AUX switch install

Finally got my IP switch configured just the way I want it. Thanks to @Tinkering Fox for his insight on this! Those button caps are a royal pain to remove.

2ef1c742a1e2691a6aedbdd09ec1169a.jpg

01b347f047de1e162f3faf6c02b5deaf.jpg

953896f28c6296b7b9bf4f84ec8231f0.jpg

Still need to wire it up. Not sure what I plan on using the Aux 1 and 2 buttons for yet as I have no auxiliary devices or lights yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 94yj said:

so this is setup as a ground circuit switch so i would run the gnd wire from the upfitter pins and use the gnd wire on the relay to open and close the relay am i thinking the right way? also can i use just the regular 4 pin relays or do i have to use a different relay tia

You can use standard 4pin automotive relays if your just adding the 4 aux switches panel.

sounds like you have the right idea on wiring.

you have 16 total wires.

-8 get connected to 12v (either right off the battery if you want them to function with the truck off, or switched if you want them to shut off with the ign)

-4 get connected to your loads

-4 get ran to the switch bank and put to pins 11 - 14

I got my switches swapped over how I wanted them as well. And you’re correct Phil, those are a pita to do but not bad after practicing on a spare one.

I’ll have mine running through a low level trigger relay. Just need to find time to work on it. AUX 1 will be my rear bumper LED’s, and I’m not sure what I’ll use the AUX 2 for yet.

df74869d14d456507e7ae7abf81d36b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

You can use standard 4pin automotive relays if your just adding the 4 aux switches panel.

sounds like you have the right idea on wiring.

you have 16 total wires.

-8 get connected to 12v (either right off the battery if you want them to function with the truck off, or switched if you want them to shut off with the ign)

-4 get connected to your loads

-4 get ran to the switch bank and put to pins 11 - 14

thanks that is what i was thinking just wanted to confirm before i messed up a bcm i will do them this weekend and wont fire up till i put the gm diodes in place

does anyone have a wiring schematic they could post for a 2015 silverado 2500hd switch bank wires as it looks like i already have the wires in the 10-13 spots but they all appear to be the same color thanks

Back on page 15 I posted info on the X61A schematics. If you have wiring in the S48A X1 connector already than it is likely already going to your X61A (down by the pedals). This is a good thing! Check to see if you have the pins in the X50A upfitter relay spots (metal tabs to accept relays) or if they are empty slots. You may already be wired up?

40 minutes ago, 94yj said:

does anyone have a wiring schematic they could post for a 2015 silverado 2500hd switch bank wires as it looks like i already have the wires in the 10-13 spots but they all appear to be the same color thanks

Meant to quote your post, look up. ?

Also the X4 and X5 Connectors on the X61A May be reversed depending on what year diagram you look at. Just check other wires around for color and matching cavities to be sure.

38 minutes ago, TinkeringFox said:

Back on page 15 I posted info on the X61A schematics. If you have wiring in the S48A X1 connector already than it is likely already going to your X61A (down by the pedals). This is a good thing! Check to see if you have the pins in the X50A upfitter relay spots (metal tabs to accept relays) or if they are empty slots. You may already be wired up?

best i can tell the spots for the upfitter relays and fuses in the under hood box are empty no terminals in them is their a way to tap in to the x61 to operate my gnd side of my 4 pin relays?

16 minutes ago, 94yj said:

best i can tell the spots for the upfitter relays and fuses in the under hood box are empty no terminals in them is their a way to tap in to the x61 to operate my gnd side of my 4 pin relays?

Yes, you can either clip the wires coming from the switch down at the X61A or add wires to the backside of the X61A and add them to the harness. You should check to see if the wires coming from your switch going to the X61A in fact go there. Next see if they come out of the X61A and go to the X50A. It would be pretty easy at this point to continue the system with an OEM layout. 

Here’s a link to a short video on how to remove the X50A to check the connectors for terminals and replace the X50A if you want to add a new one with the upfitter switches....

4EBB3823-5252-4218-AE00-0CC17305068F.jpeg

Edited by TinkeringFox
Add picture

what would be the pin number for the wires from the switch to the x61 box are they the same ones 1-4-14 and 20 is their a way to get to the wires from the front or would i need to pull x61 and add wires to the back also do you have a part number for the under hood box with the upfitter setup already installed tia

If you look at this X61A diagram you can see the in and out path (to and from the X61A). You can also see the wire colors leaving the X61A going to the X50A. Both of these X50A blocks have upfitter terminals.

DFC710F7-914D-4624-9E8F-E43E302FF091.jpeg

3AACEDE9-6CDF-4B4C-BB74-EB239C8EA9BC.jpeg

Edited by TinkeringFox