i have a 2015 rally2, 4"bds lift, running nitto g2 285/50/22 with stock rims(about 25,000 miles now), not many choices in this tire size(wish bfg made them), mounted a 325 but looked like it would rub(on stock rims) overall g2 in wet weather is a decent tire!

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally bit the bullet and got the 285/55/22 Nitto G2's. First of all they look amazing on the factory 22's. They ride nice and are really very quite (slighlty louder than stock but only barely) I have run lots of mud tires though so these seem super quite lol. Now regarding fit These really do fit pretty well considering the size of the tire. The biggest issue I have is with GM molded mudflaps I have on my truck I have had to trim them down on the inside corner. The felt liner is no issue at all and I pinned back with a zip tie to the closest body mount and you cant even tell. I am still having rubbing on parts of the mudflap in reverse and will probably trim more to eliminate the issue.

post-143757-0-19518100-1493136634_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have finally bit the bullet and got the 285/55/22 Nitto G2's. First of all they look amazing on the factory 22's. They ride nice and are really very quite (slighlty louder than stock but only barely) I have run lots of mud tires though so these seem super quite lol. Now regarding fit These really do fit pretty well considering the size of the tire. The biggest issue I have is with GM molded mudflaps I have on my truck I have had to trim them down on the inside corner. The felt liner is no issue at all and I pinned back with a zip tie to the closest body mount and you cant even tell. I am still having rubbing on parts of the mudflap in reverse and will probably trim more to eliminate the issue.

Those look great man! Definitely add some meat to the 22's. I love the look of the bigger rims on these trucks but hate when they loose too much of tire, this seems like a good balance.

Those look great man! Definitely add some meat to the 22's. I love the look of the bigger rims on these trucks but hate when they loose too much of tire, this seems like a good balance.

Thanks man. Agree completely the small sidewall was always disappointing but loved the larger rims on the new style truck. The picture doesn't even do them justice in person they look awesome with the meatier sidewall. Certainly fill up the wheel wells

• 1 month later...

Here is my 2017 Sierra Denali with leveling on 285/55/22 G's. No trimming. Rubs a bit when backing up my driveway. I might do a bit of trimming. I haven't decided yet. Love the look though.

post-173939-0-47547200-1497698149_thumb.jpg

Edited by D-dubs
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Here is my 2017 Sierra Denali with leveling on 285/55/22 G's. No trimming. Rubs a bit when backing up my driveway. I might do a bit of trimming. I haven't decided yet. Love the look though.

Which leveling kit are you running? Wanting to add 2.5/1 leveling kit to add the same Nitto G2 tires you have. Really like the Rough Country 2.5/1 kit but just spoke with them and they don't yet have a kit to market for the AVV stamped steel HD control arms on my 2017 Sierra Denali.

• Like 1

Which leveling kit are you running? Wanting to add 2.5/1 leveling kit to add the same Nitto G2 tires you have. Really like the Rough Country 2.5/1 kit but just spoke with them and they don't yet have a kit to market for the AVV stamped steel HD control arms on my 2017 Sierra Denali.

ProRYDE 2.5 leveling kit

ProRYDE 2.5 leveling kit

Thanks! Do they have a relocation bracket for the magneride suspension? I couldn't ascertain from their website, or did you need to do a dealer relearn?

• Like 1

Dang! I'm running that same tire (34.4" tall) on a 4" Fabtech. Where does yours rub? Driver or pass side ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask you a couple of questions about the Fabtech 4":

Are you using the budget lift or the uniball?

What size tires are you running?

Do you have a 4wd/AWD Denali?

Are you running OEM wheels?

Do you have any rubbing?

Thanks!!

Can I ask you a couple of questions about the Fabtech 4":

Are you using the budget lift or the uniball?

What size tires are you running?

Do you have a 4wd/AWD Denali?

Are you running OEM wheels?

Do you have any rubbing?

Thanks!!

Sure, let me know what else you'd like to know. I'm running the uniball kit with the heavy duty ball joints

I'm running a Terra Grappler G2 in a 285/55/22, which measures out to 34.4", only .2" smaller than a true 35". It's roughly .5" thinner. I chose to run a 1" spacer and I am really happy with the look. You will read people go back and forth with their opinion of/on spacers. I did my research and I am happy with my decision. I may at some point get wheels but I wanted to keep the OEM look, just a little more aggressive.

My Denali is a 2017 1500, crew cab, short bed,

4WD.

I'm running the factory 22" that comes with the Denali ultimate package.

I have a 1-1.5" section of my fender liner where I rub on the driver side when I turn left in reverse. I haven't trimmed anything else or removed the lower bumper valance.

I was really surprised when the other member was running this tire on a level kit. That's a massive tire on just a level. It has to rub ..The kit I have is designed for 33s, and it seems like it barely fits the tires I run... I had a 2.5 level before this and there's no way they would have fit.

I'd highly recommend the Fabtech kit. It integrated nicely with Magnaride and I truly think the majority of the additional roughness is from the 10ply tires. I'd say it rides like a 2500 HD.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Thanks! Do they have a relocation bracket for the magneride suspension? I couldn't ascertain from their website, or did you need to do a dealer relearn?

Yes, they said that they had a relocation bracket that went on the magneride.

Sure, let me know what else you'd like to know. I'm running the uniball kit with the heavy duty ball joints

I'm running a Terra Grappler G2 in a 285/55/22, which measures out to 34.4", only .2" smaller than a true 35". It's roughly .5" thinner. I chose to run a 1" spacer and I am really happy with the look. You will read people go back and forth with their opinion of/on spacers. I did my research and I am happy with my decision. I may at some point get wheels but I wanted to keep the OEM look, just a little more aggressive.

My Denali is a 2017 1500, crew cab, short bed,

4WD.

I'm running the factory 22" that comes with the Denali ultimate package.

I have a 1-1.5" section of my fender liner where I rub on the driver side when I turn left in reverse. I haven't trimmed anything else or removed the lower bumper valance.

I was really surprised when the other member was running this tire on a level kit. That's a massive tire on just a level. It has to rub ..The kit I have is designed for 33s, and it seems like it barely fits the tires I run... I had a 2.5 level before this and there's no way they would have fit.

I'd highly recommend the Fabtech kit. It integrated nicely with Magnaride and I truly think the majority of the additional roughness is from the 10ply tires. I'd say it rides like a 2500 HD.

Hope this helps!

Helps a ton, thanks!

I ran 1.5inch wheel spacers on my last truck (2008 Toyota Tundra) for 5 years and 50000 miles with never a problem! Did you add spacer for the wider look or to minimize rubbing? Front and back wheels alike?

What 2.5 leveling kit were you running before switching to the 4 inch Fabtech lift? Did you like it and how was the ride?

I was also surprised at the tire size on a 2.5 inch leveling kit, but the same wheel/tire combo is being reported in other threads on this forum by other members, also only reporting minimal rubbing at full lock in reverse. Seems like an inexpensive way to improve the look and maintain the ride (except for the tire differences).

Lastly do you have truck photos of the 2.5 level or the current 4 inch lift?

Thanks again for the help as I work out the best path to toughen up the stance of this truck a little!

Cheers

Helps a ton, thanks!

I ran 1.5inch wheel spacers on my last truck (2008 Toyota Tundra) for 5 years and 50000 miles with never a problem! Did you add spacer for the wider look or to minimize rubbing? Front and back wheels alike?

What 2.5 leveling kit were you running before switching to the 4 inch Fabtech lift? Did you like it and how was the ride?

I was also surprised at the tire size on a 2.5 inch leveling kit, but the same wheel/tire combo is being reported in other threads on this forum by other members, also only reporting minimal rubbing at full lock in reverse. Seems like an inexpensive way to improve the look and maintain the ride (except for the tire differences).

Lastly do you have truck photos of the 2.5 level or the current 4 inch lift?

Thanks again for the help as I work out the best path to toughen up the stance of this truck a little!

Cheers

I added the spacer for the look mostly. It's the same front and rear and it looks pretty solid. I ran a SuspensionMaxx 2.5" level. I loved it and the bracket for the relocation of the level sensor was good. It was actually accidentally transferred to the Fabtech control arms and it ended up making my whole lift ride better because it put the sensor at a better angle. Here's the truck with the level.

a9d3a27e92e1930da0cff1da4bb34ff0.jpg

The ride was pretty much same as stock. The only time I could feel a difference was at 75+mph and I think the aerodynamic change was the biggest difference.

I would highly recommend a true lift for such a size tire. Yes, it could technically fit on just a level, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense to limit the movement of the suspension that way. But I built this truck to be able to drive through a ditch if I feel like it... haha you know what I mean though.

Here's the truck with the Fabtech 4". I'd highly recommend this set up. I'll take pics of the upper ball joint if you want. It's solid.

0d1397f4b8cd7e60a47b13f54f02d9b9.jpgc6172030c12927cb05a027c201fc1494.jpg70e43d415075285f94124f57dd6a4fba.jpg

• Like 3