Leveling a 2016 2500HD

<p>

You make what ever decision you feel is best. While everyone on here says i'm wrong every major lift company would agree that I am correct. "

• ReadyLIFT® Torsion Key
  • Forged for ultimate strength
  • Safely raises trucks up to 2.25 inches for a level stance
  • Does not "over crank" torsion bar

2011%20Chevy%20Silverado%20GMC%20Sierra%"

every major lift company would not agree you're correct, every major lift company is happy to perpetuate misinformation to sell product, bottom line right there

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How in the world are we still discussing this???

It is a BAR that is simply being twisted, it does NOT care how or what is twisting it!!!

So much fail!

lol, I don't know.it was only a few months ago I was looking into leveling my truck via cranking the stock keys, and going into it I thought like Whitney, I did my research, and with out much trouble, and an open mine, I was able to understand what I was getting into, the good, the bad and the ugly of lifting this way. but one thing I did understand loud and clear, lift keys are a waste of money. this thread I found while I was looking around was the best, and there just happens to be guy posting in it that designs off road lift suspensions, who agrees that lift keys are useless as sold.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/80-suspension-steering-2001-2010/276136-truth-about-lifting-torsion-bars.html

All you gotta do is install them and you will see the difference. If they don't work then return them. They all come with a guarantee that you will not loose the factory ride quality. The proof is in the pudding.

All you gotta do is install them and you will see the difference. If they don't work then return them. They all come with a guarantee that you will not loose the factory ride quality. The proof is in the pudding.

see.......... this is the part you're either not understanding or unwilling to sit back and re-evaluate how this all works. I , like many on the forum, have leveled my truck 2" using the stock keys. my ride quality did not suffer at all, it is still every bit factory, if not better because I'm not riding on the lower bump stops, and I didn't spend any money on a lift or the install of the lift. in this , you're right on only one thing, the proof is in the pudding, and I drive that pudding every day!

lift keys are a waste of money if all one wants to do is level a street biased truck. if you want more lift, or want to get more aggressive off road, you really need to be looking at a more involved LIFT KIT, these are two tottaly different things.

2a252085892a9789e8d657c7117bc1be01f5d73c

I was going to try to help these guys explain things to you, but I'm pretty sure it'll just fall on deaf ears. If you want to install new torsion keys to raise your truck just as much as you could have with stock keys, then go right ahead. It's your money, you can spend it on whatever you want. And, if you'll sleep better because you've got a few more threads showing on your bolts than someone on stock keys, that's fine too. The rest of us that know better will spend our money on something else.

This thread is full of win!

For the record keys are needed when the stock bolts will not get you high enough but be warned if you are needing more lift then the stock keys can give you then you will start needing other parts to go with it...

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i hate to start this topic up again, but, I have heard if i raise the front end using the keys i will need an alignment? any truth to this?

also can I over do it or is there a stop point and the screws will only go so far?

I think i am also going to remove the nose skirt and the plastic wheel well trim. i think that will change the way the truck looks like it is sitting.

i hate to start this topic up again, but, I have heard if i raise the front end using the keys i will need an alignment? any truth to this?

also can I over do it or is there a stop point and the screws will only go so far?

I think i am also going to remove the nose skirt and the plastic wheel well trim. i think that will change the way the truck looks like it is sitting.

Yes you will need to get an alignment.

Thanks for all the helpful info. Just picked up my new 2500 yesturday with the snow plow package. I hate to beat a dead horse here... I understand how to crank up the key for more front end lift.... I just don't know if I need the spacers for the shock with the snow plow package.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for all the helpful info. Just picked up my new 2500 yesturday with the snow plow package. I hate to beat a dead horse here... I understand how to crank up the key for more front end lift.... I just don't know if I need the spacers for the shock with the snow plow package.

Thanks

Chris

It's more of a personal choice. Crank them up and see where your happy with. If the stock keys don't get you there add the aftermarket keys.

It's more of a personal choice. Crank them up and see where your happy with. If the stock keys don't get you there add the aftermarket keys.

Thanks for the response. I'm pretty certain the stock keys from the snow plow package will be fine for adequate lift. What I am after is info on the shock. Are the shocks on the snow plow package able to accommodate the extra lift without spacers? I think I found my answer and its , yes, I need the spacers.

I'm not sure how adding a lot of preload to raise the height isn't going to effect ride quality? For instance a snowmobile...if you crank the blocks on the rear springs to max, and then have a 150 pound guy ride it he's going to get beat up. Same spring rate, more preload. Why is cranking the torsion bars any different than this? Trying to understand.

Archived