2015 towing mirrors

So I've been following this thread for over a year. The wealth of knowledge here is tremendous. My truck is a very early '15 GMC SLT 2500HD. DOM 3/14. I have DL3, AY0, and A45 RPO codes. I don't use the memory seat function since I'm the only driver. The seat is set and doesn't move when I enter or exit the vehicle. What is the need for the camper harness and are the charts above still accurate when it comes to the early trucks such as mine? Thanks!

Hey there. There is definitely a lot to consume here with this upgrade. Based on the two very distinct differences between the higher trims LTZ/High Country & SLT Denali versus the lower LT/SLE trims, it is very hard to follower for sure.

I can try to help as much as possible. If you are able to provide me with a photo of the connector removed in the door hinge. I can try to Guide you in the right direction. Did you already purchase any mirrors?

1723e76de610eadf06117e473a3092f9.jpg

If you can get me a shot of the body side of the connector, this will help me understand what your needs will be. I'll be happy to build you a custom harness that will be backed by a $ back guarantee (minus shipping costs), if it doesn't work.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey there. There is definitely a lot to consume here with this upgrade. Based on the two very distinct differences between the higher trims LTZ/High Country & SLT Denali versus the lower LT/SLE trims, it is very hard to follower for sure.

I can try to help as much as possible. If you are able to provide me with a photo of the connector removed in the door hinge. I can try to Guide you in the right direction. Did you already purchase any mirrors?

1723e76de610eadf06117e473a3092f9.jpg

If you can get me a shot of the body side of the connector, this will help me understand what your needs will be. I'll be happy to build you a custom harness that will be backed by a $ back guarantee (minus shipping costs), if it doesn't work.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks!

Thanks so much! I haven't bought the mirrors yet as I'm still confused as to what functionality I will have if I make the change. If I don't get power folding and everything but puddle lights I'm probably not going to do it. Power folding is a must have feature for me.

• Like 1

Thanks so much! I haven't bought the mirrors yet as I'm still confused as to what functionality I will have if I make the change. If I don't get power folding and everything but puddle lights I'm probably not going to do it. Power folding is a must have feature for me.

I've helped a handful of folks on the higher trim levels and from my experience, Power Folding and Seat Memory Functions have been retained.

I am currently helping another member that is a 2015 HD model and will have results soon.

For those upgrading to Towing Mirrors, I will say that there is a GM Supported upgrade for this to happen. I haven't figured out yet what the BCM/Memory Module Calibrations actually do as they haven't been required on those I've helped even though Retrofit Compatibility Chart said they were needed. And since there is confusion between the requirements of the higher and lower trim models, the calibration requirement is speculation at this point, at least from my perspective, since we have been successfully upgrading mirrors for several members now, without needing calibrations.

My advice to you - If you are able to get some mirrors, check on the ability to return them if you change your mind or they don't work out. I'll gladly help you out with a custom harness with a $ back guarantee... if you don't get the desired result.

If there is indeed a BCM and/or Memory Module calibration required, this is ONLY achievable by going the GM Supported route. Please check with your local dealer for the requirements, as for what I've read, authorization #s and/or serial #s that are needed for the calibration are found on the "mirror kits" you get from the dealer.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I've helped a handful of folks on the higher trim levels and from my experience, Power Folding and Seat Memory Functions have been retained.

I am currently helping another member that is a 2015 HD model and will have results soon.

For those upgrading to Towing Mirrors, I will say that there is a GM Supported upgrade for this to happen. I haven't figured out yet what the BCM/Memory Module Calibrations actually do as they haven't been required on those I've helped even though Retrofit Compatibility Chart said they were needed. And since there is confusion between the requirements of the higher and lower trim models, the calibration requirement is speculation at this point, at least from my perspective, since we have been successfully upgrading mirrors for several members now, without needing calibrations.

My advice to you - If you are able to get some mirrors, check on the ability to return them if you change your mind or they don't work out. I'll gladly help you out with a custom harness with a $ back guarantee... if you don't get the desired result.

If there is indeed a BCM and/or Memory Module calibration required, this is ONLY achievable by going the GM Supported route. Please check with your local dealer for the requirements, as for what I've read, authorization #s and/or serial #s that are needed for the calibration are found on the "mirror kits" you get from the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. There have been so many P/Ns thrown around over the course of the year I need to figure out which ones are the ones I need and the best source to get them.

• Like 3

I am sure this has been answered 50 times, but I am a little slow. lol I have called 4 dealers and gotten 4 different answers. I have a 2016 Silverado LTZ Z71 and want the chrome power folding tow mirrors. The number the Dealer I got the truck from say mirror pn. 23372181 is the chrome power fold, the web disagrees. Does anyone have the correct number? They say I need harnesses 23342727, and 23342716. Do those seem correct? Thank for any help, sorry to ask this question that you have probably already answered before.

I just completed the DL3 to DQS mod on my brand new 2017 GMC Sierra Denali.

Like you I have the DL3 and A45 RPO codes.

The parts I used were:

Drivers door:

Harness - 23342727

Tow Mirror - 84041609

Passenger door:

Harness - 23342716

Tow Mirror - 84041611

According my my fleet manager & parts manager these are the "latest" parts

This should be exactly what you need.

Edited by Black Denali Canada

• 2 weeks later...

The parts I used were:

Drivers door:

Harness - 23342727

Tow Mirror - 84041609

Passenger door:

Harness - 23342716

Tow Mirror - 84041611

These updated part numbers are correct! Don't forget, for anyone upgrading to the OEM mirrors, you'll need two extra nuts for the 4th bolt you'll have to drill for. Part number 25601643

Glad they worked for you !! Let's see some pics !!

I did the upgrade back in December/January and still haven't gotten any updated pictures. I'm slacking!!

Well, since I just took a bunch of pics after the lift was put on last week, I'll throw one up.

These are the DQS mirrors that I swapped out the chrome covers for the black covers, no chrome for me.

IMG_4234.jpg

• Like 2

Totally agree, chrome is terrible, and obnoxious, and not in a good way. Just my opinion, no intention to insult chrome-lovers. My truck came with the all-chrome grill, took it off, got the Rally Edition grill put on. I'm pretty much done with mods on mine, but I am going to have my chrome bumpers vinyl wrapped in the silver ice metallic paint code color. If I could, I'd cover every bit of chrome left on my truck. Never liked it.

Well, since I just took a bunch of pics after the lift was put on last week, I'll throw one up.

These are the DQS mirrors that I swapped out the chrome covers for the black covers, no chrome for me.

IMG_4234.jpg

• Like 1

Totally agree, chrome is terrible, and obnoxious, and not in a good way. Just my opinion, no intention to insult chrome-lovers. My truck came with the all-chrome grill, took it off, got the Rally Edition grill put on. I'm pretty much done with mods on mine, but I am going to have my chrome bumpers vinyl wrapped in the silver ice metallic paint code color. If I could, I'd cover every bit of chrome left on my truck. Never liked it.

Gotta pic of the Rally Edition Grill? Im in the market for a new grille to replace my chrome one.

Gotta pic of the Rally Edition Grill? Im in the market for a new grille to replace my chrome one.

There's a pic of it in my sig, at the bottom of my posts, but here's a closer look at it. Mine is a 2015, so I've never looked into grill replacements on the 16 and 17, and you have a 16. But, the Rally Edition grill, is your paint scheme for the trim and black in the grill part. Absolutely love the way this looks on the truck, better than the chrome. You'll have to check, but from looking at pics of the 16 and 17 front ends, it looks like your grill and headlamp frames are all one piece - I could be wrong. They are separate on the 14-15 model. So, you'll need to look into that. If anything, just get your chrome vinyl wrapped. Detail guys are getting real good at that, and the material seems to hold up great in inclement weather, based on other vehicles I've seen with it. So, that's an option. But, if you can get a 16 grill by itself, just research the GM parts store or have your dealership help you find it. I think it was $280 and some change.

blackgrill.jpg

Edited by 15SilverSilverado
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Great thread - I just got a new/used 2016 Sierra All Terrain HD. Unfortunately it came with the small mirrors and I bought the truck for towing a 30' trailer.

Looking at my Codes it appears I have the A45 and DL3 Combo. I also have memory seats, memory exit, the mirrors are power fold, they have the flood light too.

Just looking for someone to confirm which mirrors I should be buying (Canadian) and that I don't have to drill holes to accommodate these? I do have power fold and have the truck bed lights (hopefully I have the mirror lights too as those things are awesome). I drove a '15 HD that had them once and loved having them.

I think i'd prefer to keep chrome on them - but not a deal breaker.

To repeat, I've got A45, DL3 and also AY0 (I saw someone above mention that one). The mirrors are currently power fold, power adjust, memory (memory seat) and my seat also does the easy exit memory. Not keen to drill holes in metal as I've never done something like that before.

Thanks everyone!

ddorhe.jpg

11gk0go.jpg

Edited by gigantapithicus

The parts I used were:

Drivers door:

Harness - 23342727

Tow Mirror - 84041609

Passenger door:

Harness - 23342716

Tow Mirror - 84041611

So this looks exactly what I'm looking for. Ummmm... I just realized I'm in the 1500 forum, would this all be applicable to the 2500?