2015 towing mirrors

Just completed the mirror swap with success and thought I'd post my results. Like everybody else I had a difficult time finding the right part numbers. For me the best thing I did was go to my dealer and I located a truck on the lot that had the power fold tow mirrors that I wanted. I grabbed the VIN off that truck and had the dealer's parts department search the VIN and give me the replacement part numbers for the mirrors and harnesses. If this is not an option to go to the dealer and locate the truck with the option you want, then maybe you can find the truck on autotrader or something and grab the VIN from there.

Truck: 2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71 Duramax Diesel

Part Numbers of Mirrors & Harnesses I bought:

Driver Mirror - 23351794 (Power Fold, Turn Signal, Chrome)

Passenger Mirror - 23351798 (Power Fold, Turn Signal, Chrome)

Driver Harness - 23342727

Passenger Harness - 23342716

Purchased all the parts from iamgmparts.com for about $940. They wanted to charge about $150 for shipping but I called and complained and they gave me free shipping. Dealer also wanted to charge $950 for labor but I knew I could get them done faster and also I'm a cheapo.

My Truck had the small chrome, power fold mirrors already and I wanted to keep the same options especially the power fold. Install took about 1.5 hours on the passenger's side and the driver's side took about 45 minutes after learning from the opposite side. The best investment I made was purchasing a nylon pry bar set from harbor freight to help remove the door panels without scratching the paint. I watched a few youtube videos on how to remove the door panel which was pretty easy. The harnesses were accessed by lifting the plastic shield protecting the inside of the door panel. The harnesses weren't that difficult to replace just a little time in removing the clips that hold them in place and un-doing the plugs. If you have the new harnesses, use them to see how the plugs unhook and it should make the process easier. All options on the new mirrors work as should from the factory: Power Fold, Turn Signals, Amber Lights, Cargo Lamps, Memory

One last thing: The dealer has accessories that you can purchase for your truck. The two accessory options they have for the tow mirrors come in sets (One Black Set & One Chrome Set). These accessory bundles don't have the power fold, memory and extra features. If you want all the extra features you have to purchase the mirrors and harnesses independently. Good Luck!

Before -

After -

Did iamgmparts tell you the mirrors you ordered are not returnable because they don't match your vin number? The guy Sam from there has not been very accomodating. Anyone find these things shipped for cheaper?

Quick question. I was at my local dealer today and was asking about tow mirrors for my 2016. They said the GM now has a kit for our trucks. $625 parts and $925 installed. Just don't have power folding. Anyone else have these or heard about this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is correct. GM makes a kit (non power fold) available. Not sure if anything has change for the 16/17 but I do know 14/15 has to have new harnesses as well to make everything work correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. GM makes a kit (non power fold) available. Not sure if anything has change for the 16/17 but I do know 14/15 has to have new harnesses as well to make everything work correctly.

Yea I was told the 16 kit has the harness as well in the kit. My question is has anyone done this with the GM kit and do the mirrors have the LED backup lights in them?

Edited by martinmanning1954

Yea I was told the 16 kit has the harness as well in the kit. My question is has anyone done this with the GM kit and do the mirrors have the LED backup lights in them?

I'm pretty sure they have everything except power fold. I'll search more as other have done the kit.

Seems like these "kits" are geared towards LT/SLE and lower owners that do not have power fold. I wish I had more info on the connector differences between the power fold Tow Mirrors and non-power fold. I'm almost fairly certain I can get a customized harness going for LT/SLE owners that want tow mirrors with all the functionality of power fold, turn signals, cargo lamp, and running lamps.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 2

Yes my truck is 2016 CC LT z71. I would love to have tow mirrors and this kit makes it possible but added bonus would be power fold but I'm sure those mirrors are more than this kit.

Yes I got tow mirrors and harnesses new from GM parts online. It totaled almost $1100

• Like 1

Yes I got tow mirrors and harnesses new from GM parts online. It totaled almost $1100

You have an SLT with Seat Memory though right? I would be curious to know (once you get these) if they are power fold or not.

For us LT/SLE (and lower), the kits and options being provisioned for the LTZ/SLT and higher won't work due to the content differences in the harness.

Does anyone with an LT/SLE (or lower) have upgraded to tow mirrors? If so, what are the specifics of the mirror capabilities? Even if it's manual fold, I would love to get more information on the connector. Specific pinout details.

You have an SLT with Seat Memory though right? I would be curious to know (once you get these) if they are power fold or not.

For us LT/SLE (and lower), the kits and options being provisioned for the LTZ/SLT and higher won't work due to the content differences in the harness.

Does anyone with an LT/SLE (or lower) have upgraded to tow mirrors? If so, what are the specifics of the mirror capabilities? Even if it's manual fold, I would love to get more information on the connector. Specific pinout details.

Yes, I have an SLT with seat memory. I did not buy the "KIT". I got power fold and they have to be bought individually. You cannot get power fold in a kit. From my research you can but these and the harnesses and everything will work like it's suppose to including memory seats.

Edited by 15GMCSLT
  • Like 1

Yes, I have an SLT with seat memory. I did not but the "KIT". I got power fold and they have to be bought individually. You cannot get power fold in a kit. From my research you can but these and the harnesses and everything will work like it's suppose to including memory seats.

Did you install it already? By any chance, would you be able to share connector pinout photos of the mirror? Trying to see what all pins are loaded on these mirrors.

Did you install it already? By any chance, would you be able to share connector pinout photos of the mirror? Trying to see what all pins are loaded on these mirrors.

I haven't received them yet. I have received the harnesses though. As soon as I get them I'll share any picture you need.

• Like 1

I haven't received them yet. I have received the harnesses though. As soon as I get them I'll share any picture you need.

Thanks for the help! Sent you a PM of what I am looking for.

Well I got the mirrors installed and the harness on the passenger side is installed but the lights are not working as they should the amber lights come on as puddle lights. I'm waiting for the driver side harness to show up I have a feeling that the harness I bought for the passenger side maybe wrong.

Does anybody have the pin out for the door harness I'm pretty sure you can just swap a pin in if you have power fold mirrors and want towing mirrors with lights.

Well I got the mirrors installed and the harness on the passenger side is installed but the lights are not working as they should the amber lights come on as puddle lights. I'm waiting for the driver side harness to show up I have a feeling that the harness I bought for the passenger side maybe wrong.

Does anybody have the pin out for the door harness I'm pretty sure you can just swap a pin in if you have power fold mirrors and want towing mirrors with lights.

What are the details of your truck? I see 2017 in your profile. What trim and size?

Also, if you can take a take a picture of this connector, I should be able to help.

2c6f86d9d1e727e2698f0c49ab6dc9b3.png

d3bff63a063b50b3649df71e3f02635a.png

If you can tell me what slots are loaded, that's helps too.