GMC headlight recall concern

I got the headlight recall done PIT5374 new bulbs and BCM calibration. The light is definitely brighter but very choppy for a lack of words with a big bright ball on the center line. I am wondering if anyone else has gotten it done and what they are seeing. I have included a pic of what i am seeing and this is exactly the view there is no reflection in the pic. I still find it frustrating this whole head light issue

med_gallery_126802_2633_71242.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! That light pattern is not lookin' too good! Here's what GM says:

Headlamp Performance
postdateicon.pngApril 10, 2015

On some 2014 Sierra 1500 and 2015 Sierra models, poor headlamp performance may be noticed when driving in very dark rural areas. While the headlamps meet all Federal (FMVSS) requirements, some owners may request better headlamp performance.

When addressing headlamp performance conditions, normal diagnostics should be performed first. Verify that all headlamps operate properly, headlamp adjustment is correct, and there is not any headlamp mounting damage or concerns with the lens (e.g., haziness, cloudiness, etc.). Repair any headlamp conditions. If an owner still has a concern, perform the following calibration and bulb repairs.

Build Dates

For vehicles built before December 23, 2014, at Flint Assembly (11th VIN Digit “F”), before January 13, 2015, at Silao Assembly (11th VIN Digit “G”) or before January 16, 2015, at Ft. Wayne Assembly (11th VIN Digit “Z”), reprogram the BCM with the latest calibration available in TIS2Web starting on January 12, 2015. The new BCM calibration will increase the voltage to the headlamp bulbs in both the low beam and high beam settings.

All vehicles built after these build dates have the new BCM calibration and the BCM reprogramming does not need to be performed.

Headlamp Bulb

Next, replace both headlamp bulbs with updated bulb part number 23342527. Verify the correct bulb is being installed by confirming the correct markings on the bulb as shown: (Fig. 12)

1. 28432
2. HIR2+30

F12-4092123-R.jpg

When installing the new headlamp bulbs, do not touch the glass. Make sure the bulbs are fully seated into the headlight housing. If the bulb is not properly installed, it can lead to an incorrect light pattern.

The beam pattern photo (Fig. 13) shows the low beam pattern of a properly installed bulb on a Sierra (one lamp with the opposite lamp blocked) on a wall/aiming screen at 25 feet (7.62 m). Each block division is approximately 10.5 inches (26.67 cm).

F13-4092519.jpg

Headlamp Aiming

After bulb replacement, refer to the appropriate Service Information for the Headlamp Aiming procedure.

TIP: The bulb replacement and the calibration change should be performed at the same time. Performing these repairs at the same time will show a dramatic improvement.

Yea this is classic lazy tech installation. He did not get the bulb correctly seated in the socket. Open up the backside of your headlight and reseat the bulb and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

I would check both sides and as said make sure the bulbs are seated correctly. then let the dealership know as they should have caught that before it left.

Damn! I need this. I already changed to the 9011 bulbs vs the stock 9012s. I wonder if this "new" bulb would be a step back for me. I wonder if the increased voltage would help my 9011s though.

from what i understand, the new Vosla bulbs and bcm is more then the 9011's

I just installed my hids. You think that would be an issue? I'd like to get the bcm reprogramming but wonder if they'll give me $hit for putting in hids. Taking them out is def not an option after all the zip ties I used for cord management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed my hids. You think that would be an issue? I'd like to get the bcm reprogramming but wonder if they'll give me $hit for putting in hids. Taking them out is def not an option after all the zip ties I used for cord management.

if you have hid's with a relay then reprogramming the bcm will do absolutely nothing for ya.

• Like 1

if you have hid's with a relay then reprogramming the bcm will do absolutely nothing for ya.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if it would still send more power to the hids or not and if there was anything else they did while reprogramming