2015 towing mirrors

Sorry, can't answer why or if true. Mine is s 9/14 built Flint MI truck with AVF.

PN may have changed or updated. These are the PNs I received for power fold:

Mirrors

Harnesses

post-144900-0-51278300-1468191892_thumb.jpg

I have them all but the 23387133 (because from what I read, I don't need it) harness installed and everything works, but the LH power adjust does not go left and right, but only up and down. The RH has no response to power adjust, nothing works, but the lights work.

I have the exact same issue with the power adjust. Have you determined a fix or what is causing this? I have the same harnesses (23171564, 23171567); what is the 23387133 harness?

Thanks,

John

Edited by schubee

Hey John,

I originally had the DL8 mirrors, manual folding and no turn signals. The harnesses that I was trying to use are the harnesses that are for a truck with the memory seat module, A45, and I don't have the memory seat module. I was hoping they would work still, and thought it was software because the documents say I need it. Turns out, because GM wouldn't give me any software, they said I didn't need it, eventually, I tried the correct harnesses for the truck without A45 memory seat module, and DL8 mirrors.

The part numbers are:

- 23171572 - Driver door harness ‎

- 23171566 - Passenger door harness

I think when I ordered them, these numbers have been updated. I haven't got them off hand, but if you need them, I could get them later tonight. Your dealer should be able to find the old numbers though.

The 23387133 harness wasn't needed in my case, but I have one. You'll be able to tell by the pins filled or not filled on the passenger door post. I don't know how much work it is to do, but I think it's running along the bottom of the dashboard, from side to side. Doesn't sound fun, anyway.

Thanks, Dutchess!

That makes sense now. I purchased the mirrors from a guy who owned a Silverado (I have a GMC). I remember him saying his had the memory seat module. I obtained the harness at the dealership after comparing his VIN to mine, we ordered the harnesses from his VIN.

Oh well, looks like I'll either purchase the harness you indicated and sell my current ones.

What a mess! LOL

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

John

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a set of power folding mirrors with harnesses for sale that I removed off my 2016 Sierra SLT if anyone is interested. Took them off after having for 1 month. Asking $500.

Sorry, can't answer why or if true. Mine is s 9/14 built Flint MI truck with AVF.

PN may have changed or updated. These are the PNs I received for power fold:

Mirrors

Harnesses

sorry but what truck bed cover is that and do you recommend it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called a Bakflip. I like it. Full access to bed if u need it and keeps things dry and fairy safe. Ine is a 4 fold and aluminum. No flapping like the fabric ones. Can fold over in half and stand on it.

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy shit, there is a ton of info in this topic. I'm curious to see if anyone has any concrete info on what I'm looking to do here. I've got a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Crewcab

I currently have the non powerfold mirrors (DL8 I believe) and want to swap them with powerfold trailering mirrors. I want the chrome tipped powerfold ones and I want them fully functioning. (ie. amber running lights, power folding, heat, etc.) I understand that I will have to buy both chrome powerfold mirrors (not as the kit but as replacements) and the wiring harness for each side. I assume I also have to buy a new "switch" that would control the folding/heating element (unless I'm missing something there).

My question is can I purchase everything from gmwholesaledirect or the like or do I need to buy direct from GM? Also, I would absolutely love the mirrors to tilt when I backup and fold in when I park/lock the vehicle. Does anyone know if this is possible without the memory seats?

Trying to put all this info together over the multiple years seems to be the challenge here. Looks like some years are easier than others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, there is a ton of info in this topic. I'm curious to see if anyone has any concrete info on what I'm looking to do here. I've got a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Crewcab

I currently have the non powerfold mirrors (DL8 I believe) and want to swap them with powerfold trailering mirrors. I want the chrome tipped powerfold ones and I want them fully functioning. (ie. amber running lights, power folding, heat, etc.) I understand that I will have to buy both chrome powerfold mirrors (not as the kit but as replacements) and the wiring harness for each side. I assume I also have to buy a new "switch" that would control the folding/heating element (unless I'm missing something there).

My question is can I purchase everything from gmwholesaledirect or the like or do I need to buy direct from GM? Also, I would absolutely love the mirrors to tilt when I backup and fold in when I park/lock the vehicle. Does anyone know if this is possible without the memory seats?

Trying to put all this info together over the multiple years seems to be the challenge here. Looks like some years are easier than others.

GM does not support non folding to folding mirrors, so you'd have to search the site here for DL8 to DL3 conversions. I don't think it is as simple as changing the switch either for the fold conversion...