2016 Silverado 2500HD Steering woes

According to the '17 Silverado HD brochure:

Standard on Crew Cab models and 4-door Double Cab models with available Duramax6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine. Not available on Regular Cab models
Shown as "available" on LT, LTZ trims, standard on High Country trim.
Edited by revrnd

I'm currently looking at bypassing the digital steering and going with a non-digital type. Studying the wiring schematics to fix this problem. My truck is not covered under warranty for this specific problem anyway.

I don't know about GMC but on a 2016 LTZ chev, speed sensitive steering is standard. At least it as with the way my truck was built. Crew cab 4x4 with gas engine.

Edited by Dirtbiker

The dmax was the best I'd driven as well - right up until it started leaking terribly and the dealer worked on it. The gas 2500 was seriously no bueno. Its amazing though- I sent GM service here a message with my VIN and posted my issue here and a few other forums- it's a miracle- the part showed up! Yay! Dropping my baby off at 7 am and they said they will have her done by the afternoon. We are leaving to go camping Thursday AM so must have it back or a loaner dmax. Lol.

I will keep you all posted.

Did your truck finally get fixed?

Bro's truck went in the shop today. New box & pitman arm. Tech said arm was damaged.

The salesman that shuttled the truck to dealership (lives in same city as bro & dealership is out of town) said, "That was scary".

I got #84224694 installed in my truck finally after waiting since Dec 1st. Got the truck back today... Steering is looser than stock, and the truck pulls terribly to the right. They have it again and are working on it again.

see attachment.

post-166705-0-10741600-1483760613_thumb.png

So as mentioned I received my truck back yesterday and I can't tell if its worse now or before I took it in.

I just did a 100 mile drive on the highway and its the strangest thing. It goes from LOOSE 4-5 inches of play to HARD almost DIFFICULT to turn and then back to LOOSE.

Should we start filling complaints to the NHTSA?

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

My truck isn't that bad yet, but it's not good and doesn't feel like a new truck should, maybe one with 150k and no maintenance.

Theres no point of even taking it in, there is no solution to the problem

EVERYONE with an issue must report it for a recall to be issued or all we'll get is bandaid's.

Currently I'm waiting for a Field Tech to look at my truck.

I have had this issue since about 1600 miles, and still no resolve. Currently I have 16940 miles.

This issue was brought to the attention of GM Corp. on December 07 via BBB since I was unable to get a permanent fix from multiple dealerships. I received a voicemail today explaining that we are still waiting to receive the scheduled for the Field Tech.

Edited by lmdnmmw

So as mentioned I received my truck back yesterday and I can't tell if its worse now or before I took it in.

I just did a 100 mile drive on the highway and its the strangest thing. It goes from LOOSE 4-5 inches of play to HARD almost DIFFICULT to turn and then back to LOOSE.

Is the play changed by your speed? Mine is fine until I hit 45 then becomes loose. Once I hit 76 it becomes normal.

Is the play changed by your speed? Mine is fine until I hit 45 then becomes loose. Once I hit 76 it becomes normal.

Prior to the first failure, it was good at all speeds. After the new gear box was installed it acts similar to yours.

Yesterday I was driving on the highway, and there was a curve, I had to give it quite a bit of pressure to stay in the turn, and it abruptly got loose and almost sent me into the wall before I corrected for the change in firmness.

Prior to the first failure, it was good at all speeds. After the new gear box was installed it acts similar to yours.

Yesterday I was driving on the highway, and there was a curve, I had to give it quite a bit of pressure to stay in the turn, and it abruptly got loose and almost sent me into the wall before I corrected for the change in firmness.

Yeah, we seem to be having the same problem.