AUX switch install

On 5/29/2019 at 10:42 AM, TinkeringFox said:

Very cool! Check out Waytek for the wire. They have a great selection of automotive crosslink wire.

@TinkeringFox thank you very much for all your efforts at figuring this out for everyone...

Thanks everyone who took time to make this thread as awesome as it is!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read this whole thread and didn't see anything about this. My truck just has 2 switches (Traction Control and Bed lights). I'm wondering if anyone has bought a set of switches that includes the pedals button and used that to control something?

I'm understand that the switch banks with the pedals have the momentary switches and would need latching relays if I wanted the items to stay on. 

My thought is to use the pedals switch to wire to some solenoids to raise and lower my rear air bags. In this scenario it would actually be better to be momentary.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Obviously I don't have electronic movable pedals so I don't have a use for that switch.

Edited by lowe.joshua51
clarification

I have a 2019 International CV which is the same thing as a new Silverado 4500-6500HD. The 2WD versions have rear airbag suspension which can be raised and lowered. I’ll see if there’s a part number I can grab next time I’m at the wrecker builder’s shop. (Mainly for the button). 

Yes, the pedal adjustment has two different outputs. Since the pedals cannot be adjusted while in gear it would be a great switch to use for something, even momentarily like an air horn.

This looks like a lot of technical work. I have a 2016 will 3 switches now. Traction control cargo light and engine brake. I want to go with the 7 switch you showed in this post. Does each switch have its own plug or is a group one plug system? 

1 hour ago, Willswilly said:

This looks like a lot of technical work. I have a 2016 will 3 switches now. Traction control cargo light and engine brake. I want to go with the 7 switch you showed in this post. Does each switch have its own plug or is a group one plug system? 

I thought the same about air ride and looked very hard at the wiring and it can be done. I would like to see what you end up doing 

Just now, Bernard Sarazin said:

I thought the same about air ride and looked very hard at the wiring and it can be done. I would like to see what you end up doing 

earlier in this blog there is a picture of the switch that has the three buttons and the extra buttons. I got mine from GM and it was a direct plug and play for my trucks options and I wired in the other switches to the fuse box. but you could go directly to relay. just remember that the switches supply ground and not power.

15BD5F7B-F8B7-4BCC-8C1C-C215049251F4.jpeg.95ae.jpg

Thanks that is exactly the switches I need. Went the the GMC shop and asked them for this bank of switches and they could not look up anything without a vin for a vehicle with the right switch bank. Not like the old days when a parts guy knew his parts. 

• Like 1

I've been digging through this and a few others as I look to do this mod. Haven't ever wired additional stuff to a truck so this world is new to me.

My truck is a 2016 Sierra SLE. I've currently got two switches, TC and bed lights. I'm looking to upgrade to switch bank #23145158. When I popped my box I see the below: (rotated 90° counter-clockwise, so the bottom right is actually the bottom left of the box. Said another way this should be terminal 1 assuming that terminal 1 is the most bottom left terminal)

gmc_pins.thumb.jpg.72deae2c05d6f9b7cdf7b13861326d00.jpg

Looking at the GM upfitter bulliten (https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/604/UI Bulletin_110h.pdf) it seems that I need #1, 4, 14, 20: 

5d066395919a3_ScreenShot2019-06-16at11_42_12AM.thumb.png.63829e80d08a79b44373c039982f4af1.png 

So, if I'm following this correctly. I buy the new bank, which is plug and play, then run my wires to the battery (red and black to red and black) and run my output wire (prob blue) to pin 1, 4, 14, or 20 (depending on which switch I want to operate which set of lights).

I'm gonna need to install some sort of fuse block for a more clean install. Still debating if I want to run a second battery but for the time being I can run this and upgrade to a second battery later if this ever becomes a problem.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong here, noobie and all. Much appreciate the help!

On 6/15/2019 at 8:03 AM, TinkeringFox said:

I have a 2019 International CV which is the same thing as a new Silverado 4500-6500HD. The 2WD versions have rear airbag suspension which can be raised and lowered. I’ll see if there’s a part number I can grab next time I’m at the wrecker builder’s shop. (Mainly for the button). 

Yes, the pedal adjustment has two different outputs. Since the pedals cannot be adjusted while in gear it would be a great switch to use for something, even momentarily like an air horn.

That would be awesome! I looked into it but I can't seem to find parts without a commercial account.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I’ve read through this whole thread twice now and I still have a few questions. My truck (2014 LT) came with just the traction control and cargo lights, it does not have the relays in the X50. Can I just wire into the harness behind the switches to enable them to work? 

4 hours ago, Fantastic said:

Okay so I’ve read through this whole thread twice now and I still have a few questions. My truck (2014 LT) came with just the traction control and cargo lights, it does not have the relays in the X50. Can I just wire into the harness behind the switches to enable them to work? 

I’m still not sure. Myself. The post was not as clear as I need.