2015 towing mirrors

Yes these are the power folding. I had the heated,power folding, dimming on the truck before but the little ones

Power Fold, Heat, Auto Dim, Seat Memory, Power Adjust, Turn Signal should all be retained. Now that you have Park Lamp wired in right, all is left is the Courtesy Lamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEM Tow mirrors don't have puddle lamps.

Power Fold, Heat, Auto Dim, Seat Memory, Power Adjust, Turn Signal should all be retained. Now that you have Park Lamp wired in right, all is left is the Courtesy Lamp.

• Like 1

OEM Tow mirrors don't have puddle lamps.

Oh yeah - That's right. Park Lamp takes it spot in the harness connector pin slot.

They also don't have auto dim on the OEM tow mirrors.

Forgot about Auto Dim too. It's a bummer because there are unused slots on the X510/X610 connector where they could have separated those circuits instead of sharing pin slots for the option. Imagine have a fully loaded X510/X610 connector and not sharing slots for optioned equipment. You could potentially have a Fully Loaded Tow Mirror with Auto Dim, Puddle Lamps, Courtesy Lamp, Park Lamp, Turn Signal, Power Fold, Power Adjust, and Heat...IF they made a mirror with all those options. The X500/X600 connector has all those features on their own dedicated slot.

Forgot about Auto Dim too. It's a bummer because there are unused slots on the X510/X610 connector where they could have separated those circuits instead of sharing pin slots for the option. Imagine have a fully loaded X510/X610 connector and not sharing slots for optioned equipment. You could potentially have a Fully Loaded Tow Mirror with Auto Dim, Puddle Lamps, Courtesy Lamp, Park Lamp, Turn Signal, Power Fold, Power Adjust, and Heat...IF they made a mirror with all those options. The X500/X600 connector has all those features on their own dedicated slot.

I agree. And that would be nice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone purchased Ebay Kits for 2016 Lt 1500 pick ups with original DL8 mirrors? I Would like black, power, heated and working clear and amber leds if possible. No need for power folding, It looks like If I go plain black (07-13 look) with no Leds it will plug right in with no extra harness, Is there a Ebay or amazon kit like this with the amber and cargo leds? This 29 pages is alot of info to process, but not many people mentioning aftermarket kits

• Like 1

Has anyone purchased Ebay Kits for 2016 Lt 1500 pick ups with original DL8 mirrors? I Would like black, power, heated and working clear and amber leds if possible. No need for power folding, It looks like If I go plain black (07-13 look) with no Leds it will plug right in with no extra harness, Is there a Ebay or amazon kit like this with the amber and cargo leds? This 29 pages is alot of info to process, but not many people mentioning aftermarket kits

I am working with two members here with this retrofit.

With 2016 trucks, it seems that 2016 1500 LT trims have the circuits already present in the door hinge connector that goes into the body side (for park lamps, cargo lamps, turn signal, puddle lamps. The problem will be the door harness that connects to the mirrors and door panel trim won't have the circuits for this operation.

I make a custom harness for a plug and play solution, however, verification needs to be made on your vehicle. For 2016 LT 1500, it should work if you get my custom harness.

Here is the door connector with the harness disconnected. This is what I would need to determine if it will work.

1d25f834c1bb98259410c746a11bc9b1.jpg

Edited by pgamboa

Wow this is a lot of information.

Seems like not many people have done this with 2017s yet, but I imagine it's not much different.

I just picked up a 2017 Denali 1500 with code DL3. Would like to upgrade to tow mirrors, but keep all functionality.

Looks like up to date part numbers for the mirrors are.... is this correct?

Left 84041609

Right 84041611

Also, do I know for sure what harness I will need by just knowing the year and model? Or do I need to pull it apart to see what is needed?

Wow this is a lot of information.

Seems like not many people have done this with 2017s yet, but I imagine it's not much different.

I just picked up a 2017 Denali 1500 with code DL3. Would like to upgrade to tow mirrors, but keep all functionality.

Looks like up to date part numbers for the mirrors are.... is this correct?

Left 84041609

Right 84041611

Also, do I know for sure what harness I will need by just knowing the year and model? Or do I need to pull it apart to see what is needed?

You should just be plug and play. No need for harness