Prior to your new Sierra/Silverado, what were you driving?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came from a 2004 Chevy Silverado 4.2L

I like everything about the upgrade except for the wider turning radius and how much harder it is to park it perfectly in public parking lots. Eventually, I may drop a few thousand for a used 4 Banger for short drives around town, like the gym, the liquor store, etc. Having a spare car for myself and the wife isn't a bad idea anyway.

Prior to this Sierra I split my driving between a '12 Sonic '95 Grand Cherokee and '05 Sportster. Traded the Sonic in on this, so biggest things I miss from that would be the gas mileage, cheaper insurance, registration and a lot more space in the garage. Overall happier with my 4th Sierra though.

1998 Ford F-150 extended cab (3 door) work truck. 6 cylinder, manual shift, no power anything, AM/FM radio, now over 400,000 miles. The truck never had any power, and I had to downshift driving up small hills. Forget about passing another car unless I could see about a mile of clear highway.

Things I liked about it: I didn't have to buy it, insure it, fuel it, or repair it.

You asked so here it is. I'll be 50 yrs old next month and have only owned 6 vehicles (not including my wife's). Only three of those were new and those were purchased in the last 6 years. In chronological order:

2016 Sierra All Terrain SLT 4x4 - Black

2014 Sierra All Terrain SLT 4x4 - Black

2010 Sierra SLT 4x4 - Fire Red

2002 S10 Blazer 2x4 - Silver

1992 S10 Blazer 2x4 - Black

1970 Monte Carlo - god awful ugly brown but absolutely loved that car. Purchased my senior year of high school (84) for $1,400 with 50,000 miles on it. Sold it to a kid in 1993 for $1,000 at 252,000 miles

Archived