wornout key fob

• 4 months later...

I had noticed that my remote also had unusual wear on my 2014 Not quite as bad as OP but it was getting pretty ugly. I do use a Neutrogena original hand cream and that is what I thought at the time might have affected the remote? Traded it in a month or so ago so no way to post a pic....

My one employee picked up a low mileage used 2014 and his fob although not as bad as the op looks quite similar. In fact we test drove a few 2014's on his hunt and all of them has screwed up looking fobs with peeling and fading. My 2015 is sitting at 25000 miles and it's, fob looks new so... I don't know lol.

For programming it may be interesting if Dorman releases a tool for it. I just added fobs to the used 2004 Malibu we have and that same kit works on vehicles through 2012 or later all of which require dealer programming. They aren't the kind you can do lock cycle sequences to program with like my 05 Sierra as an example. The car has command start among all your other normal functions. It's just a stick you plug in the obd port and then press and hold lock and unlock simultaneously. Beats paying GM or finding a locksmith.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

Edited by 1994Vmax

• 5 years later...

I just bought a 2017 Silverado with 4400 miles. both of the remotes look like they are from a 200,000 mile truck. the rubber on them are sticky like they are melting. when i was searching the net for a truck I noticed the ads that had pictures of the remotes looked the same way. even though the miles were low. 

10 hours ago, jimsmith1957 said:

I just bought a 2017 Silverado with 4400 miles. both of the remotes look like they are from a 200,000 mile truck. the rubber on them are sticky like they are melting. when i was searching the net for a truck I noticed the ads that had pictures of the remotes looked the same way. even though the miles were low. 

Bought one of these off of Amazon, $12.95. Not too bad of quality. The factory ones do not last long for some reason.

KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Case Shell Button Pad Outer Cover for GMC Chevy M3N-32337100

81qgzq1fWgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My 2016 key fob buttons are beginning to wear, but nothing like the OP!! His fobs look like they boofed into a prison many times... I want to go with something like this:

image.png.dac3b3eed324b02a56133a2f8033d551.png

I just sent AJT Design an email to see  if they can sell fobs with different color buttons like this one, I like the RED panic and BLUE remote start. $39 on AJTdesign-llc.com.