Prior to your new Sierra/Silverado, what were you driving?

Audi a5.... loved that ****ing car except for the constant engine and trans issues.

Can't take the 1500 into a hair pin turn at 60mpH unless I'm looking to slam into a pole either :(

All other points people brought up I agree with as well, backing up and parking suck in a big truck!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013 Mustang GT. I really miss my RWD muscle car, it was so much fun. The best thing about the truck is it is so practical. I can't hunt and fish when I want and don't have to wait for my friends with trucks to go now. Both my chocolate labs can fit in my vehicle to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Colorado crew cab 4x4 z71

coloradonerfbars_zpsvzubxign.jpg

No change except have to be more careful when parking but that wasn't really an adjustment since I had a 2013 4x4 ltz before the colorado, and have a 2010 silverado ext cab 4x4 I drive once in a while.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Car was amazing along with all of its features except I had to get out from under it with its many issues.

- Transmission whined.

- Transmission randomly would clunk horridly while downshifting from 2nd to 1st gear.

- Cam chain pre-maturely stretched (common issue on 1st gen ecoboost engines) - loud rattle on cold start ups.

- Cheap chrome plating over plastic exterior body pieces peeling off.

Everyday I lived in fear that it would blow up on me. Pretty happy with my new Silverado so far!

1993 Silverado 5.7L 2WD 243K miles, drove it for 19 years. Taking it to second home in mountains as a second vehicle replacing 1985 Jeep Cherokee V6.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Car was amazing along with all of its features except I had to get out from under it with its many issues.

- Transmission whined.

- Transmission randomly would clunk horridly while downshifting from 2nd to 1st gear.

- Cam chain pre-maturely stretched (common issue on 1st gen ecoboost engines) - loud rattle on cold start ups.

- Cheap chrome plating over plastic exterior body pieces peeling off.

Everyday I lived in fear that it would blow up on me. Pretty happy with my new Silverado so far!

I literally thought you were talking about a older (1980's) SHO! :lol:

2012 Cruze RS was my previous car, great car but ran outta room real quick with a baby and a dog.

I literally thought you were talking about a older (1980's) SHO! :lol:

2012 Cruze RS was my previous car, great car but ran outta room real quick with a baby and a dog.

Well, funny story. I actually found a cherry 1991 SHO (Yamaha 3.0L 5 spd) a couple months after parting with my 2010 SHO. It was pretty neat going BACKwards in generations and seeing where Ford got a lot of their styling ideas for the new gen's. Ended up selling the car 5 days later for 50% profit :).

1999 Chevrolet S-10 Zr2. My first truck. Absolutely loved that thing!

S10.jpg

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Great Truck, lots of room. Got rid of it at 100,000 after I paid $3k for a new transmission.

Ava.jpg

2008 GMC Sierra All Terrain - Great Truck, No issues. Traded at 100K

Sierra.jpg

2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain

011f209d575b62b122264588e2a8f648f3ff3e6a

G8 GT - 2800 stall, DOD delete cam, ported intake/TB, 1-3/4" LT headers no cats into magnaflow exhaust. Daily driver put 135,000 miles on would drive it in any conditions heavy snow w/ studded blizzaks - whipping around a mid 12 second (on street tires) 2 ton RWD sedan w/ a stall and loud a$$ exhaust in the winter was a blast and I got lots of looks.....probably my favorite vehicle of all time and also probably the best bang for the buck car I have ever seen when new.

post-123821-0-87369100-1451404367_thumb.png

2011 Mazdaspeed 3

Had it e-tuned with a full Corksport SRI intake and exhaust. It was a beast on the highway, but the torque steer was a bitch. Its too much power to lay down with FWD. I love my 2015 LT Z71 Silverado. Its a lot more comfortable and better suited for the climate here in New England. My MS3 took a beating last winter. I dented 2 rims and needed a serious front end alignment after last winter.

2013 Mustang GT. I really miss my RWD muscle car, it was so much fun. The best thing about the truck is it is so practical. I can't hunt and fish when I want and don't have to wait for my friends with trucks to go now. Both my chocolate labs can fit in my vehicle to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you on this one. I came from a 2009 Challenger SRT-8 with a 6-speed. Love the practicality now and being able to throw my dirt bike in the back rather than waiting for friends with a truck. But I sure do miss the power!

a 2012 Kia Optima SX Turbo.

And before that a 2011 F150 FX4 5.0

and before that a 2010 Camaro SS/RS

and before that a 2002 Silverado ECSB 4x4

The one I miss the most is the Silvy. I had a buddy run the vin and it is registered in a town about 30 miles from me. I always wanted to hunt it down and check it out.

Archived