2015 towing mirrors

I've just installed the gm non power folding tow mirrors on my slot which came with power fold small mirrors. I don't care about power fold and got them cheap. Everything works but the cargo side leds. With no modifications at all plug in and use. As long as those two leds aren't a deal breaker for you everything else including the turn signals work flawlessly. My dealer came down to $440 for the chrome 2015 non power fold and I bout the so called required harnesses and was going to reprogram but I think I'll return them and save the 100 on reprogram as well. Just depends on your personal analness I guess.

• Like 1

I've just installed the gm non power folding tow mirrors on my slot which came with power fold small mirrors. I don't care about power fold and got them cheap. Everything works but the cargo side leds. With no modifications at all plug in and use. As long as those two leds aren't a deal breaker for you everything else including the turn signals work flawlessly. My dealer came down to $440 for the chrome 2015 non power fold and I bout the so called required harnesses and was going to reprogram but I think I'll return them and save the 100 on reprogram as well. Just depends on your personal analness I guess.

$440. Where is your dealer? Lol. Also what mirrors did you have on before swapping to these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do your amber lights on the outside stay on permanently as running lights?

Also, if you purchased the accessory set from GM (black 23372182 or chrome 23372181) then it comes with BCM programming with the kit. But to do that properly you need to swap out the door harnesses which is at least 3 hours of labor from your dealer or several hours doing it yourself.

Edited by JRaschke11

I read through this entire thread and "think" I understand what is involved in swapping the mirrors on my truck, but wanted to ask a few questions just to be sure.

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 double cab (LT/Z71) with power adjust/heated mirrors.

1. Has anyone successfully installed power folding mirrors on a truck that didn't originally have them? I see that lots of people who had the folding option did the swap, but what about people who only had power adjust and heat? I know I would need to get the switch, but that's ok.
  2. Assuming I can install the power folding mirrors by adding the switch and tapping into a power source for the folding option, will the other harnesses work to enable the other features such as turn signals and marker lights? I don't have seat memory, so I am not worried about that.
  3. If power folding mirror is completely out of the question, I may go with the manual folding kit. If I get the full kit and the three harnesses, I assume I can get all of the features to work properly. Is there anything that I should be aware of feature wise?
  4. Last question - looking at the chart that tells you which harnesses to order, I'm not sure the differences in the body styles listed. I have the DL8 mirror, but I'm not sure what the difference between the 03 and the 43, 53 body styles are.

Sorry for all of the questions. After reading this entire thread straight through, I wasn't clear on exactly what I can and can't do.

Nick

I read through this entire thread and "think" I understand what is involved in swapping the mirrors on my truck, but wanted to ask a few questions just to be sure.

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 double cab (LT/Z71) with power adjust/heated mirrors.

1. Has anyone successfully installed power folding mirrors on a truck that didn't originally have them? I see that lots of people who had the folding option did the swap, but what about people who only had power adjust and heat? I know I would need to get the switch, but that's ok.
  2. Assuming I can install the power folding mirrors by adding the switch and tapping into a power source for the folding option, will the other harnesses work to enable the other features such as turn signals and marker lights? I don't have seat memory, so I am not worried about that.
  3. If power folding mirror is completely out of the question, I may go with the manual folding kit. If I get the full kit and the three harnesses, I assume I can get all of the features to work properly. Is there anything that I should be aware of feature wise?
  4. Last question - looking at the chart that tells you which harnesses to order, I'm not sure the differences in the body styles listed. I have the DL8 mirror, but I'm not sure what the difference between the 03 and the 43, 53 body styles are.

Sorry for all of the questions. After reading this entire thread straight through, I wasn't clear on exactly what I can and can't do.

Nick

The attached photo chart lists out the body styles more specifically.

The attached PDF documents what can and can't be done.

From what I have read, people are saying you can order the power folding mirrors and purchase switches as well to get the power folding option. I'm not positive but that is what I think from reading every thread on it. That will be over $1000 easy. If you aren't partial about power folding, the better option would be the official GM accessory detailed in the PDF.

You can get the non-powerfolding chrome mirrors for $560 shipped from ShopChevyParts or the all black ones even cheaper from other sources. That comes with two mirrors and authorization for the dealer to flash your BCM if you need it. (this chart says you do - 2014 LD, 53 cab, DL8 mirrors).

You still need to purchase the three harnesses (two door harnesses and the RZY harness since you have a 2014) and that will get you manual extend, manual fold, power adjust, heated glass, turn signals, amber running lamp, and white LED cargo lamp (it's not a reverse lamp like some think, it comes on with the cargo lamp button manually).

In regards to the BCM flash, plenty of guys have said they didn't need it for one reason or another, so there is really no telling if you do or don't for sure. GM wants to say you do need it but who knows. At least the official accessory kit comes with authorization for a flash where buying the power folding mirrors separately doesn't.

I hope I helped, that's all I can answer.

Accessory Camper Mirror Overview-19JUN2015.pdf

post-141141-0-49842300-1453249451_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the info! That was a huge help. I guess I really don't know how often I would really fold them, so I am not sure it is worth twice the price. Plus I prefer the black.

I would have to get the three harnesses which aren't cheap, but they really are a nice set of mirrors.

Now if I could just figure out how to integrate heated seats using the factory style switches ;^).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I just spent an hour at my local dealership submitting a custom order for a 2016 LTZ Z71 1500 crew cab

One specific item I wanted was the trailer mirrors. On the Chevy website builder, it allowed me to select the chrome trailer mirrors. When they were submitting the order in their system it wouldn't allow them to choose those mirrors. So I had them place the order as is with the plan to buy the accessory for the trailer mirrors.

According to the GM accessories website, the part number is 23372181. Can anyone confirm if these mirrors are power folding or not? If they aren't, they won't work for me.

Being a LTZ, the stock mirrors are power folding.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I just spent an hour at my local dealership submitting a custom order for a 2016 LTZ Z71 1500 crew cab

One specific item I wanted was the trailer mirrors. On the Chevy website builder, it allowed me to select the chrome trailer mirrors. When they were submitting the order in their system it wouldn't allow them to choose those mirrors. So I had them place the order as is with the plan to buy the accessory for the trailer mirrors.

According to the GM accessories website, the part number is 23372181. Can anyone confirm if these mirrors are power folding or not? If they aren't, they won't work for me.

Being a LTZ, the stock mirrors are power folding.

The GM accessory kit is NOT power folding. You have to actually purchase two replacement mirrors from the parts counter.

The good news is that with 2x mirrors and 2x door harnesses, it's just a plug and play install. It's 3-4 hours labor if the dealership installs them.

Edited by JRaschke11

The GM accessory kit is NOT power folding. You have to actually purchase two replacement mirrors from the parts counter.

The good news is that with 2x mirrors and 2x door harnesses, it's just a plug and play install. It's 3-4 hours labor if the dealership installs them.

Hey thanks for the response! it's good that there is a way to get the power folding ones.

Do you happen to know what part numbers those might be? (hopefully they aren't different for the 2016s)

Also, if I do go that route will everything on the mirrors work properly or are there any recodes that have to happen?

Fortunately, I know one of the shop managers at the dealer So i'm going to talk to him about it too and see if they will be willing to get the mirrors and have them installed before I pick up the truck.