~~ VENDOR MVI ~~ Apple CarPlay, Android Auto UPDATES

I'm starting this this new thread at Anthony's request. The old thread has gotten too large, so look here for the latest info on these updates from MVI.

Quote:

Ok...so I was really hoping to start a new thread so info does not get mixed up. Unfortunately...not real great at navigating these forums...our expertise is in GM electronics...lol. Anyone that would like to jump in and help out is more than welcome...I think a new thread would be beneficial.
Android Auto is now available...hopefully the pics come through as well....
gallery_128971_3918_43351.jpg
gallery_128971_3918_36389.jpg
gallery_128971_3918_23423.jpg
gallery_128971_3918_9528.jpg
post-135534-0-19918100-1456878459.jpg
Anthony Brush
MVI Inc
919-995-9523

Phone Calls -- M-F 9am-5pm Mountain Time

Texting -- M-F 7am-8pm Mountain Time, Sat-Sun 12pm-5pm

Web:

https://gm-navigation.com

https://autospatech.com

Edited by 2Speed
  • Like 2

Here is the rundown:

We have officially gotten Android Auto up and running successfully. We will be able to accommodate a few different upgrade options...please see below:

Android Auto is officially available in conjunction with the UNLOCK....meaning if you currently own a 2016 GM Vehicle WITH CarPlay; we can provide our normal unlock service that lifts the In-Motion restrictions AND give you the Android Auto software as well. Pricing is $399.00 for the module exchange program (same as usual) and $349.00 if you would like to send your module into us. Plus shipping round trip on both of those options.

If you own a 2014-2015 Vehicle and would like to upgrade to the CarPlay and Android Auto technology...we can accommodate. There are a couple different price points depending on whether or not you need Factory NAV as well...so please TEXT in for pricing. For those of you that currently have the factory NAV...we will still offer our services to sell your existing NAV equipment to recoup some of the upgrade cost. Those without the existing factory NAV...we can help assist in selling..... Please TEXT/call for more info regarding this.

For those that have already upgraded to the CarPlay.....I have a couple options to get you handled as well. Please TEXT/call for details.

We are already flooded with business...so PLEEEEASE be patient with us. Text me and I will get back to you...if for some reason you don't hear from me within a day...Text/Call again for a friendly reminder.

919-995-9523

• Like 1

How does that update work? What is the cost? Is this available on my 15 Sierra?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

15 Sierra will require new hardware...which we do offer. You'll need to Text me for info. Cell # is in the signature

• Like 2

@MVI Inc,

Do you all have a video or instructions on removing the center console safely to remove our modules?

The HMI is behind the glove box. It's real easy to get to.

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the full setup this morning. I'll do a full documented install with pics and post it up here when I'm done.

• Like 4

The HMI is behind the glove box. It's real easy to get to.

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the full setup this morning. I'll do a full documented install with pics and post it up here when I'm done.

Thanks 2Speed.

My dealer hasn't gotten their thumb drive yet for the 2016 updates. As soon as I get that done at the I plan on contacting MVI to send mine in.

Edited by SierraMyst

I am curious when it will be installed at the factory, my truck was built on Feb 17th and I will take delivery this weekend or first of next week. I am hoping either it will be factory installed or at least the software will be available to the dealership before I take delivery. Hopefully soon I can place the order to get the unlock from MVI.

I am curious when it will be installed at the factory, my truck was built on Feb 17th and I will take delivery this weekend or first of next week. I am hoping either it will be factory installed or at least the software will be available to the dealership before I take delivery. Hopefully soon I can place the order to get the unlock from MVI.

GM website and media releases say it is available now, so if your's wasn't installed at the factory the dealer should be doing it as part of the PDI process.

GM website and media releases say it is available now, so if your's wasn't installed at the factory the dealer should be doing it as part of the PDI process.

He can get the Android Auto update through the dealer, but if he wants the video in motion unlock, that will have to come from MVI.

• Like 1

How does that update work? What is the cost? Is this available on my 15 Sierra?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - Module swap

2 - varies depending on options, contact MVI for exact pricing

3 - Yes

• Like 1