#PIP5337: Shake and Shudder with 8-speed Auto

2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L 8 speed.

Increasing vibrations with shifting between 1 and 2k RPMs. Also, RPM fluctuations with the shudders.

Take it in and find that it is a known issue with the "Internal Torque Converter". I also find out that there is no revision or part currently available to address or fix the issue. Current service transmission assemblies do not include any fix or improvement for this issue.

There is no estimate as to when any fix will be available, and the service guy tells me that he was told by the guy at GM that it "shouldn't" cause any permanent damage, and that I should check back periodically to see if the fix is available.

Does all of this sound like a load of Garbage and BS to anyone but me?

I'm driving a "new" $60K rattle trap around with no estimate of when it will be fixed.

Anybody with insight? Any idea what my legal options are? How should this be addressed?

Ive got the same issue on my z71 8 speed. Started noticing it about a month or two ago in the same RPM range. Took in for the oil change and had a tech ride with. He knew exactly what it was and said they have had the same problem with some of the 6 speeds as well. He mentioned to me it was a known issue and there was a fix and that a new torque converter would be ordered when available. We will see. I have a yet to hear anything

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issues. 2015 SLT 6.2 with 8sp. Shuttering is getting really bad. Any speed, any gear under light acceleration or constant throttle. It has had two TCM updates, they didn't help.

I feel your pain for paying so much for a vehicle and it rides like a damn jollopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same issues. 2015 SLT 6.2 with 8sp. Shuttering is getting really bad. Any speed, any gear under light acceleration or constant throttle. It has had two TCM updates, they didn't help.

I feel your pain for paying so much for a vehicle and it rides like a damn jollopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you must give GM credit. They build the most expensive clunkers in the world.

Archived