wornout key fob

It sure wasn't happy about something. Remotes for out trucks seem to be the least expensive on ebay. I programmed a third set of key/remote for my truck myself. Three sets seem like the minimum I'm comfortable with.

I made up two extra sets for my last truck. When I go on hunting trips or vacation, I always bring extra sets and give a set to whoever is with me.

Edited by spurshot

It sure wasn't happy about something. Remotes for out trucks seem to be the least expensive on ebay. I programmed a third set of key/remote for my truck myself.

I thought it was a dealer only to program a remote.

I have a 2014 LTZ 1500,, About 21,000 miles on it.. The buttons on the key fob are pretty much trashed,, Key is either in my pocket or the truck,, My dealer said they would not even submit it to GM for warranty, because they said they would be told it was abused,, If pushing the buttons to lock and unlock are abuse, I must have a different idea of what abuse is.. Has anyone else had their fob wear like this. I was told by the dealer it would be over $200 for the fob and programing.. way more than I want to spend on a remote. attachicon.gifDSCF1154fob.jpg

Sorry but what your sharing with us being the wear & tear of your key-fob is nothing other than your own willful abuse. plane and simple. There is no way it should look that way if handled properly. Sorry, but I don't feel if warrants a viable complaint in terms of product quality and I for one would agree with your dealer.

I would like to thank most everyone that responded, In response to the one that accused me of WILLFULLY ABUSING, I did nothing to abuse it. I have no idea why it looks like it does, but I agree,, it is not normal, but has not abused,, I just was asking if anyone else had this problem,, I seems that there isn't,, so will drop the subject and move on. I don't really care to be accused of doing something that I know that I did not do, at least on purpose.

my first thought when I saw the picture is you sweat a lot while the keys are in your pocket and your sweat would soak through your pocket lining and onto your key fob causing the rubber to break down. but if you don't sweat then idk, but that is not normal by any means. on my gmt 800 when I replaced both of them they did not look 1/2 that bad. I replaced them because the buttons were not working as good anymore. I bought those off ebay as well.