2015 towing mirrors

This is not true.

He will need new harnesses. The OEM DL3 mirrors share pins on the 18 pin connector that goes to the mirror. He will need to switch his harness out or go aftermarket. I don't have the part number for the harnesses.

You should just be plug and play. No need for harness

This is not true.

He will need new harnesses. The OEM DL3 mirrors share pins on the 18 pin connector that goes to the mirror. He will need to switch his harness out or go aftermarket. I don't have the part number for the harnesses.

Whoops. Guess I had my info wrong. I'll just leave it up to the pros to answer the questions

Wow this is a lot of information.

Seems like not many people have done this with 2017s yet, but I imagine it's not much different.

I just picked up a 2017 Denali 1500 with code DL3. Would like to upgrade to tow mirrors, but keep all functionality.

Looks like up to date part numbers for the mirrors are.... is this correct?

Left 84041609

Right 84041611

Also, do I know for sure what harness I will need by just knowing the year and model? Or do I need to pull it apart to see what is needed?

You need harness 23342727 and 23342716... I just put these and the OEM mirrors on my 2016 All Terrain and everything works except the features that we already knew we were going to lose, which is the puddle lamp and auto dimming. But if your Denali has the blind spot monitoring in the mirrors then you may lose that as well, but I don't know for sure

You need harness 23342727 and 23342716... I just put these and the OEM mirrors on my 2016 All Terrain and everything works except the features that we already knew we were going to lose, which is the puddle lamp and auto dimming. But if your Denali has the blind spot monitoring in the mirrors then you may lose that as well, but I don't know for sure

Can anyone confirm this is correct for the 17 Denali as well? I have code DL3

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm this is correct for the 17 Denali as well? I have code DL3

Take a look at the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit guide. It doesn't state 2017, but after evaluating the pin assignment, it appears to be same as 2016. If you have the RPOs DL3 and A45, you would be the last truck listed. If you have DL3 and don't have A45 (Seat Memory), then you would be the 2nd from the bottom. Keep in mind that if you do have DL3 and A45, there is a Memory Module Calibration needed. In this case, I would check with the Dealer for next steps.

aad6b2b6bc753e226d9d75d1f418c5b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That helps, one more question...

I do not see the apo code A45 on my build sheet, but DO have memory seats... does this make sense? Maybe it's a different code for my particular seat setup?

If you do have Seat Memory, then I would say that you are the bottom list of the retrofit.

I would recommend dealing with the Dealer as the list shows Memory Module Calibration required.

I don't know exactly what the "Memory Module Cals" actually does as all that is being done is adding the circuits for Turn/Cargo/Park Lamps.

I can certainly make you a custom DL3 Harness and have you be the guinea pig :). This will give us information specially to the need for Memory Module Cals or not. The harness would be pinned so that it will have the circuits for Turn, Cargo and Park Lamps.

There wouldn't be a need for a new memory module or switch to change out. Just new harnesses and the mirrors. If it doesn't work, I offer a full refund on the harness (minus shipping).

Hope this helps.

That helps, one more question...

I do not see the apo code A45 on my build sheet, but DO have memory seats... does this make sense? Maybe it's a different code for my particular seat setup?

Once again, the part numbers I listed are the most recent and updated part numbers for the harnesses that you're going to want. I went to the dealership and found a truck with every single option possible on the towing mirrors and then confirmed with GM Parts Direct and everyone here that has DL3 mirrors that wanted towing mirrors with ALL options.

I have memory seats also and every option working that the mirrors have, including memory and have not had to have any type of calibration. And the guy on here that confirmed my part numbers has a Denali.

Edited by gSwift

Just FYI,

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT AT.

I have codes DL3 and A45.

I did the trailer mirror swap this weekend using these parts numbers.

Mirror kit 23372182 (I wanted black mirrors and did not care about the power fold)

harness 23342727 and 23342716.

So, after install, the power mirror (big mirror) no longer works and neither does the memory seat recall.

Everything else works properly though, blinkers, heaters, park lamps, cargo.

I have an appointment at dealer today to have the memory module calibrated. Hope they understand what needs to be done and hopefully the power mirror and seat memory work again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have instructions for installing the RZY Harness with the upgrade from DL3 to DQS tow mirrors? I have the door harnesses and the RZY jumper harness but cannot locate how to install the jumper RZY harness. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PM Sent.

Hey there, new to the site but been reading into these tow mirrors for a bit. A lot of info to read gets quite confusing especially all those part numbers and what not. I got a 2015 Silverado 1500 with the small power mirror and believe heated. I have the code DL8. Truck was manufactured 11/14. Looking to upgrade to these tow mirrors, what mirrors would I need and what harnesses would I need if needed?

Edited by JP_

Hey there, new to the site but been reading into these tow mirrors for a bit. A lot of info to read gets quite confusing especially all those part numbers and what not. I got a 2015 Silverado 1500 with the small power mirror and believe heated. I have the code DL8. Truck was manufactured 11/14. Looking to upgrade to these tow mirrors, what mirrors would I need and what harnesses would I need if needed?

Mirrors and door harnesses.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my Story:

2015 1500 Extended Cab, LTZ - DL3 Mirrors and A45 code for memory seats. CHECK
Last year - As I understood it - I needed. (Prices were from IAMGMPARTS)
Powerfold - Chrome etc.
Mirror 23241465 ($427.43)
Mirror 231711567 ($427.43)
Harness 23171564 ($73.03)
Harness 23241467 ($73.03)
= = = = = $1000.92 sub tot.
Now that I finally decided to buy the Trailering Mirrors.. it seems that all the above numbers are No Longer Available - or Out of Stock.
Now the “NEW KIT” is available.
Chrome but no longer Power Fold…(bummer)
Prices are from ShopChevyParts.com
Right & Left Mirror Kit - 23372181 ($543.75)
Driver Side Harness: 23342727 ($91.74)
Passenger Side Harness: 23342716 ($76.67)
= = = = $712.16 sub tot
You can add $100.00 to $150.00 for State Tax, and or Shipping costs.
post-74551-0-04543500-1488502006_thumb.png

• Like 1