They are quite a bit more expensive. The truck came stock with 17s which looked way too small on that big bulky body, so I went with 33s and 20s. After a year or 2 even those looked too small. So I stepped it up to 22s and 34.5s and it looks the best to me and was worth the added cost. You know what they say, you gotta pay to play! 

They are quite a bit more expensive. The truck came stock with 17s which looked way too small on that big bulky body, so I went with 33s and 20s. After a year or 2 even those looked too small. So I stepped it up to 22s and 34.5s and it looks the best to me and was worth the added cost. You know what they say, you gotta pay to play! 

Mine came with 22s and 32s. I upped it to 17s and 33s and purchasing the wheels and tires actually cost me less than getting those 285/55r22s. Now I wish I could fit some 34-35s but at 3” lift and 0mm offset my truck just barely clears the 33s. I use and abuse it so slight rubbing will end badly. And 22s even with 35s just isn’t enough sidewall for some of the rough roads I see. I have 3 dented 22s to show for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 2:22 PM, akittoe90 said:

Are your control arms "stamped steel"? Is your truck a 2016 with Magneride? Mine is a 16 Denali 1500 Magneride with stamped steel control arms and I'm having trouble finding a 2.5 inch leveling kit. What brand of kit did you get? Thanks. 

I have the same setup. Mag ride and Stamped Steel.  I just ordered a 2.5" leveling kit from Rough Country

1 hour ago, BrianABP said:

I have the same setup. Mag ride and Stamped Steel.  I just ordered a 2.5" leveling kit from Rough Country

I have the same setup as well with Stamped Steel A-Arms. I used the SuspensionMaxx 2.5 Leveling kit with 2" rear Blocks. 285/55r22 Ridge Grapplers

20180126_141940.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DenaliLegend said:

I have the same setup as well with Stamped Steel A-Arms. I used the SuspensionMaxx 2.5 Leveling kit with 2" rear Blocks. 285/55r22 Ridge Grapplers

20180126_141940.jpg

Sittin' perfect man!  Can't wait to get there :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DenaliLegend said:

It does rub but not anything that matters it rubs on full lock but these tires are super aggressive. I don't remember exact measurements but it was around 4" total with lift an tires. When it ever stops raining here I will check it

Awesome thank you! looks exactly like what I’m looking to try and do I got the Rc up front for now with the stockers but wanted to see the measurements compared to mine since I have no rear blocks currently 

I have a 17 denali ultimate with magneride and want to keep my OEM wheels.  I'm looking to do about a 2.5" front and maybe a 2" rear block and run the 285/55/22.  There really aren't many level kits specifically for the magneride. I have seen the Suspension Maxx kit but im not real sure about the "Maxxstak" and how it will last over time.  The Rough Country is out of stock for my stamped steel control arms.  It looks like the Proryde might be compatible but I don't see brackets and a hole in the top for the wires to run through.  Did anyone recalibrate their speedometer to the new tire specs, and who did you get to do that for you?  It looks like the speed will be off 4+mph with the bigger tire.

• 1 month later...

This thread is awesome!  Can't thank you guys enough for sharing all the great info.  It helped me go up in sidewall profile to 285/55R22 Terra Grappler G2s from the stock 285/45R22 tires and gave me the confidence of knowing exactly what I was getting into with my 2014 GMC Double Cab Carbon 22 Edition.  Thank you!!!

As expected, I do have the tiny rub on full lock turns that I anticipated based on the helpful info in this thread.  Should be a very easy fix to tie back the fender liners, trim them a bit, and/or maybe even put a heat gun on them and reshape them.  It's so minor, I could probably just live with it as is.

My suspension mods are the MotoFab 2.5" Front / 1" Rear kit which uses an upper spacer on the front struts along with the Rough Country upper control arms to improve the ball joint angles.

Can anyone running the LT285/55R22 Terra Grappler G2's or something very similar comment on what psi you've had the best luck with?  Most of my driving is city/hwy miles with a small amount of gravel roads and light towing mixed in on occasion.  The sidewall indicates a max of 80 psi.  The shop sent me away with 37 psi which is definitely too low.  I've got them at 60 psi right now and that could be a bit much for an empty half ton.  I'm looking for the best wear and mileage, not too concerned with ride quality.

Thanks again!

IMG_1358.JPG

This thread is awesome!  Can't thank you guys enough for sharing all the great info.  It helped me go up in sidewall profile to 285/55R22 Terra Grappler G2s from the stock 285/45R22 tires and gave me the confidence of knowing exactly what I was getting into with my 2014 GMC Double Cab Carbon 22 Edition.  Thank you!!!

As expected, I do have the tiny rub on full lock turns that I anticipated based on the helpful info in this thread.  Should be a very easy fix to tie back the fender liners, trim them a bit, and/or maybe even put a heat gun on them and reshape them.  It's so minor, I could probably just live with it as is.

My suspension mods are the MotoFab 2.5" Front / 1" Rear kit which uses an upper spacer on the front struts along with the Rough Country upper control arms to improve the ball joint angles.

Can anyone running the LT285/55R22 Terra Grappler G2's or something very similar comment on what psi you've had the best luck with?  Most of my driving is city/hwy miles with a small amount of gravel roads and light towing mixed in on occasion.  The sidewall indicates a max of 80 psi.  The shop sent me away with 37 psi which is definitely too low.  I've got them at 60 psi right now and that could be a bit much for an empty half ton.  I'm looking for the best wear and mileage, not too concerned with ride quality.

Thanks again!
IMG_1358.thumb.JPG.a9d62cb596dec9182538436d6221a41d.JPG

40-45 will wear nicely and drive comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk