Signal mirror upgrade !! Need help

I own a 2014 Silverado 1500 with heat and power mirrors (no signals ) and my buddy has 2016 mirror that has signals built in that he is selling and was wondering if they would work on mine. The mirrors will fit but not sure if the signal will work. I don't know if there is already a post about this I tried to search for one but had no luck thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. You would need to run the tow mirror upgrades to make just the signals work, so new door harnesses and a special jumper harness that is required for 2014 trucks. The truck is sort of wired for mirror signals, but the circuits for them are not to the body side door harness connector. The jumper completes the circuit to the door body side connector, then the new door harness would complete it to the mirror.

Now...if there is any open cavities in the connector for the mirror on your truck, you could add a terminal end, some wire and try and tap into the flasher circuit. Would be a hell of a lot cheaper, if it can be done.

Here is a simple way to tell:

If you don't have the memory seat buttons above the driver's door handle then you don't have the correct harnesses or BCM software to make the DL3 mirrors work (don't ask me why GM bundled it this way but they did).

So I have a 2015 crew cab with DL8 mirrors. If I wanted to do this upgrade obviously I would need the mirrors and I would just need the dealership to reporgram the bcm for them? My cirrent mirror are power and heat but manual fold if that makes any difference.

Ok thanks I kinda figured it wasn't that easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was you I would just hard wire the mirrors. I did that on my truck since when I got my tow mirrors the door harnesses weren't available. I ran my wires to the BCM for signals and all since my truck was just heat and power

there is no need for programming just need to buy the switch and powerfold will work for turn signals to work either buy both door harness or hardwire them in

That's true for powerfold and turn signals but you will not get the auto-dim or reverse-tilt without new harnesses and a BCM upgrade.