leveling kit do or don't?

a8a8cf7f2ca794a39126c0643fa7f787.jpg

Top is leveled with RC 2.5"with toyo MTs, bottom is stock.

If you take care of your vehicle, you will be fine. Who cares if you need to replace ball joints in 100k miles, that's part if maintenance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks great! At first I thought it was too high in the front, but that appears to be a camera angle thing. Is there any lift in the rear with this kit? Where did you purchase?

Looks great! At first I thought it was too high in the front, but that appears to be a camera angle thing. Is there any lift in the rear with this kit? Where did you purchase?

Ordered directly from roughcountry.com

It's the 2.5" kit, which is 2" block under the shock and a 1/2" spacer on top. Then it comes with a 2" block for rear to replace the 1" blocks.

It still has some rake, but not as bad as stock

It's the 2.5" kit, which is 2" block under the shock and a 1/2" spacer on top. Then it comes with a 2" block for rear to replace the 1" blocks.

Looks great what size toyo are those?

Perfect. Exactly what I'm looking for. I plan on using the stock 18" wheels with some Goodyear Duratrac's when I can afford them. I want to avoid any "issues" at all costs. I've run Duratrac's on my last truck for a few years, and they are awesome tires.

• Like 1

Is a transfer case drop kit not needed with this?

Is a transfer case drop kit not needed with this?

Never heard of a tcase drop kit. If you're referring to a front diff drop kit, you don't need to worry about it on a level kit, that's only for true lift kits and at that point it is built in with the drop crossmembers and such

Ok, next "newby" question. (New to GMC, that is) I see that a lot of you are leaving that front air dam in place. Just personal preference?

I started with the 2" RCfront lift to get the lowered front look gone. 2" seemed a little high once installed for a while, so I went with the rear spacers from the 2 1/2" RC level kit (you can buy them seperately). I like the way it looks now, has a little bit of rake to it.

Justinass, that is a sick ride!!! I love the look of that truck. Thanks for posting pics!!!

Creamy butter, don't even think twice. Go get the lift done ASAP

I'd go with the taller 2.5 ish inches up front and add an inch block to the back. My brother in law, did the truxxx lift leveler to his GMC AT and it's one sick ride.

On my 14 Silverado, I did the truxxx lift. On my 15 Silverado I used a Ready lift kit, which added 2.25 " up front and 1.25" in the back.

Lift/leveling kits really improve the look of these trucks. Plus the added clearance is appreciated when driving off road!

Justinass, that is a sick ride!!! I love the look of that truck. Thanks for posting pics!!!

Creamy butter, don't even think twice. Go get the lift done ASAP

I'd go with the taller 2.5 ish inches up front and add an inch block to the back. My brother in law, did the truxxx lift leveler to his GMC AT and it's one sick ride.

On my 14 Silverado, I did the truxxx lift. On my 15 Silverado I used a Ready lift kit, which added 2.25 " up front and 1.25" in the back.

Lift/leveling kits really improve the look of these trucks. Plus the added clearance is appreciated when driving off road!

Stock 4x4s shouldn't look like street trucks. I put a MotoFab 1.5" level off ebay on mine. Went up to 265/70/18 32.6x10.7 Hankook Dynapro ATM tire and now it looks like the 4x4 sticker belongs on it. I also took the front air dam off and I've lost less than 1mpg. It still has a little rake so when I pull a small trailer with hunting gear it isn't nose high. I'm currently looking into getting another set of wheels and tires. Possibly 33x11.5 or 33.5x12 on 17's with an offset between 0 and +12. Everything I've researched says both wil fit just fine.