2015 towing mirrors

Hi,

Fairly new to these forums, but have been trying to read up on what I need to do to get my 2015 (I believe MY15i) LT Z71 5.3L Crew Cab from the factory installed DL8 mirrors to the DQS mirrors. Could anyone confirm that I need the following mirrors, harnesses and switches?

23241465 - LH outside mirror with power fold (superseded from 22960565)

23241467 - RH outside mirror with power fold (superseded from 22960566)

23171564 - Driver's Door Harness (to get power fold from DL3 to work on my DL8 truck)

23171567 - Passenger's Door Harness (to get power fold from DL3 to work on my DL8 truck)

23488411 - Driver's Mirror switch

I have a feeling that I'm going to require the Passenger's Window switch to allow the power fold to work - can anyone give me that part number, if so?

And then, will the dealer apply the software update to make the power fold work?

And, will they install the software update even if I manage to find all these parts used, and install them myself?

Ok. Update...

I ended up finding a great deal, I hope. I found the Non-Powerfold, chrome (23372181) mirrors and harnesses (23387133, 23171567, and 23171564) for a price I couldn't resist.

I have them all but the 23387133 (because from what I read, I don't need it) harness installed and everything works, but the LH power adjust does not go left and right, but only up and down. The RH has no response to power adjust, nothing works, but the lights work.

Now, my question is, does this power adjust not work because I have the harnesses for a truck that is to have the memory function, where mine does not, or does the adjust not work because I need a new mirror switch and passenger window switch, or because I need the BCM flash?

All the lighting works, as far as I know. The only questions I have about lighting would be:

Is the cargo light supposed to be off and the LED mirror lights on when the truck goes in reverse, with the cargo light switch on?

And, are the LED mirror lights supposed to turn on whenever the truck is in reverse, or just when the cargo light switch is on?

Please, and thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My 2015 SLT A/T came with DL3 mirrors (with powerfold) from the factory. I bought a set of used powerfold tow mirrors, and installed them along with new harnesses according to the GM chart (harness #'s 23171564 and 23171567). Everything works like it should except for the LED reverse lights in the mirrors. Can anyone help me or tell me why they aren't working? Chart also states I don't need a BCM reprogram so I don't think that is the issue? Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to purchase and install the tow mirrors on mine, as well. But, personally, I'll get the all-black mirrors, then sand/prime them, then paint them the silver ice paint code color. Black and silver go great together, but I'm trying to silver up as much as I can. Wish my bumpers were silver, too.

Are most people still using Oempartsdirectinc.com for the tow mirrors? At $1029 a set want to know if there is a cheaper option since the website states they will work as plug n play on my 2015 SLT all terrain.

That's the price for the chrome accent ones the black one are part number 23372182 $522.66. These are what I have order i figued i would paint the caps, so you are correct chrome is more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Should of got them here then for $468 shipped.

Should of got them here then for $468 shipped.

thats a good price. Wish I could of had this info two day ago. Got to check to see if mine shipped yet if not I am going to cancel and order from them.

Edited by wildhunter

thats a good price. Wish I could of had this info two day ago. Got to check to see if mine shipped yet if not I am going to cancel and order from them.

If you end up ordering, do not pay through Paypal unless you are home to sign for the package. They require in person signature to receive them.

If you end up ordering, do not pay through Paypal unless you are home to sign for the package. They require in person signature to receive them.

Got it cancelled waiting on funds to be return. Thanks for your help. Ain't nothing like saving money for more mods.[emoji106]

Had my dealer in CT install them last Wednesday, $900 in parts whoch were the chrome cap mirrors with two harness'. Labor was $500 but after an issue occuring while i was there i cas given back the $500 and will be comp'd half the labor. The ambers are running lights, turn signals in the glass, cargo led's when switched on, headed and power adjustable lens and manual extending and powerfolding. They are great and for the price reguardless of the issue i wanted them. Trucka alos 6" BDS with Toyo Open Country MT's on Stock 20" rims.