What's your job?

LaserBlueZ71

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My job is my hobbies.

Computer programming :c,c++,php,JavaScript,CSS,HTML.

Electronics design and microcontrollers, atmel primarily. Bought my first oscope couple weeks ago.

Auto and marine mechanics, built a v8 s10, hotrod ski boat and currently working on my ls velocity boat.

Ho scale model train with arduino NFC RFID automation assistance.

Remodeling my home/carpentry.

Like firearms but there's not a lot of places to shoot in the city, may grow when we get to visiting the lakes again.

I work to pay for my hobbies. Currently a "Field engineer" for fire/life safety systems. I more or less program and fix crappy designs or installations.

Right now I'm a sales consultant (salesman) at the local dealership where I live. We have Chevy, Cadillac, Ford, Dodge, Ram, Jeep and Chrysler. Of course we have a good amount of used vehicles. All together we have around 700 on the lot, so many that we have to put overstock in the very back corner behind everything and a decent amount of trade-ins we just send to auction.

I've only been there for a little over a month now. Before I tried out trucking and did some local delivery. Before that I just worked where ever I could and was just a job. So far this is the first job I have that I hope I can make a career out of and not have just a job.

Started off as a farmer / class 1 truck driver, dozer and hoe operator, roughneck on a rig, the went back to school and finished my university and was a HR/ Safety Mgr for 8 years as i operated a auto body shop but got tired behind the dext so now and building and renovation high end homes.

I'm actually applying for the Diesel Mechanic Job at CSX's Radnor Yard in Nashville; (and Hoping to make it my Lifelong Career) from what i've seen on CSX's Career site, personnel in the Mechanical Department get paid pretty well too, even the Trainees!

That's Great! Railroads are one of the biggest backbones of the US economy. Make sure to always play it safe. No one will fire you for taking the safest course and it'll keep you healthy. Just getting a job on the railroad is a great start but also keep an open mind to other departments that may pay better and not cause so much physical pain over the years. Good Luck!!

• 1 month later...

Archived