Bilstein shocks thread

9 minutes ago, Battle Born Offroad said:

If you are using the standard 0-1" 5100 for the 1500s and that block, you are limiting your travel by a bit. It will work, just realize the shock is being stressed at full droop pretty hard.

So I should opt for the 5160's then ;)

14 hours ago, Battle Born Offroad said:

Yep! We also have 5125s (Not application specific version of 5100) rear shocks that will give you the full travel.

Are the 5100's ok for the front though? I know they're not "lifted" struts so they should be fine for use with the strut spacer on the 5 inch lift right?

16 hours ago, Jaycreek7908 said:

Even if I don't go off-road that often?

Youll be fine as is.

Bilstein offers
24-186636_thu.jpg

Part Number: 24-186636 -For Rear Lifted Height: 3-4"

16 hours ago, Criscone said:

Got my 5100’s in, does the factory spring perch come off and install onto the 5100’s?

Yes, it does. Here is a link to Bilsteins install instructions showing the assembly of the front shock -

4 hours ago, Jaycreek7908 said:

Are the 5100's ok for the front though? I know they're not "lifted" struts so they should be fine for use with the strut spacer on the 5 inch lift right?

Yes, they are considered stock replacement shocks and will work fine with the strut spacer in lift kits.

Ok well hope this helps someone.... Was just told by Rough Country that with the 5 inch lift from them, the rear block is indeed 3 inches. And the shock travel lengths are as follows:

Extended: 33.07 inches

Compressed: 19.29 inches

Edited: but apparently that doesn't help because I can't find a dang shock that comes close to those travel dimensions

Edited by Jaycreek7908

ReplaceOk well hope this helps someone.... Was just told by Rough Country that with the 5 inch lift from them, the rear block is indeed 3 inches. And the shock travel lengths are as follows:

Extended: 33.07 inches

Compressed: 19.29 inches

Replace

On 3/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, Battle Born Offroad said:

AMAZING NEWS from BILSTEIN!!!

We have 130 sets of the new 6112 for the 14-18 Silverado and Sierra READY TO SHIP!! These will sell out by Saturday and be on backorder again for months! Dont miss out!

Our price is the best around!

GM-Trucks Members get yours here - http://battlebornoffroad.net/bilstein-new-products/bilstein-6112/47273702/i-7531506.aspx

SAVE $100!! Use code: GMTRUCKS

Chas,

Thank you for your time over the phone this afternoon discussing my project and the awesome deal on the 6112's and some 5100's for the rear of my 15 Silverado!!

Looking forward to ditching the Rancho's and enjoying my truck again!! 

John in St. Louis

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, quickstang1 said:

Anybody have a shop recommendation in Northwest Houston? I would love to get rid of this crap Rancho suspension on my Z71 and get the 6112’s.

290 NW or 249 NW?

3 minutes ago, quickstang1 said:

I’m near 290 in Cypress but Tomball would work too.

Tire and Wheel Connection on 1960 & Fallbrook

Cutten Customs close to 249 & Cutten

4 Wheel Parts on 1960

American Wheel and Tire on 290

That's all I know in that area.

• Thanks 1