when the lights were on. I was told the only way to get this to work would be to have the calibration updated from version 6 (early launch) to version 7 ("AVF") for the BCM. They won't do that, of course. Then the kit was released and I've yet to hear of anyone with any previous mirror on a non-AVF truck having the cargos work properly afterwards.

It may be something we have to keep pushing for. I feel it's just an oversight on the Accessories division... but I haven't been able to get anyone in any kind of position that could do something about it. Maybe you'll have better luck? It's such a simple thing... not asking to change shift patterns, gear ratios or DRL functionality.... just to port a change that's already on the vehicles. :) I don't see any reason why this couldn't apply to early launch DPN mirrors. Certainly, DL3 and DL8 mirrors didn't have the cargo functionality either.

Partech was who I called. I went from DPN w/o AVF and put the black mirror kit. I called TCSC with the auth # and the first guy had no clue. Second person said "you have DPN there is no update." Called Partech today and the guy I talked to said the programming gets them to function like an AVF truck that had the DPN as factory equipment. DL3 and DL8 are supported nothing for early DPN trucks. He said he gets atleast one or two calls a day about it and they call engineering and put cases in for the complaint. So far engineering has yet to make a move.

I have been watching this thread for a while. I decided to pull the trigger, and ordered the trailer mirror kit with the door harnesses. I have an appointment this Friday for the dealer to install them. I cant wait to finally have these mirrors installed. From what I can tell my truck should be a AVF truck, the tag on my door sill says 11/14, but I don't see AVF code on the glove comp. door? I am hoping for full functionality... we will see

I have been watching this thread for a while. I decided to pull the trigger, and ordered the trailer mirror kit with the door harnesses. I have an appointment this Friday for the dealer to install them. I cant wait to finally have these mirrors installed. From what I can tell my truck should be a AVF truck, the tag on my door sill says 11/14, but I don't see AVF code on the glove comp. door? I am hoping for full functionality... we will see

Do you have a 1500 or an HD? What model year?

I have a 2015 model year 1500. Like is said the sticker on the drivers door sill says Nov 2014

AVF only applies to the HD trucks. 2015 1/2 ton trucks no need for the jumper harness.

So if I'm understanding all this if my truck has the DL8 or DL3 code I'm good to go on these tow mirrors with the jumper cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a 2014? You would need the jumper harness. All trucks need door harnesses.