2015 towing mirrors

GM does not support non folding to folding mirrors, so you'd have to search the site here for DL8 to DL3 conversions. I don't think it is as simple as changing the switch either for the fold conversion...

Well crap. Did a quick search and looks like it's gonna be a bit of work to get this done. It looks like the big challenge is the memory seats, somehow the mirrors connect with those.

Looks like a ton of work if I want to add them to fold. May just add them without the folding option for now.

• 1 month later...

Just completed the mirror swap with success and thought I'd post my results. Like everybody else I had a difficult time finding the right part numbers. For me the best thing I did was go to my dealer and I located a truck on the lot that had the power fold tow mirrors that I wanted. I grabbed the VIN off that truck and had the dealer's parts department search the VIN and give me the replacement part numbers for the mirrors and harnesses. If this is not an option to go to the dealer and locate the truck with the option you want, then maybe you can find the truck on autotrader or something and grab the VIN from there.

Truck: 2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71 Duramax Diesel

Part Numbers of Mirrors & Harnesses I bought:

Driver Mirror - 23351794 (Power Fold, Turn Signal, Chrome)

Passenger Mirror - 23351798 (Power Fold, Turn Signal, Chrome)

Driver Harness - 23342727

Passenger Harness - 23342716

Purchased all the parts from iamgmparts.com for about $940. They wanted to charge about $150 for shipping but I called and complained and they gave me free shipping. Dealer also wanted to charge $950 for labor but I knew I could get them done faster and also I'm a cheapo.

My Truck had the small chrome, power fold mirrors already and I wanted to keep the same options especially the power fold. Install took about 1.5 hours on the passenger's side and the driver's side took about 45 minutes after learning from the opposite side. The best investment I made was purchasing a nylon pry bar set from harbor freight to help remove the door panels without scratching the paint. I watched a few youtube videos on how to remove the door panel which was pretty easy. The harnesses were accessed by lifting the plastic shield protecting the inside of the door panel. The harnesses weren't that difficult to replace just a little time in removing the clips that hold them in place and un-doing the plugs. If you have the new harnesses, use them to see how the plugs unhook and it should make the process easier. All options on the new mirrors work as should from the factory: Power Fold, Turn Signals, Amber Lights, Cargo Lamps, Memory

One last thing: The dealer has accessories that you can purchase for your truck. The two accessory options they have for the tow mirrors come in sets (One Black Set & One Chrome Set). These accessory bundles don't have the power fold, memory and extra features. If you want all the extra features you have to purchase the mirrors and harnesses independently. Good Luck!

Before -

Before Tow Mirrors

After -

After Tow Mirrors

• Like 3

tmac0503 - I'm confused. Since your truck is a 2500, shouldn't it have come with those mirrors, by default?? I'm in the Chicago area, and every single 2500 truck I've seen, has the towing mirrors on them, including the ones in the lot at the dealer. Strange.

Edited by 15SilverSilverado

tmac0503 - I'm confused. Since your truck is a 2500, shouldn't it have come with those mirrors, by default?? I'm in the Chicago area, and every single 2500 truck I've seen, has the towing mirrors on them, including the ones in the lot at the dealer. Strange.

That depends on how they're ordered. Here in southeast GA it's a 50/50 shot on whether they have the tow mirrors on the 2500's and it's really rare to find a 1500 with tow mirrors on the lot.

Edited by JRL1164

That depends on how they're ordered. Here in southeast GA it's a 50/50 shot on whether they have the tow mirrors on the 2500's and it's really rare to find a 1500 with tow mirrors on the lot.

Indeed. I've never seen a 1500 with them. I initially thought about putting them on mine, but considering that I never haul or tow anything, it seems pointless. In addition, I go through a tollbooth often, and park in some rather tight spots, as well, etc. - would probably be too much of a hassle and pain to deal with. I work downtown Chicago (sucks) and parking at the train station every day, people park like idiots sometimes - I could see someone nicking mirrors like that, just getting out of their cars. It would look sweet, but not very practical, in my case.

Yeah, I asked my dealer the same thing. Half of the 2500's they had on their lot had the small mirrors. I told them whoever they had ordering their trucks needs to reconsider their job because whoever is buying that truck is definitely going to be towing. I got a good deal on the truck so it was worth installing the tow mirrors myself

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have looked numerous threads and posts and I don't know if nothing has ever been posted about this, or I missed it, but I have just power mirrors currently on my truck, no heat, signal etc. would anyone have the part number for tow mirrors like this? Or when I pull the trigger am I gonna have to swap out the harnesses no matter what? I really don't want to swap them out. Just want to plug and play tow mirrors for my setup (I want the new style) and if I need to wire in the cargo light and front marker I have no problem with that.

• 1 month later...

No, those are NOT the power folding mirrors. Those are the GM accessory kit. You have to actually order OEM replacement folding mirrors to get power folding.

Also, what a horrible price. They are trying to take you to the cleaner. You should be able to get those mirrors for under $600 shipped, and the harnesses for under $200 shipped. So a max of $800 for parts. Which means they are trying to take you for another $750+.

Where are you getting power folding mirrors for 600 shipped? I'm just now starting to price these out, and I'm coming up with about $800 in just mirrors on the low end without shipping.

Hey guys I am new to the site. I have a 2016 1500 Sierra crew cab SLE with power heated regular small mirrors

I am looking to get the trailer mirrors and have found a set off a 2016 2500 HD Denali that are chrome none power fold

Reading through all these posts it is hard not to get lost a bit in all of the information I am fairly tech savvy and want to know if someone can tell me if these will fit my truck ?

My understanding so far what I can tell is yes they will physically fit just have to drill out for the 4 th mounting hole

And I think that if I just plug them into the truck the power and heat will work on them but none of the lights

For the lights to work I will need to purchase the wiring harnesses from GM and possibly get a flash done.

Any and all insight is much appreciated thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, New to the forum. Lot's of good information on here!

I've been researching the additional of towing mirrors for a few hours, and have thoroughly confused myself.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT with turn signals, heat, memory and power folding mirrors. I would like to install chrome power fold towing mirrors, 23351794, 23342727.

My question is: Do I need the wiring harnesses or will this be plug and play?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey guys, New to the forum. Lot's of good information on here!

I've been researching the additional of towing mirrors for a few hours, and have thoroughly confused myself.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT with turn signals, heat, memory and power folding mirrors. I would like to install chrome power fold towing mirrors, 23351794, 23342727.

My question is: Do I need the wiring harnesses or will this be plug and play?

Thanks!

If you are installing towing mirrors, you do need matching door harnesses for a truck built with tow mirrors.

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed the mirror swap with success and thought I'd post my results. Like everybody else I had a difficult time finding the right part numbers. For me the best thing I did was go to my dealer and I located a truck on the lot that had the power fold tow mirrors that I wanted. I grabbed the VIN off that truck and had the dealer's parts department search the VIN and give me the replacement part numbers for the mirrors and harnesses. If this is not an option to go to the dealer and locate the truck with the option you want, then maybe you can find the truck on autotrader or something and grab the VIN from there.

Truck: 2016 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71 Duramax Diesel

Part Numbers of Mirrors & Harnesses I bought:

Driver Mirror - 23351794 (Power Fold, Turn Signal, Chrome)

Passenger Mirror - 23351798 (Power Fold, Turn Signal, Chrome)

Driver Harness - 23342727

Passenger Harness - 23342716

Purchased all the parts from iamgmparts.com for about $940. They wanted to charge about $150 for shipping but I called and complained and they gave me free shipping. Dealer also wanted to charge $950 for labor but I knew I could get them done faster and also I'm a cheapo.

My Truck had the small chrome, power fold mirrors already and I wanted to keep the same options especially the power fold. Install took about 1.5 hours on the passenger's side and the driver's side took about 45 minutes after learning from the opposite side. The best investment I made was purchasing a nylon pry bar set from harbor freight to help remove the door panels without scratching the paint. I watched a few youtube videos on how to remove the door panel which was pretty easy. The harnesses were accessed by lifting the plastic shield protecting the inside of the door panel. The harnesses weren't that difficult to replace just a little time in removing the clips that hold them in place and un-doing the plugs. If you have the new harnesses, use them to see how the plugs unhook and it should make the process easier. All options on the new mirrors work as should from the factory: Power Fold, Turn Signals, Amber Lights, Cargo Lamps, Memory

One last thing: The dealer has accessories that you can purchase for your truck. The two accessory options they have for the tow mirrors come in sets (One Black Set & One Chrome Set). These accessory bundles don't have the power fold, memory and extra features. If you want all the extra features you have to purchase the mirrors and harnesses independently. Good Luck!

Before -
After -

Any flash from GM needed to make all this work? Also is that the correct part number for the right mirror?

Edited by 15GMCSLT

Any flash from GM needed to make all this work? Also is that the correct part number for the right mirror?

No programming was needed from the dealer it was all plug and play. Below was my order for all the parts, hope this helps! There were many variations for the mirror part numbers but these were the most current part numbers. If you have a different part number for the right mirror it may be an older part number.

Shipment Details

Total

23351794 Mirror $444.42

23351798 Mirror $357.28

23342716 Harness $63.64

23342727 Harness $75.93

Subtotal:

$941.27

Shipping (Shipping is free):

$0.00

Total:

$941.27

Edited by tmac0503

No programming was needed from the dealer it was all plug and play. Below was my order for all the parts, hope this helps! There were many variations for the mirror part numbers but these were the most current part numbers. If you have a different part number for the right mirror it may be an older part number.

Shipment Details

Total

23351794 Mirror $444.42

23351798 Mirror $357.28

23342716 Harness $63.64

23342727 Harness $75.93

Subtotal:

$941.27

Shipping (Shipping is free):

$0.00

Total:

$941.27

Was yours diesel and have temp sensor in the right mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk