leveling kit do or don't?

I installed the rough country 2-1/2” lift on my 2015 Sierra when it was a month old and it now has 44,000 miles and no issues. Very happy with the kit, ride and ease of install. Yes I did it myself and then had a front end alignment. All is good. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2015 at 8:45 AM, irish4life8911 said:

a8a8cf7f2ca794a39126c0643fa7f787.jpg

Top is leveled with RC 2.5"with toyo MTs, bottom is stock.

If you take care of your vehicle, you will be fine. Who cares if you need to replace ball joints in 100k miles, that's part if maintenance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What size tires did you end up going with? 

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if I could get some advice, please excuse any stupid questions.

I am looking to install a level lift on my 2016 Silverado 1500 LT, I was thinking about either doing 3" front 2" back or 2.5" front and 1.5" back.  I am in the market on getting new wheels as well,  How big can I go without rubbing (33?)?  I tow a pontoon (~3000 lbs), does the level lift impact towing at all?  I still want to park in my garage, will I be able to fit with either of the lift combos along with the bigger tires (standard 2 car garage, 7 ft tall)?

I was looking at using the below:

https://www.amazon.com/MotoFab-Lifts-CH-3F-2R-2007-2017-Silverado/dp/B0156T83UI/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1518096723&vehicle=2016-47-491-------------0&sr=1-6&ymm=2016%3Achevrolet%3Asilverado+1500&keywords=2016+chevy+silverado+lift#customerReviews

Wheels - Hostile Sprocket (20") or XD Series XD820 (20")

I have been looking at a lot of different forums and it seems like everyone has their own opinions, just looking for some constructive criticism/advice.

Thanks in advance.

Funk

1 hour ago, Funk said:

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if I could get some advice, please excuse any stupid questions.

I am looking to install a level lift on my 2016 Silverado 1500 LT, I was thinking about either doing 3" front 2" back or 2.5" front and 1.5" back.  I am in the market on getting new wheels as well,  How big can I go without rubbing (33?)?  I tow a pontoon (~3000 lbs), does the level lift impact towing at all?  I still want to park in my garage, will I be able to fit with either of the lift combos along with the bigger tires (standard 2 car garage, 7 ft tall)?

I was looking at using the below:

https://www.amazon.com/MotoFab-Lifts-CH-3F-2R-2007-2017-Silverado/dp/B0156T83UI/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1518096723&vehicle=2016-47-491-------------0&sr=1-6&ymm=2016%3Achevrolet%3Asilverado+1500&keywords=2016+chevy+silverado+lift#customerReviews

Wheels - Hostile Sprocket (20") or XD Series XD820 (20")

I have been looking at a lot of different forums and it seems like everyone has their own opinions, just looking for some constructive criticism/advice.

Thanks in advance.

Funk

Welcome to this forum.  You are correct that this is an older thread.  Try:

There are newer  threads as well.  I recommend you take the time and read about other members' experiences. You could save yourself some money and disappointment.   I have read much of the information on this topic in this forum and my conclusion was to either go with Bilstein 5100 shocks or 1.5" bottom strut mount spacers. (I chose the latter)  With a 1.5" level your truck will look great, accommodate larger tires and maintain some rake for towing.  The level lift you are proposing will result in a similar stance and be 1" higher but will likely give a harsher ride for passengers and prematurely wear other suspension components.  Many members claim many trouble free miles with the 2.5"+ level kits so the decision is yours.  However, you will find far less problems associated with a smaller level. 

• 7 months later...
Rough Country also makes just a 2 inch as well. A shop I used to work for has installed countless Rough Country levels and had 0 issues. I run a RC 7 inch and have had 0 problems.

I did the RC 2inch on my 13 and really makes it sit much better. No issues related to ride or handling One hour install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
On 7/1/2015 at 8:45 AM, irish4life8911 said:

a8a8cf7f2ca794a39126c0643fa7f787.jpg

Top is leveled with RC 2.5"with toyo MTs, bottom is stock.

If you take care of your vehicle, you will be fine. Who cares if you need to replace ball joints in 100k miles, that's part if maintenance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Irish, are you using the 2” RC block in the rear, or just the upper and lower spacers on the front?  Truck looks good. 

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, JD Longanecker said:

Do you need to install new upper control arms to help with geometry?

With a 2.5" level and under, you'll be OK. (my installer mentioned he wouldn't install any level with stock UCAs.)
If you go above that, it is highly recommended proper UCAs be installed.
I have a 3" front level, Motofab UCAs and a 1" rear block with Zone rear spring lift and a Zone 1.5" body lift.
35x12.5x18s without issues.

IMG_0148.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...