2015 towing mirrors

I visited two dealers within the past week, no luck with either one on the kit.

The first dealer only had an aftermarket option, which they conveniently had no information on for me to take home.

The second dealer only had the option to order each mirror as a "replacement" part separately at $645 a piece.

Luckily time is on my side and I won't need these for about 6-8 months but I'm running out of patience.

Any insight anyone? (Outside of the SuperchargedSS option)

Thanks

@SuperchargedSS http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/user/73467-superchargedss/ got me all squared away! If your looking to do these mirrors talk to him 1st!

Just buy the good ones... if you can't install them yourself have a good audio store do it. ... I love mine and appreciate them every day. (I am not affiliated with the seller, really. )

The first dealer only had an aftermarket option, which they conveniently had no information on for me to take home.

The second dealer only had the option to order each mirror as a "replacement" part separately at $645 a piece.

Luckily time is on my side and I won't need these for about 6-8 months but I'm running out of patience.

Thanks

Basically the only way to do it if your truck didn't come with them factory is to order them (via dealership or SuperchargedSS) and wire them yourself. The amount of wiring you do is based on what options your truck has currently turn signals, powerfold...etc. There is not BCM flashing or anything that can be done because the wiring in the truck does not have the wires for them at all to function by just plug and play and flash.

• Like 1

If you ask the right question to the right techician, they should mention that in order for the driver side power mirror to work too, it has to be programmed via GM uplink and code provided in instructions. Once tech calls with program code then a link is sent, technician then has to use their device to load the program to make it work. In simplest terms, it's like adding GM remote start to vehicles and having to download, upload, program, and time waisted if your vehicle mirrors don't have ability to be programmed. Just learned a very costly lesson on these new power mirrors and install plus compatability and want to save others same frustration by doing install on own.

Just had my new chrome towing mirrors installed at dealership. Drove it home and realized the amber lights only work as the former puddle lights and the rear LEDs won't turn on at all with cargo or reverse. Called the dealership and they said they couldn't wire it to work since its factory plugs. He was going to check on a new wiring harness. Any one have this problem or advice on how I can get the Amber lights and LEDs to work?

Just had my new chrome towing mirrors installed at dealership. Drove it home and realized the amber lights only work as the former puddle lights and the rear LEDs won't turn on at all with cargo or reverse. Called the dealership and they said they couldn't wire it to work since its factory plugs. He was going to check on a new wiring harness. Any one have this problem or advice on how I can get the Amber lights and LEDs to work?

Did the dealer install new driver and passenger door harnesses? If you had the GM mirror kit installed, you need door harnesses as well. The kit should have a BCM authorization code with the sheet inside the box and the dealer has to reflash the BCM after they call GM with the authorization code.

Edited by 15HDriver

What did you pay for em?

See post 123. 15hdriver indicates there is a bcm flash code for them to reprogram and make work in some sort of kit....

Beginning to wonder if it's ancient lore...

I paid $725 for the pair

Did the dealer install new driver and passenger door harnesses? If you had the GM mirror kit installed, you need door harnesses as well. The kit should have a BCM authorization code with the sheet inside the box and the dealer has to reflash the BCM after they call GM with the authorization code.

I am calling them back today. I called yesterday and they were going to check into the wire harnesses for me. I am going to ask them about it today once I get a call back. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get it resolved as the LED's were a part of why I wanted the new towing mirrors.

Thanks

The dealership I work with gave me the pair for $725. A kit I believe.

I am calling them back today. I called yesterday and they were going to check into the wire harnesses for me. I am going to ask them about it today once I get a call back. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get it resolved as the LED's were a part of why I wanted the new towing mirrors.

Good stuff. All the info I put in that other response is right from the instruction manual the dealer has access to. It shows them based on options and model year what mirror kit to use, door harness part numbers, if the retrofit harness is needed and if the BCM needs calibration.

I will put this out there - if anyone has factory BLACK mirrors with power/heated glass (NOT the fancy chrome, but just basic black factory towing mirrors), PM me.

I want to add the big towing mirrors, but do NOT want the chrome. May get some off EBay, but if someone upgrades their 2015+ 2500/3500 to the chrome, I may buy the old ones!

I will put this out there - if anyone has factory BLACK mirrors with power/heated glass (NOT the fancy chrome, but just basic black factory towing mirrors), PM me.

I want to add the big towing mirrors, but do NOT want the chrome. May get some off EBay, but if someone upgrades their 2015+ 2500/3500 to the chrome, I may buy the old ones!

If you want powerfold they only come in chrome but you can pull the caps off and color match them to your truck. I would think if people who had these and wanted the chrome ones they would just buy new caps instead of whole new mirrors.