2015 towing mirrors

UPDATE - for anyone using the kit and door/jumper harnesses with a similar build to mine.

I just heard frommy dealer and he had bad news for me. Apparently with my build sheet, DL8, non-avf and pre August 2014, there is no way to override the bcm and allow the rear spotlight leds to stay on in reverse.

Looks like I'll have to do the diode mod or some wiring outside of the dealer through a third party.

Bummer

That's not acceptable. Push harder. The accessory bulletin and instructions specifically mention DL3 and DL8 and BCM programming. The kit is for those vehicles. For whatever reason, GM seems to be incapable of back porting the calibration changes from the AVF trucks, but now they're in a position where they have to. They sold you a kit, your vehicle falls within specifications for the kit (non-AVF/MY2015, not MY2015i) and the cargo lights should work as intended. Accessory engineering needs to get it together and fix the BCM portion.

I would push!

The impression I got from the service manager was that GM had no idea that it wouldn't work and just simply can't find a fix for it right now. I pushed a little and they gave me a break on the labor rate, I plan to check back in a few months or if I hear of someone who's had success I'll head right back in there.

Luckily it's the end of towing season for me, I may have just one more weekend left and then the truck will sit. If it was the beginning of the season I'd probably be a little more fired up. At the end of the day I am just happy they look good and the ambers and turn signals work properly.

Thanks for the support.

Here are some quick pics. Sorry not the best quality pics, took them quick

These mirrors are not cheap!

Mirror kit $834.01

DR Harness $165.43

DR Harness $160.56

With GM discount it was still $712, $132, and $128. It also took the tech 4 hours to install mirrors and harnesses. My kit was the first my dealership had ordered and installed, In fact I had to give them the p/n's to order them. All said and done $1396.15 installed....In Canada we get screwed!

I'll say, those look great - but I think for the total investment of $330, I'm good with the black old-school jobs on mine - glass and heat works, which is good enough for me!

Has anyone had success with replacing the old black tow mirrors (RPO DPN) with the new chrome, electric folding mirrors? I have an early 2015 Denali duramax that I have changed the mirrors out on. When I just installed the mirrors, the turn signals worked as well as the mirror adjustments and the electric fold (I changed the mirror switch in the door panel). I had my local dealer get me the new door harnesses and the new BCM harness and install it. Now the LED lights work, but only in park or neutral with the cargo switch, as well as the amber marker lights. But now, the mirrors won't adjust or fold, there is no power to the mirror switch in the door anymore. I really believe it just needs a flash to the BCM with the new codes from GM, but the dealer said they can't do it. So now the lights work, not fully the way they are supposed to, but I can't fold my mirrors, or adjust them. Anyone run into this with the new harnesses, and have any luck getting everything worked out? I'm getting really disappointed in GM for not making these work on all 2015 HD trucks.....

Can anybody jump in and help me with this. I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT. My current mirrors are just power and heat. I want to add part number 23372181 which are the chrome Manual folding and extending but with all the lights. I know I am going to hardwire for all the lights to work. But will the power and heat be plug and play? Also are the reverse, parking lamp, and blinker wires located under the dash board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody jump in and help me with this. I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT. My current mirrors are just power and heat. I want to add part number 23372181 which are the chrome Manual folding and extending but with all the lights. I know I am going to hardwire for all the lights to work. But will the power and heat be plug and play? Also are the reverse, parking lamp, and blinker wires located under the dash board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't hold out much hope for GM/the dealer being able to reprogram your BCM. My dealer told me that now that these trucks are on some global architecture or something like that GM does not allow any reprogramming other than GM issued updates for the trucks as they came from the factory. I went thru this trying to get my truck reprogrammed After the dealer installed a factory remote start so the onstar app could work. Also when I asked about a backup camera they said the same thing. There's a backup camera thread on here that the guys had to get theirs reprogrammed by third parties.

Edited by mjj

Hey guys, been doing a lot of reading in regards to the tow mirrors. I have a 2014 All Terrain, with DL3 and memory seats. My truck was built as a late model 2014 in November of 14.

I ordered the "kit" from my dealer, but did not order the door harnesses because they told me they have done this retrofit multiple times and have never needed them. They installed the mirrors and the turn signals, mirror adjustment worked (not sure about the heat yet), but the amber markers and white LED's do not work. After they tried to program it several times they contacted gm directly and decided I needed the harnesses. I was told the harnesses would allow full functionality EXCEPT for power folding. GM said that power folding is exclusive to the HD models and is not a supported calibration for the vehicle.

The door harnesses are being installed tomorrow, but as of now when the power fold button is pressed in the cabin you can hear the audible click from the circuit powering on. I can say for certain once the new harnesses are installed that it means either the circuit location is different in the new tow mirror harness/plug or the program that gm has that gets installed tells the BCM to not power the fold option.

Anybody else have a 1500 with the power fold tow mirrors having this issue?

Thanks, Mike

post-149260-0-47152500-1444739105_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2014 All Terrain

Just bought this new 2015 with the towing option. I was not looking for this option but it did not bother me. I actually wanted another truck they had but I did not like the ride of the 20's. Plus I would rather spend the extra on a useful option like the tow package that had additional cooling. Even though my boat only weight $3600 lbs...

The mirrors must create the largest blind spot on the planet! They look cool at night with the lights are on.

EDIT: If someone needs a VIN of a late model 2015 truck with factory mirrors.

• VIN: 3GCUKSEC9FG448252

IMG_0031_zpstlvn8p0h.jpgIMG_0050_zpsr9uk85rz.jpg

Edited by Gabe63

^^

Nice looking truck!

You'll be surprised how quickly you adapt and no longer have problems with the mirrors.

(kinda like adapting to the A pillar location when first operating an unfamiliar vehicle)

Edited by redwngr

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the aftermarket K Source brand tow mirrors?

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m20ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&productId=3285902&urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10002

Price is about half of what the dealer quoted for the GM ones.

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered these. I will see later this week how they turn out.