GMC headlight recall concern

When did this go into effect? I didn't get anything on it yet and would like to have it done. Then I can return the HID kit and save some cash!

It's a bulletin, not a recall, so you won't get any mail.

Inquire at your preferred service department.

Dropped into my servicing GMC dealer today with a copy of the TSB, discussed it with the service manager and my truck is now scheduled for the headlamp bulb upgrade + BCM flash + re-aiming next Wends. No problem.

It helps to print the TSB and take it with you. Here is a link to it;

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-up-non-powertrain/598297-2015-poor-headlights-tsb.html

Edited by rewillia

FWIW & my 2₵'s,

For those who don't want to wait on the GM backorder, the specific German made Bi-Halogen lamps can be purchased direct from VOSLA for 57 Euros (about $67) for the pair delivered to your US address. VOSLA also offers numerous other bulbs that provide the +30% brighter performance for both European and US market automobiles.

Of course many may quote that the wholesale price per lamp from GM is about $14 ea. vs. ordering direct from Vosla - but that does little good it you can't find them.

Also, as OP#1 (Bob) advised, be aware the GM part number 23342527 alone does not guarantee it will be the Vosla German made lamps which is good information to be aware of and to further verify with your servicing dealer before they do the swap (i.e. that they in fact have or will be using the correct German made Vosla replacement lamps).

Click on the link below and run a search for Vosla item # 28432

http://www.vosla-german-lighting.com/en/automobile-lighting/index.html

Lamp Specification

http://www.vosla-german-lighting.com/upload/products/pdf/de/28432.pdf

Edited by rewillia
  • Like 1

It's not a recall, it's not an automatic thing... nobody is getting any sort of notification in the mail for this. This is a bulletin released for customers who complain about it. If you don't complain, you don't get it done. If you go in for an oil change, it's not getting done automatically. You have to specifically say your headlights are poor.

GM didn't make this a home office letter, there may be dealers unaware of it. It's a hard bulletin to find. I'm a dealer and I only found it because it was on gm trucks.com... not because it was a new bulletin... I searched it out after I became aware it existed.

(All that said, I'm not in service or parts too often, just when we're short staffed)

Having had the update done for close to a month now driving at night is much better.

As for people buying the 15 the ones coming off the line now have this update already in place from what I was told.

Denali build date of mid feb 2015, I have the BCM mod, but still have the Phillips bulbs though. Checked last week....was hoping to see Volsa in there.

Update to the original post i checked the bulbs they put the drivers bulb was in wrong missed one tab. Now theres quality control.

The lights are a big improvement but i would like to upgrade the fogs now

Thanks for the advise

Ron

Look Up DownsouthKustomstx.com They have the Diode Dynamics LED bulbs. you will love the out put.

20150219_182725.jpg

20150219_182731.jpg

20150221_195407.jpg

Edited by 12amrdr