New Alpine 10" In-Dash

• 4 weeks later...

That's a lot of money for what looks like cheesy plastics and buttons that don't match the truck at all. Plus if it's anything like the similar one they offer for my Jeep, there is no Android Auto or Apple CarPlay or whatever. It's a generation behind for tons more money.

I believe that $500 buys the full interface electronics for steering wheel controls and voice interface as well as the mounting kit and fascia.

Edited by spurshot

I looked into the 8" and 9" Alpines a while back. I came away with conclusion that there was nothing I wanted to put in place of the factory nav in my truck, that motivated me to part with thousands of dollars to have.

• Like 2

I read all the comments and then went to the Alpine website only to discover at the very bottom

" *Not compatible with factory equipped Bose[emoji768] systems. "

Seriously?!

IG: @blackpearl_edition

Seriously?!

Did I not mention that to you? It's do to the signal the bose amplifier needs in order to work. The pre-out for the alpine x110 is a clean 4v output split front/rear/sub. Edited by Strykers_Inc

Did I not mention that to you? It's do to the signal the bose amplifier needs in order to work. The pre-out for the alpine x110 is a clan 4v output split front/rear/sub.

Don't remember you mentioning it, if you did then I'm drawing a blank on it

Don't remember you mentioning it, if you did then I'm drawing a blank on it

Pretty much Bose is not compatible with anything other than itself. For the most part stock gm Bose systems sound okay for what they are. Stock radio systems have come a long way since the 1950's, but IMO it's a result of a whole lot of "tom foolery". Bose has always been the top of the line in that arena. The signal going into the Bose amp is NOT your typical pre-out signal from a head unit because it has been encoded (from my understanding), that is why when adding to a Bose system you have to grab the line out signal from the amp because it has been processed by the amp for speaker output (non-encoded).

Bose using their "proprietary" technology, will never make their systems universal.