Anyone have the BDS 4" FOX COILOVER Kit?

Been looking into functional lifts. This one is quite pricey at around $3500 and I was wondering if it was worth it or if you have any regrets? How are the fox's compared to high quality king/icon shocks, etc?

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=1&ty=1&yr=2014-2016

Edited by m3n00b

Well, not exactly. I have the 6" lift. But maybe this helps. . . maybe not.

I went with the BDS leafs in the rear. Fox 2.5 coils in front, 2.0 smoothies in rear. I love it.

Only thing, if you don't need increased towing capacity in the bed of your truck, perhaps the blocks are the way to go (if your not to concerned with axel wrap ). .because I will say, the BDS new leafs are significantly stiffer and have a bouncy ride in the read when not under load. With the RZR 800 in the bed of the truck ( 1300 lbs. ), it was a bit bouncy on the stock leafs. The BDS leafs ride a lot better under load that same load. Other than that, I just have a tent trailer and small aluminum trailer. All of these things I have pulled with a 2 liter Subaru.

I'm considering putting the factory leafs back in, and adding air ride bags for the rare instance that I put the RZR 800 ( side by side) in the bed of the truck.

The purpose of this would be to get a better ride on the daily regular ( bed empty ).

The remote reservoir coilovers are beautiful looking in my opinion. I like fox. I like the logo <-- crap reason to like something, but I like how stuff looks, its important to me, that's why I didn't get a Dodge or Ford ( ugly to me, unless its s Raptor, those look kinda cool, but too may people have them, and they were over priced ).

• Like 3

I went with the BDS leafs in the rear. Fox 2.5 coils in front, 2.0 smoothies in rear. I love it.

Only thing, if you don't need increased towing capacity in the bed of your truck, perhaps the blocks are the way to go (if your not to concerned with axel wrap ). .because I will say, the BDS new leafs are significantly stiffer and have a bouncy ride in the read when not under load. With the RZR 800 in the bed of the truck ( 1300 lbs. ), it was a bit bouncy on the stock leafs. The BDS leafs ride a lot better under load that same load. Other than that, I just have a tent trailer and small aluminum trailer. All of these things I have pulled with a 2 liter Subaru.

I'm considering putting the factory leafs back in, and adding air ride bags for the rare instance that I put the RZR 800 ( side by side) in the bed of the truck.

The purpose of this would be to get a better ride on the daily regular ( bed empty ).

The remote reservoir coilovers are beautiful looking in my opinion. I like fox. I like the logo <-- crap reason to like something, but I like how stuff looks, its important to me, that's why I didn't get a Dodge or Ford ( ugly to me, unless its s Raptor, those look kinda cool, but too may people have them, and they were over priced ).

Thank you sir! Compared to the stock setup, is the offroad ride quality improved a decent amount?

Edited by m3n00b

I to have the BDS 6" with out the coilivers, I went with the basic kit and coming from a 2.5" level my truck rides as good if not better than it did stock. When I take my truck off-roading or getting it muddy as I like to think, the truck performs perfectly with zero feelings of breaking or that I've gone beyond the trucks limits.

*Disclaimer- I do not think I drive a baja-truck so there is never any real stupid shit done other than good ole American mudding.

• Like 2

I to have the BDS 6" with out the coilivers, I went with the basic kit and coming from a 2.5" level my truck rides as good if not better than it did stock. When I take my truck off-roading or getting it muddy as I like to think, the truck performs perfectly with zero feelings of breaking or that I've gone beyond the trucks limits.

*Disclaimer- I do not think I drive a baja-truck so there is never any real stupid shit done other than good ole American mudding.

Haha. I'm trying to baja. Just want a more comfortable trail ride. These stock Ranchos suck

-tapa

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Been looking into functional lifts. This one is quite pricey at around $3500 and I was wondering if it was worth it or if you have any regrets? How are the fox's compared to high quality king/icon shocks, etc?

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=1&ty=1&yr=2014-2016

I am also looking into this kit for a 16 sierra. Did you end up getting this kit? if so, how does it ride on the pavement? I am concerned with a rougher ride around town with the bigger coilovers.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet! I sent a message to a guy who has so hopefully he replies here.

I am also looking into this kit for a 16 sierra. Did you end up getting this kit? if so, how does it ride on the pavement? I am concerned with a rougher ride around town with the bigger coilovers.

• Like 1

Thank you sir! Compared to the stock setup, is the offroad ride quality improved a decent amount?

Yes, without a doubt. The Fox shocks are almost twice the diameter and have triple the oil capacity. Not only can they control the motion of these big trucks, they are valved for performance. The on road ride will be better, steer flatter without riding rough and being able to soak up speedbumps and potholes very easily. Offroad its not even worth the time to compare, the stock shocks dont even come close and would break doing what the Fox (or King, ICON, etc) shocks are capable of.

Coilovers often improve the ride, until people try to crank them up by adding pre-load. If you keep them how they are out of the box, they ride like butter. Much better than stock.

If you buy it then get it from your local BDS dealer. BDS will ship to them for free and you can pick it up from there. If they ship direct to you it gets expensive. Also my local dealer gave me 15% off and said any local BDS dealer should atleast give you 10% off.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I totally agree the BDS rear springs are bouncy. I disconnected my fox shocks in rear to see how stiff the rear spring were And was surprised the Bds springs are not stiff at all it is the fox shocks that are pretty stiff. It was a pain trying to compress then to reattach to the axle. I think Bds needs to retune the shocks in rear for people opting for replacement springs

I priced out a basic 4" BDS with traction bars and leaf springs. It approached 3.5k. Just wondering if they're necessary and if my ability to tow my 10k trailer is going to be severely impacted after lift and 35s. Currently have 3.73s. If it kills my ability to tow comfortably, it's a deal breaker. Putting in 4.10s is not an option.

For anyone looking to purchase either the 4" or 6" coilover kit I have two word for you...DO IT! This is by far the best lift kit I've had on any truck. The coilover make this thing ride like a dream on road and do a great job of soaking up the terrain off road. With that being said this isn't a pre-runner kit so don't expect to be doing 100mph on that 20-40mph back road. Make sure you purchase the rear fox 2.0 shocks as well as the rear leaf springs. Yes the rear leafs do make the ass end a little stiffer but it's nothing back breaking and they are a must if you tow. I recently towed a new car I purchased from GA to AL for a distance of 300 miles. The trailer and car weighed in at a little over 7000lbs. As far as the eye could tell I had ZERO sag in the rear and the back end was nice and tight. FYI the rear leafs will take about 1,500-3,000 miles to settle. Now if you tow more often this will greatly drop. When it comes to price the best price will always come from an Authorized BDS dealer. I purchased mine brand new with zero tax and free shipping for $2693. At the time it was about $3600 and now they a little more since they had a price increase a few months back. If anyone has anymore questions please let me know I'd be happy to answer and give you my experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For anyone looking to purchase either the 4" or 6" coilover kit I have two word for you...DO IT! This is by far the best lift kit I've had on any truck. The coilover make this thing ride like a dream on road and do a great job of soaking up the terrain off road. With that being said this isn't a pre-runner kit so don't expect to be doing 100mph on that 20-40mph back road. Make sure you purchase the rear fox 2.0 shocks as well as the rear leaf springs. Yes the rear leafs do make the ass end a little stiffer but it's nothing back breaking and they are a must if you tow. I recently towed a new car I purchased from GA to AL for a distance of 300 miles. The trailer and car weighed in at a little over 7000lbs. As far as the eye could tell I had ZERO sag in the rear and the back end was nice and tight. FYI the rear leafs will take about 1,500-3,000 miles to settle. Now if you tow more often this will greatly drop. When it comes to price the best price will always come from an Authorized BDS dealer. I purchased mine brand new with zero tax and free shipping for $2693. At the time it was about $3600 and now they a little more since they had a price increase a few months back. If anyone has anymore questions please let me know I'd be happy to answer and give you my experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did you get aftermarket UCA's as well? I'm debating whether I want to risk Fox 2.5 Coilovers with stock UCA's.

I think I'd feel safer if I got aftermarket UCA's and a tune as well. Mine would be with NO BDS lift...as I have no need for bigger tires than 33".