2015 towing mirrors

Bringing back from the dead.

GM Accessories is working on a towing mirror kit for K2 trucks. Should be out soon. Black and Chrome. So, for those that are looking into putting tow mirrors on and that have patience, give it a couple months.

• Like 2

Hello,

Newbie to the forum and newbie GMC owner. Recently purchased a 2014 Denali HD 6.6L TURBO DIESEL - used with 8K miles. I purchased it to tow a 37 foot travel trailer camper which we are newbie with too. The power fold mirrors on this truck are awful - so small - I can't imagine towing with them. I just ordered power fold camper mirrors. The mirrors will be in tomorrow but reading through this thread I'm worried these mirrors will not fit my truck. Can you provide any insight as to whether or not the mirrors I ordered will fit and fully function. The GM part numbers I ordered are:

They weren't cheap so hope these will fit my truck.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards,

Bob

Hello,

Newbie to the forum and newbie GMC owner. Recently purchased a 2014 Denali HD 6.6L TURBO DIESEL - used with 8K miles. I purchased it to tow a 37 foot travel trailer camper which we are newbie with too. The power fold mirrors on this truck are awful - so small - I can't imagine towing with them. I just ordered power fold camper mirrors. The mirrors will be in tomorrow but reading through this thread I'm worried these mirrors will not fit my truck. Can you provide any insight as to whether or not the mirrors I ordered will fit and fully function. The GM part numbers I ordered are:

Best Regards,

Bob

Welcome to the forums, Bob!

The mirrors you ordered appear to be the ones for 2014-2015 style trucks (K2s). Since you have a 2014 GMT-900 HD truck, I don't think they will fit.

Don't panic just yet though, I may be wrong! I just don't think anyone has tried putting the new mirrors in the older trucks yet.

GM Accessories is working on a towing mirror kit for K2 trucks. Should be out soon. Black and Chrome. So, for those that are looking into putting tow mirrors on and that have patience, give it a couple months.

This is good news, hopefully it simplifies the process for those of us that prefer to stay away from doing the independent wiring.

Keep us posted if you hear anything further.

Hello,

Best Regards,

Bob

Will not fit your truck. Those are for K2 which are 2014 and up 1500 and 2015 and up HD trucks. Different mirror mount base becuase the doors are different between the two style trucks. You need tow mirrors for the 2007-2014 HD body style which is the style truck you have. GM sells those mirrors in a kit. You need part # 19243900. It comes with two mirrors and a mirror switch which must be replaced and possibly programmed to the truck. Hopefully you can toss those ones you ordered on eBay or this site.

This is good news, hopefully it simplifies the process for those of us that prefer to stay away from doing the independent wiring.

Will do.

They wont fit. New have 4 mounting pins, old have 3.

That's not the problem. The 2014+ 1500's only have 3 mounting studs too. You drill out a (factory pre-marked) hole in the door to install the mirrors.

The problem is the shape of the door is different.

• Like 1

That's not the problem. The 2014+ 1500's only have 3 mounting studs too. You drill out a (factory pre-marked) hole in the door to install the mirrors.

And you are correct! The mirrors came in today with four mounting posts as discussed. But the footprint is completely different - there's no way this is mounting on to my truck! Ugh...

GMDirect said they'll take these back and refund me without a stocking fee. But this doesn't solve my power fold dilemma. Does anyone have experience with these mirrors? The customer service rep said they are power folding...

http://www.carid.com/2014-gmc-sierra-denali-side-mirrors/k-source-system-lane-change-alert-system-44780866.html#product-details-tab

Not as pretty as the OEM power folding mirrors but...

Thanks for everyone's input!

Best Regards,

Bob

Edited by 2014-Denali-HD

And you are correct! The mirrors came in today with four mounting posts as discussed. But the footprint is completely different - there's no way this is mounting on to my truck! Ugh...

GMDirect said they'll take these back and refund me without a stocking fee. But this doesn't solve my power fold dilemma. Does anyone have experience with these mirrors? The customer service rep said they are power folding...

http://www.carid.com/2014-gmc-sierra-denali-side-mirrors/k-source-system-lane-change-alert-system-44780866.html#product-details-tab

Not as pretty as the OEM power folding mirrors but...

Thanks for everyone's input!

Best Regards,

Bob

I don't think those are power folding. Just "foldable". Plus they are ugly. Were there not mirrors like you want available as OEM?

I don't think those are power folding. Just "foldable". Plus they are ugly. Were there not mirrors like you want available as OEM?

I agree - they are ugly. Apparently there are no OEM power folding mirrors for 2014 HD.

Update: The GM kits that are coming are the new style mirrors, with the spot lights, the LED markers, and either chrome or black.

Update: The GM kits that are coming are the new style mirrors, with the spot lights, the LED markers, and either chrome or black.

I really hope they can get everything ( lights, LEDs, etc.) plug and play for us folks with the early 2015's. I appreciate the update regardless!!

• Like 1

Has anyone tried integrating the power fold components into a manual mirror? Basically keeping the footprint of a manual fold, which fits the 2014 HD, and modify it to accept the power folding motor and whatever other components - casing, extension rails and mirror/lights assy - and integrate them with the manual fold footprint.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated. I haven't returned the mirrors as of yet because I just think they're so cool!

Thanks,

Bob