wornout key fob

What about bug spray? Deet will break down plastics/rubber like nothing else.

I thought about that,, can't recall using any bug spray,,, am very careful about deek as I have a high end digtal slr camera and I know what it does to plastics. Guess I will just have to find one and have my dealer reprogram it,, unless I can figure out how to take the card of of this one and put in a new case.

You never have cleaned or wiped it down with anything at all?

nope,,, wondering,, looking at your pic of your truck,, does the GMC not have the door handles on the outside of the 14 double cabs like the chevy does?

I had a co worker that could ruin hand tools in a matter of weeks. A new shiny chrome snap on ratchet or wrench would turn black and tarnished after he used it for a while. He was t a sweaty guy either. Just a weird body chemistry I guess. It was crazy.

I would order a new one on eBay and put the old guts in the new body so you do t have to get it programmed. It's cake.

• Like 1

nope,,, wondering,, looking at your pic of your truck,, does the GMC not have the door handles on the outside of the 14 double cabs like the chevy does?

That's a pic of my '04 that I still drive also. I've got a 2014 truck for my work. Just never have posted a pic of it yet.

These key fobs are obnoxiously large and built like garbage. No doubt GM saved a few bucks going with crappier key fobs on these trucks. Maybe the OP abused it a little more than the average 2014 owner but at the end of the day, they're garbage and I don't think it's entirely his fault it looks that way. I expect the buttons on the steering wheel to look like crap too in a couple years. The steering controls on the GMT900's were a much better design as was the key fobs. It will interesting to see if they change on the 2015 trucks.

• Like 1

I had a co worker that could ruin hand tools in a matter of weeks. A new shiny chrome snap on ratchet or wrench would turn black and tarnished after he used it for a while. He was t a sweaty guy either. Just a weird body chemistry I guess. It was crazy.

I would order a new one on eBay and put the old guts in the new body so you do t have to get it programmed. It's cake.

How do you move the card from one to the other,, do the chrome pieces pop off then the 2 halves come apart? Thanks

I have a 2014 LTZ 1500,, About 21,000 miles on it.. The buttons on the key fob are pretty much trashed,, Key is either in my pocket or the truck,, My dealer said they would not even submit it to GM for warranty, because they said they would be told it was abused,, If pushing the buttons to lock and unlock are abuse, I must have a different idea of what abuse is.. Has anyone else had their fob wear like this. I was told by the dealer it would be over $200 for the fob and programing.. way more than I want to spend on a remote. attachicon.gifDSCF1154fob.jpg

You got two fobs didn't you? What does the other one look like?

You got two fobs didn't you? What does the other one look like?

It is still brand new,,never been used,, will prob get it out and use it,, put this one away for just in case.