leveling kit do or don't?

If you had 31" tires before, your speedometer will be off 6.4% and so will your MPG so.... 20.4mpg on a 19.2 display.

Impressive at 19.2 on a 33... 20+ is damn near amazing. I wish I could drive like an adult.

Remember that was highway miles mostly... With the cruise set and me and my Sirius/XM just riding & guiding.

a8a8cf7f2ca794a39126c0643fa7f787.jpg

Top is leveled with RC 2.5"with toyo MTs, bottom is stock.

If you take care of your vehicle, you will be fine. Who cares if you need to replace ball joints in 100k miles, that's part if maintenance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned, the top pic is what an AT should look like from the factory.

• Like 3

Agreed, but I think you should take that front air dam off. It does just about nothing but reduce your ground clearance. I took mine off and have seen zero change in mpg, assuming that's what it's on there for. The front looks way better with it removed, IMHO.

20150702_192510_zps2vec1wwq.jpg

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned, the top pic is what an AT should look like from the factory.

That would be perfect if you are not going to use the truck for towing or hauling. The rear end is going to sag as designed when the truck is loaded or a trailer attached. Being just about perfectly level, when the truck takes that weight the front end is going to point to the sky.

Very nice looking truck just not an ideal setup for towing/hauling.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

That would be perfect if you are not going to use the truck for towing or hauling. The rear end is going to sag as designed when the truck is loaded or a trailer attached. Being just about perfectly level, when the truck takes that weight the front end is going to point to the sky.

Very nice looking truck just not an ideal setup for towing/hauling.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

I agree with this in part. I think the trucks that are leveled look great. I think GM is probably the most nose-low from the factory of any of the big 3. However, when I hooked up my 6,000 travel trailer to my Silverado, even with properly tensioned weight distribution bars hooked up, the back came down a little and the truck sits failry level when hooked up and gear the back of the truck for a camping trip.

If I had a leveling kit on my truck I have to believe the nose would be at least a little high, which is not ideal as it takes weight off the front axle which can adversely affect handling. Might be an issue, might not.

I still may do a small leveling kit someday in the future I did one on a 1989 K1500 Silverado I had years ago and loved what that did for the looks of the truck, just as you guys' leveled trucks look great. But if your towing or hauling heavy loads, just give it some thought first.

Just my .02 FWIW

Do i used the RC 2.5 level in the front and left the factory rear blocks on the truck.

Do i used the RC 2.5 level in the front and left the factory rear blocks on the truck.

• Like 1

Only if you want the front higher than the back!

• Like 1

I know its the right thing to do but if I decide to wait a month and get bigger tires will it really hurt?

nah, just wear out your tires quicker, if you wait a month, the odds are you'll probably get it done a couple months later...so i would do it now than later.

• Like 1