Let's have some fun with the Off Road DIC

The driveway at hunting camp requires a running start, good tires, and the leaves to be dry (this time of year). This year we had 2 of 3, because I don't consider the Goodyear SR-A's to be good tires. Being pig-headed (and not wanting to carry all my gear up the hill in multiple trips) I went for it. Happy to say I made it! I didn't think to look at the DIC page until I was already at the top. Here's some pics from the way down.

Parked at the top:

Camp1.JPG

The top of the steep part. Here's where it gets scary when you get a surprise rain shower and have to drive down on the wet leaves.

Driveway1.JPG

The DIC pic. -20 Degrees! 4 Wheel Low and 1st gear, she crawls right down.

Driveway2.JPG

Good time to try out that hill descent control

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parked at the top:

attachicon.gifCamp1.JPG

I think I'll have to question the accuracy of the word "Parked" in describing the situation shown in Camp1.JPG. I would think something like "Monenarily-not-sliding" might be a better description.

Be that as it may, you are now the leader in the coveted "Hope it doesn't rain" division. :D

Is this in the '17s as well?

From the steering wheel. Left arrow, down to settings, enter, scroll and find information pages, (one of three options) right arrow. Scroll down to find "off road" mine is right near the bottom on my '15 with the max tow package. No Z71 or off-road package of ant sort on this truck.

Check the box and back out of the setting and go back to the main info page and scroll down u til you find it.

Have fun. !!

f66181966b2d09d6cfc9abb3afcad369.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Tempted to try 20° on the side. But not sure if the truck will stay up haha.

eaafcc9561d442420605308019222f00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Archived